Kraton ESC all up in smoke!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the my Kraton 6s out for a spin today and on a rather small jump, this happened:

You rubbed it just the right way when you poked your finger in there and release the Spectrum Genie!
aladdin GIF

aladdin GIF

Oof Sorry! :-(

Looks hot out there.

Sorry to hear that man. Burnt ESCs smell terrible too.

Same thing happened to me recently with a different ESC. Rock stuck in the drivetrain and ESC fried. I wonder if they just can’t take that level of stress.

Sorry to hear that man. Burnt ESCs smell terrible too.

Same thing happened to me recently with a different ESC. Rock stuck in the drivetrain and ESC fried. I wonder if they just can’t take that level of stress.
This sounds like kinda what happened to me, but I took the rock out and then turned it on. I suppose a chunk of the rock could have been lodged in the there still and I didnt notice but it smoked on the power sup sequence.

Took the my Kraton 6s out for a spin today and on a rather small jump, this happened:

Yeah been there. My V1 Noto. Had the receipt and used HH's 2 year warranty. They paid shipping both ways and returned it with more than $300. in replaced parts. Shipped back within 2 weeks. Mine was way worse than yours. Needed all the electrics, all the wires melted. The body was even melted and all. It smelled horible, even well packaged in the original box when I went to ship it, UPS asked what smells.:LOL:
All from the ESC. Thankfully I yanked the Lipo Real Fast, and saved the brand new $lipo$. :rolleyes: I quickly threw dirt all over it.
The Spektrum and older OG ESC's are known to do this without reason, for no fault, for no reason of the driver. Just bad cheap QC with RTR ESC's. I suspect running them in the Wet can cause this to happen more often than not. They are not WP despite what they claim.
I never run in the wet stuff anymore, for this and other reasons.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/notorious-6s-blx185-went-ablaze-on-fire.11675/

Last edited:
Haha that is awesome! ESC all burning lol.
Yeah been there. My V1 Noto. Had the receipt and used HH's 2 year warranty. They paid shipping both ways and returned it with more than $300. in replaced parts. Shipped back within 2 weeks. Mine was way worse than yours. Needed all the electrics, all the wires melted. The body was even melted and all. It smelled horible, even well packaged in the original box when I went to ship it, UPS asked what smells.:LOL:
All from the ESC. Thankfully I yanked the Lipo Real Fast, and saved the brand new $lipo$. :rolleyes: I quickly threw dirt all over it.
The Spektrum and older OG ESC's are known to do this without reason, for no fault, for no reason of the driver. Just bad cheap QC with RTR ESC's. I suspect running them in the Wet can cause this to happen more often than not. They are not WP despite what they claim.
I never run in the wet stuff anymore, for this and other reasons.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/notorious-6s-blx185-went-ablaze-on-fire.11675/
Dude the smell was crazy bad. I had to put that ESC in a bag and seal it up it was so bad.

It stunk my house out.
Wife was pissed. She literally thought the house was on fire for a moment screaming

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back