Infraction Finally made it!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so we went back out today and got some more impressive speed!
I took the advice of @Sloclone100 of maybe moving my GPS to prevent it from being damaged in the event of a crash. So thank you for that.
@jondilly1974 also added to that advice with the suggestion of putting a zip tie over the gps as well. So I printed out a sleeve that snuggly slides over top and it worked beautifully.
To further my knowledge even more @LibertyMKiii suggested some grp’s and I did that as well. Now as far as those go, when I balanced them they were absolutely terrible. Those things are sooo untrue it just blew my mind. But I got them balanced and run them a few times. My top speed on those was 104mph. Now I was impressed with them but I just had to try out the hoons.
So I threw on my hoons and ran her one more time! Low and behold I hit 108mph!!! Holy smokes I was excited about that. After all my goal is 110. Keep in mind that in between runs I put a separate 3s battery on the fans to cool her down for a bit.
Now onto the data logs. Since I’m still learning about all of this, maybe some of you can chime in and tell me your thoughts.
53EDE526-A75C-4692-B515-665C28F85C2C.png
This was the logs from the 104mph pass on the grps
82ED04FC-1202-4728-B9BF-9C13461D2AA4.png

This chart is from the Hoons pass @ 108mph.

Setup was Castle 1717-1650kv motor
MMX8S Esc
8s Ripple Killer
27t pinion and 34t spur
Two 4s 6000 mah 100c ZEEE lipos

CF81F966-7532-4602-889D-76A9DC0786AC.jpeg

3F0E529E-653E-46E5-88CA-F4E66623E285.jpeg

EA78A6B3-6559-46E6-B813-C6EF89E0C4F5.jpeg

Last edited:
@Flames77 Nicely done, you can teach a bad photographer new tricks! 😜
@Doom! thanks man!! 😂🤣😂🤣 I may not be able to take good photos, but I do listen to all the awesome advice you guys have to offer! Now if you will excuse me. My Polaroid and I have something to do! 📸 📷 🤣🤣🤣

Based on the data logs looks like you need more space. You should be on full throttle for a good 3-5secs or longer.
@ONESLOWMOJAVE Well I’m being a little conservative with the space I have because I’m flirting with going out of range. I have a Turbowing signal booster ordered so hopefully that will allow me more room. But man I almost need binoculars now! 🤣😂🤣😂
Other then that, how did the rest of my numbers look? Was the ripple too high?? And thank you for your feedback.

I’m pretty new to this, so I can’t offer too much of anything.

Your batteries could be a huge limiting factor. Zee are great for cheap bashing batteries. But voltage is king in and you need something that can hold up when you’re pulling amps.

G+plus 70c CHNLs seem to be a great, inexpensive option. I would search the FB speedrun groups cuz I’ve seen a 15% off coupon there.

I hear ya! I’m just getting started again in the speed run thing myself. I haven’t noticed any deficiency in these batteries. I know their not top notch. But they seem to pull pretty good. There again I’m trying to learn these data logs too. So I’m not totally sure what to look for.

I took the advice of @Sloclone100 of maybe moving my GPS to prevent it from being damaged in the event of a crash. So thank you for that.
@jondilly1974 also added to that advice with the suggestion of putting a zip tie over the gps as well. So I printed out a sleeve that snuggly slides over top and it worked beautifully.
To further my knowledge even more @LibertyMKiii suggested some grp’s and I did that as well. Now as far as those go, when I balanced them they were absolutely terrible. Those things are sooo untrue it just blew my mind. But I got them balanced and run them a few times. My top speed on those was 104mph. Now I was impressed with them but I just had to try out the hoons.
So I threw on my hoons and ran her one more time! Low and behold I hit 108mph!!! Holy smokes I was excited about that. After all my goal is 110. Keep in mind that in between runs I put a separate 3s battery on the fans to cool her down for a bit.
Now onto the data logs. Since I’m still learning about all of this, maybe some of you can chime in and tell me your thoughts. View attachment 163658This was the logs from the 104mph pass on the grpsView attachment 163659
This chart is from the Hoons pass @ 108mph.

Setup was Castle 1717-1650kv motor
MMX8S Esc
8s Ripple Killer
27t pinion and 34t spur
Two 4s 6000 mah 100c ZEEE lipos

View attachment 163661

View attachment 163662

View attachment 163683
Ripple is somewhat high and you didn’t get to full throttle on either pull. Maxed out at 87%

Ripple is somewhat high and you didn’t get to full throttle on either pull. Maxed out at 87%
@jondilly1974 so is the high ripple a batteries issue? And on the 87% throttle, that’s because I’m not getting a full squeeze correct??

@jondilly1974 so is the high ripple a batteries issue? And on the 87% throttle, that’s because I’m not getting a full squeeze correct??
Ripple could be lipos or just that you need a cap pack to filter out the ripple.

As far as not being 100% power out, it’s either you didn’t get a full pull or you may need to calibrate your ESC.

Ripple could be lipos or just that you need a cap pack to filter out the ripple.

As far as not being 100% power out, it’s either you didn’t get a full pull or you may need to calibrate your ESC.
I have a ripple killer cap pack. So I guess it is the lipos. 😏
As far as the not being full power, I feel it’s because I’m not getting the full pull.

Now onto the data logs. Since I’m still learning about all of this, maybe some of you can chime in and tell me your thoughts.

One of the 3 most valuable data points is the power out % as Jon mentioned. I would change nothing and get back out there after doing the throttle calibration to the ESC and see what the real numbers are for this current gearing/setup.

(the other 2 being voltage drop and amperage)

After that you would re-evaluate where things are running at 100% and make gearing changes.

If the car continues to pull less than 200a (which I am certain it will still be in that neighborhood, then you gear up for higher speeds)
If you have the RK in there and still getting lots of ripple I agree it is likely the batteries.

About the Hoons vs GRP. Hoons have a few mm taller diameter so they will net a higher speed. With that said most have found the GRPs grip better and blow out less net result is less crashes. Most of us also sand the tire to rim bead and then apply some BSI ic2000 rubberized ca glue.

Great work so far keep it up!

Are you guys sure the low power out % isn't just because the peak is off the graph? Admittedly even if it does get to 100% it's way too short lived but still.

Are you guys sure the low power out % isn't just because the peak is off the graph? Admittedly even if it does get to 100% it's way too short lived but still.
That can happen, but looking at the graph I don't see any of the lines getting too close to the top.

haha that's what I get for browsing on mobile. I was sure it was going off the graph but that is just my screen size not letting me see the top of the graph and the legend info at the same time.

One of the 3 most valuable data points is the power out % as Jon mentioned. I would change nothing and get back out there after doing the throttle calibration to the ESC and see what the real numbers are for this current gearing/setup.

(the other 2 being voltage drop and amperage)

After that you would re-evaluate where things are running at 100% and make gearing changes.

If the car continues to pull less than 200a (which I am certain it will still be in that neighborhood, then you gear up for higher speeds)
If you have the RK in there and still getting lots of ripple I agree it is likely the batteries.

About the Hoons vs GRP. Hoons have a few mm taller diameter so they will net a higher speed. With that said most have found the GRPs grip better and blow out less net result is less crashes. Most of us also sand the tire to rim bead and then apply some BSI ic2000 rubberized ca glue.

Great work so far keep it up!
This place is incredible. Such a great group and soooo many informative people. That you guys for making this enjoyable!

Looks great, but If you got to full throttle for at least a second, then you need to recalibrate transmitter to ESC as it only shows 84% power out as others have mentioned. Your setup should get you over 120mph easy, running on 8s. I would also suggest running on GRP's instead of hoons as said. Keep it up, you'll blow through 110 sooner than you think and be on the way to 120mph

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back