Finally finished my Kraton "Race Spec" build!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primarrma

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
I thought I'd try a few techniques on this body, it came out ok, parts of it I really love, it's fun anyway and will stand out at least...

PS thanks @WoodiE for the stickers!!!

20190707_120713-01.jpeg
20190707_120624-01.jpeg
20190707_120654-01.jpeg
20190707_120841-01.jpeg
20190707_120854-01.jpeg
20190707_120733-01.jpeg
20190707_120812-01.jpeg
20190707_121115-01.jpeg
20190707_120943-01.jpeg
20190707_121017-01.jpeg

Lookin sweet!

Why didnt you paint the wing? Cause of the damage when you roll it?

Im thinking painting my wing.. Orange on the outside.. Blue on the inside.. When either side gets damage.. The other color paint will shine though..
Kinda like what Arrma did with the Noto bodies

I thought I'd try a few techniques on this body, it came out ok, parts of it I really love, it's fun anyway and will stand out at least...

PS thanks @WoodiE for the stickers!!!

View attachment 42502View attachment 42503View attachment 42504View attachment 42505View attachment 42506View attachment 42507View attachment 42508View attachment 42509View attachment 42510View attachment 42511

I think you did a fantastic job! Nice fades and colors look fresh and tight. Decals all work well. Nice work, friend!
Edit: nice textures and looks like you used drywall tape sparingly for smart effect.

Great job.

Lookin sweet!

Im thinking painting my wing.. Orange on the outside.. Blue on the inside.. When either side gets damage.. The other color paint will shine though..

You can always get a white wing and dye it with RIT dye. It will penetrate the plastic and not scratch off. There's lots of youtube videos on how to dye rc parts. ;)

Damn man. Makes me feel like it’s 2000 and im racing T3 trucks running an ultra powerful nickel cadmium battery. That Kraton looks a lot like an ST with those tires!

Nice job, like the attention to detail!

Lookin sweet!

Kinda like what Arrma did with the Noto bodies
I just like the look of the smoke wing, I could paint it, but I might leave it.
I think you did a fantastic job! Nice fades and colors look fresh and tight. Decals all work well. Nice work, friend!
Edit: nice textures and looks like you used drywall tape sparingly for smart effect.
I really wish I hadn't tried to had the black in the front, it bothers me now as it detracts from the simplicity of the design. It was something I was trying and it didn't really work out, it's not terrible in real life, but it would have been better plain I think or a subtle fade. Thanks for your kind comments buddy.
Damn man. Makes me feel like it’s 2000 and im racing T3 trucks running an ultra powerful nickel cadmium battery. That Kraton looks a lot like an ST with those tires!
I don't know if this is a dig or not? It's a track build for racing so it was meant to look like a truggy class vehicle.
Nice job, like the attention to detail!
Thank you very much mate.

Last edited:
Nice work. I'll have to send you my bodies from now on to paint (y);)
Thanks Bro, it is much more vibrant in person, I couldn't capture the the fluorescent orange in the photo's for some reason? I don't like what I did with the black at the front, I think it's a little disappointing.

This is the supposed to be fluorescent orange...
20190707_114715-01.jpeg

Thanks Bro, it is much more vibrant in person, I couldn't capture the the fluorescent orange in the photo's for some reason? I don't like what I did with the black at the front, I think it's a little disappointing.

This is the supposed to be fluorescent orange...View attachment 42525
The truck looks amazing @Primarrma! The black actually gives it a bit of a menacing and aggressive touch, and also gives the sense that it's been racing around already. Not a racer myself, but can't wait to see what type of results you get with this superb build.?????

Turned out really nice, looks fast just setting on the grass. Looking forward to how you do with it. What’s your final weight?

This is the supposed to be fluorescent orange...View attachment 42525
I understand where you're coming from with the black but honestly didnt pay much notice until you mentioned it. It doesn't take away from the full work. You chose great colors otherwise and they blend well. The brighter, organic color choices are why I mentioned it to be "fresh."

The truck looks amazing @Primarrma! The black actually gives it a bit of a menacing and aggressive touch, and also gives the sense that it's been racing around already. Not a racer myself, but can't wait to see what type of results you get with this superb build.?????
Thanks man that is really kind of you, it was a fun build, hopefully I get to drive it next week, it's been too wet to race for a few weeks now.
Turned out really nice, looks fast just setting on the grass. Looking forward to how you do with it. What’s your final weight?
Thanks mate! The weight is 4.8kg 10.5pounds with a 5000mah 4s pack on board, I'm happy with that.

It won't be entered in anything serious, but I just wanted to see how it would get on if dialed in for the track. I just want to beat some of the kit car guys.

I don't know if this is a dig or not? It's a track build for racing so it was meant to look like a truggy class vehicle.
No no no no. Not a dig, I was saying that you nailed the styling on the head, so much so that it reminded me of when I used to race in the year 2000 against associated T3 trucks. I should clarify my references nowdays.. my bad.

I understand where you're coming from with the black but honestly didnt pay much notice until you mentioned it. It doesn't take away from the full work. You chose great colors otherwise and they blend well. The brighter, organic color choices are why I mentioned it to be "fresh."
I ruined the front end, but my wife says it looks good, so maybe others will like it too. The orange is really nice in person, it's a bright happy looking car. I just hope it runs as well as it looks. I'm a New York Knicks fan so the colours are good, I wanted purple, but the shop had run out so I got the blue instead. Thanks for always having positive things to say I really appreciate it mate.
No no no no. Not a dig, I was saying that you nailed the styling on the head, so much so that it reminded me of when I used to race in the year 2000 against associated T3 trucks. I should clarify my references nowdays.. my bad.
Oh ok thanks for clearing it up, I thought you were saying the design was outdated and I should have picked something more modern, Haha. Thank you for the kind comments.

Last edited:

Looks very nice. As mentioned I feel the colors are well executed and fresh / organic. The decals also fit well and make sense.
I like the wing as it is now and don't feel it's necessary to paint but it's a wing and inexpensive to fit a painted one in time when you get some run time and rough up the one you're running now.
Not sure how it works on the track but my wings all take the majority of my damage because I often land on it and scrape em up from road wheelies. In fact, I don't break arms at all (knock on wood) but do break wing mounts enough to buy multiples at a time. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back