Kraton EXB, no stock to repair..!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The CEO of the company says "here is the fix" and points at the shims.

People that just bought the $500.00 toy that end up with a broken diff after a run or two, CANNOT GET those shims (at least not anytime soon).

They have every right to be angry. If Arrma knows the fix is the shims, they should increase production BEFORE telling everyone to go buy them.

You mean once Arrma discovered the issue and the fix they should increase production ASAP and get the parts needed to customers as fast as they can? Because the CEO says that is exactly what they are doing. I'm not sure if you watched the interview with Jason Deardon but I am certain it will take weeks for them to go from "we need a bunch of diff parts and shims for the EXB right away and we need to be 100% certain the quality is great so we don't cause more problems" to having abundant stock of shims, LSD plates, gears and diffs. Arrma had no way to know they would have a QA problem in that specific area and end up needing a lot of certain shims and parts. They may not be able to get more quickly let alone QA them, package them and air freight them to customers, hobby shops and online stores. This stuff takes time, especially post COVID. What none of us would want is to have them rush things to us that don't actually solve it or the new parts have quality issues and cause problems. They have to be certain they solve this issue properly and that takes weeks. I don't know what people expect them to do that they aren't already doing.

Would you prefer Deardon didn't acknowledge the issue? Would you prefer he didn't share what they think the fix is? Would you prefer that they ship you parts that might not be right and blow your diff up again? Would you prefer he didn't tell his customers what parts they could buy until they were able to have more manufactured, quality checked, packaged, shippend and in online and local stores? Seriously, what do you expect Arrma to do?

You mean once Arrma discovered the issue and the fix they should increase production ASAP and get the parts needed to customers as fast as they can? Because the CEO says that is exactly what they are doing. I'm not sure if you watched the interview with Jason Deardon but I am certain it will take weeks for them to go from "we need a bunch of diff parts and shims for the EXB right away and we need to be 100% certain the quality is great so we don't cause more problems" to having abundant stock of shims, LSD plates, gears and diffs. Arrma had no way to know they would have a QA problem in that specific area and end up needing a lot of certain shims and parts. They may not be able to get more quickly let alone QA them, package them and air freight them to customers, hobby shops and online stores. This stuff takes time, especially post COVID. What none of us would want is to have them rush things to us that don't actually solve it or the new parts have quality issues and cause problems. They have to be certain they solve this issue properly and that takes weeks. I don't know what people expect them to do that they aren't already doing.

Would you prefer Deardon didn't acknowledge the issue? Would you prefer he didn't share what they think the fix is? Would you prefer that they ship you parts that might not be right and blow your diff up again? Would you prefer he didn't tell his customers what parts they could buy until they were able to have more manufactured, quality checked, packaged, shippend and in online and local stores? Seriously, what do you expect Arrma to do?

"we are currently looking into a resolution for the issue, we will provide updates as the process is ongoing", then build up a stock of parts. if it takes a few weeks, it takes a few weeks. Then let people know the fix is available.

Or provide an alternative.....what size are the shims? Is there another source that isnt necessarily Arrma?

There are lots of ways to handle it. Telling someone to go out and buy something that they cant actually buy is just making people more angry.

"we are currently looking into a resolution for the issue, we will provide updates as the process is ongoing", then build up a stock of parts. if it takes a few weeks, it takes a few weeks. Then let people know the fix is available.

Or provide an alternative.....what size are the shims? Is there another source that isnt necessarily Arrma?

There are lots of ways to handle it. Telling someone to go out and buy something that they cant actually buy is just making people more angry.

doesn't make me angry. Its just how it is. adapt. Its a hobby, not an essential. I pay close to 50% more than what is listed, i am not entitled, i just work around it

I think it's great that he is so transparent and shares what the fix might be and different ways to solve it. The alternative would make the same people just as angry. I think it is far better that he is sharing before they are 100% certain or that they have stock so that the creative and resourceful people in this community can use that information to find ways to solve the problem. Let's be clear - he didn't tell them to go buy something they couldn't buy. The shims exist. Some people were able to get them. Others were able to find equivalent shims from other sources. All because he did share two solutions even though he didn't have abundant parts ready.

Putting the solution out there so that those that can find the parts are able to do so and fix it is the best solution. I'm sorry that some people weren't able to get them and that there aren't enough stock of shims so that everyone can get them, but that's life. You are saying you would rather that NOBODY got shims to fix it until everyone can? If you can't get the shims then noone should get them? I don't think that makes any sense and I think more people would be even more upset, and jusifiably so, if Arrma did what you suggest. I am very impressed with how Jason and Arrma have dealt with this situation. I see no better rational alternative.

You can buy the plates ?how Many do you want??

And again that car runs fine with those plates? I have no problems because I listened to the solution and immediately ordered ?it'd not that hard.

and you know your bashing not as hard as rich superbash or rc dude81.
And I don't hear them whining or complaining about anything ?
And everyone has to much power in there car ?but nobody takes that into account.

By the way, did you complain the last time when the v4 kraton came out ?
how long did it take everyone to figure out where to use a shim to make it bulletproof ??
Not every car that rolles out the factory is the same?

it's a hobby ? and enjoy it. You probably wrench more than you drive ? so enjoy it?
otherwise you have to collect stamps ? then you have something to lick.

but now stop whining that your car is broken ? and you probably did it yourself ? really done with those whiners.
and are each time the same guests who have nothing to do and respond to every message that is posted.

That stinks Brian. Is there any cross reference to another brand of shim that may work? I don’t have one of these yet but am excited for you guys that do. The dif is very a unfortunate problem as it is so different than any spare Arrma 6s dif you might have around.

Here’s a link to an industrial supplier which has shim washers. Not exact but maybe the 6x12x.2mm would work. I know your in the UK but I’m sure there’s a similar type industrial supply place over there.
https://www.mcmaster.com/metric-shim-washers/ring-shims-7/
Yes but they don't specify the shipping cost!!
I have the electronics i have the remote an servo ready the exb i just need to pick it up but no shims i also have a rear hot racing bulkhead coming

Last edited:
Yes but they don't specify the shipping cost!!
there is nothing cheap about this hobby ? or have you not found out yet?
so if I were you I would sell everything quickly ? you are rid of the nagging and misery.

If you don't understand that everything takes longer due to corona and have some patience.

because it's me me me me and the rest can suffocate mentality. ? thought the intention was to solve problems for each other ? but I'm dealing here with a bunch of whiners who have nothing else to do and complain about a car.

because then someone gives you a solution because you sinfully have to use shims and then you start nagging about shipping costs. ?
what do you want???? Are you ok in your mind??

Please all stop whining you bunch of toddlers that you are not getting their way and then start crying ?

I spent 500 euros on a car and now i have to tinker with it because it's not good ?

bunch of losers
are you going to use those shims in your exb ???

because then I wish you a lot of success and wonder what will happen and whether you can get them in ?

there is nothing cheap about this hobby ? or have you not found out yet?
so if I were you I would sell everything quickly ? you are rid of the nagging and misery.

If you don't understand that everything takes longer due to corona and have some patience.

because it's me me me me and the rest can suffocate mentality. ? thought the intention was to solve problems for each other ? but I'm dealing here with a bunch of whiners who have nothing else to do and complain about a car.

because then someone gives you a solution because you sinfully have to use shims and then you start nagging about shipping costs. ?
what do you want???? Are you ok in your mind??

Please all stop whining you bunch of toddlers that you are not getting their way and then start crying ?

I spent 500 euros on a car and now i have to tinker with it because it's not good ?

bunch of losers

are you going to use those shims in your exb ???

because then I wish you a lot of success and wonder what will happen and whether you can get them in ?
No, these are for my V4 6S...I'm sure there has yo be alternatives that will work, all you need is something with the right diameter, surface area and thickness...
Those Mugen will work in a V4 diff, but not the EXB. The EXB output cups are 6mm
Exactly...there has to be alternatives for the EXB right?

Last edited:
BOOM! Leave it to Jon! Let me see if I can find it on Amazon then OP's problems are solved ;)

EDIT: can't find exact lrt but I bet if you search Amazon (or Google it) you'd find shims/washers that fit or are extremely close ;)
I blame @MrTitanium for the info. ??

Looks pretty self explanatory.

Screenshot_20200815_073818.jpg

I'd look at online RC stores. Could be easier to find than on Amazon.

Looks pretty self explanatory.

View attachment 94497

I'd look at online RC stores. Could be easier to find than on Amazon.
Im about to order some lipos and the 6x8x0.25mm shim from amazon its from a canadien manufacturer named precision brand
Ah crap the outer diameter is smaller 8mm vs 11.9mm the smallest shim

You can buy the mugan ?
why make it so difficult when the answer has already been given?

you can probably buy them somewhere ? because here in the Netherlands they are simply available ..
and snders they are a bit more expensive ? otherwise you have to wait until September ?
you have the choice and don't complain further.

You can buy the mugan ?
why make it so difficult when the answer has already been given?

you can probably buy them somewhere ? because here in the Netherlands they are simply available ..
and snders they are a bit more expensive ? otherwise you have to wait until September ?
you have the choice and don't complain further.
Order from china
Will take a year to arrive
Told my hobbyshop going to wait for what they say

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back