Finally, some snow!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah as the saying goes, better you than I.
Snow ain't my thing.
I tried skiing and all. Never grabbed me. The cold and wet stuff. I rather water ski myself. Which I did much of in my youth. A Slalom skier and all.

Yeah as the saying goes, better you than I.
Snow ain't my thing.
I tried skiing and all. Never grabbed me. The cold and wet stuff. I rather water ski myself. Which I did much of in my youth. A Slalom skier and all.
I tried water skiing once when I was about 10 behind my uncles boat with my whole family and cousins aboard. 9 people on board, one skier. He had an I/O and my trainer skis were touching the bottom. I yelled that to him and he said I’ll be fine once I get up. He hit the throttle and he too was bottoming out so I was swallowing black muck water while he was trying to get on plane. I let go of my handle which got stuck in the training skis cause they’re tied together in the middle for those who didn’t waterski in the 90s. So needless to say I never got out of the water, he never got on plane, no water skiing occurred that day.

That was the first and last time I water skied.

I worked at a resort my Friend's family owned in Lake George NY. In my teens in the summer months. I had a nice Obrien Ski. The hotel had 3 boats. One just for water skiing. I used to teach guests how to ski. My girlie I met up there was a Comp. skiier from Cypress Gardens in FL. They traveled up to Lake George in the summer months. I learned much from her. Her Dad had a boat just for Skiing. Dam fast, the wake was just right. Cut and jump, Rooster tails etc. Two handle rope line etc.
I could tell you some stories.... skiing back during an incoming storm. I let go/ lost it in the white caps, and almost got hit by a huge Party boat. My buds kept going, didn't spot me fall for several minutes. I was yelling for minutes waving my Flourescent Green Ski at dusk. Not allowed to ski after dusk on L.G. I saw why. The party boat captain was blowing the horn. I was afraid of getting caught in its huge Prop. I could feel the Prop current sucking me closer as it passed me..:cry:

Last edited:
I worked at a resort my Friends family owned in Lake George NY. In my teens in the summer months. I had a nice Obrien Ski. The hotel had 3 boats. One just for water skiing. I used to teach guests how to ski. My girlie I met up there was a Comp. skiier from Cypress Gardens in FL. They traveled up to Lake George in the summer months. I learned much from her. Her Dad had a boat just for Skiing. Dam fast, the wake was just right. Cut and jump, Rooster tails etc. Two handle rope line etc.
I could tell you some stories.... skiing back during an incoming storm. I let go/ lost it in the white caps, and almost got hit by a huge Party boat. My buds kept going, didn't spot me fall for several minutes. I was yelling for minutes waving my Flourescent Green Ski at dusk. Not allowed to ski after dusk on L.G. I saw why. The party boat captain was blowing the horn. I was afraid of getting caught in its huge Prop. I could feel the Prop current sucking me closer as it passed me..:cry:
Yeah, Lake George gets pretty choppy, gotta either stay in one of the bays or get out bright and early to ski that lake. Too busy for my liking up there. My boss has a nice place on the water there, right near the villiage. Crazy money for anything on southern end of Lake George.
My dad had a place on Lake Champlain. Never been..heard it was nice, he's deceased now. 🤷‍♂️

It was in Diamond Point on 9N , The Thunderbird Motel, Recently name was changed. But still my friend who owns it now. We would go to nice bays up north a bit in Bolton landing to ski on "Glass". Awesome skiing there.

My friends dad bought the Thunderbird hotel in like 1972 for a mere 3.4 million. waterfront. covered Docks and all, maybe 4 acres big. It was a running business from the old owners. Now its worth like 20 times that. or more. Need big coin to buy there. Even to just vacation there. I dated the LG Town Treasurers daughter. The McCoy family. Well known up there. We would water ski together, how I met her. Her father was a violent drunk. He hated me. Chased me out of his daughters bedroom. :LOL: He killed himself because he was caught with his hands in the cookie Jar..

Last edited:
My friends dad bought the Thunderbird hotel in like 1972 for a mere 3.4 million. waterfront. covered Docks and all, maybe 4 acres big. It was a running business from the old owners. Now its worth like 20 times that. or more. Need big coin to buy there. Even to just vacation there. I dated the LG Town Treasurers daughter. The McCoy family. Well known up there. We would water ski together, how I met her. Her father was a violent drunk. He hated me. Chased me out of his daughters bedroom. :LOL: He killed himself because he was caught with his hands in the cookie Jar..
Yep, LG is really priced out of my league TBH. My boss gets $7k a week during primetime for his place. Once you go north of the narrows it's a whole different lake.. serene.
I never tried anything to do with skies. But I did manage to fall through the ice 3 times. :cool:. The last time scared me.:ROFLMAO:.
Yeah, trapped under ice has got to be one of the worst ways to go, I used to ride ATV's and snowmobiles on a local river. There'd be huge blocks of ice from breakups during the winter. Thinking back on it, WTF was I thinking? I'll never venture out on ice over flowing water again unless I have to for survival or something. LOL ..or stuck in a cave..we used to go to some caves in my area when we were young and smart. Had to squeeze through a 30" hole straight down into the ground, opened up to a large cavern under ground, we used to party in there with beer balls!? I was never comfortable with it TBH. Peer pressure I guess..😕There were caves you could follow, sometimes having to crawl in flowing cold water.. gives me the sweats thinking about it still, LOL. Ah..the good ole days..😜

Last edited:
Would go on the lake often. No so much anymore. But when I do I use this.
20200715_072517_resized.jpg

When I plow I use the Grizz. If its too much I have the plow guy. :ROFLMAO:
20240109_093533_resized.jpg
20240109_093516_resized.jpg

Would go on the lake often. No so much anymore. But when I do I use this.View attachment 341648
Nice machine! I still go out on the lakes, no more on the rivers though. I live right next to a small lake. They have ice racing out there weather permitting. Last year was a bust, this year not looking good either. Never got into ice fishing, well, not without ample amounts of mind or sensory altering stimulents. LOL.

My buddy has a shanty, on skis. Nice small Franklyn wood stove. We drink beer and eat venison. Once in a while we check the flags. :ROFLMAO: 💥

We might be there in feb. Who knows? :cool: . Usually there is a fishin derby once or twice in the season. Or a keg party. We tend to stay away from all the fun. Flat landers can have all the fun they want. Long as they don't get drunk and bang on our door. 💥 .:ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:
We might be there in feb. Who knows? :cool: . Usually there is a fishin derby once or twice in the season. Or a keg party. We tend to stay away from all the fun. Flat landers can have all the fun they want. Long as they don't get drunk and bang on our door. 💥 .:ROFLMAO:.
Yep, leave me be, citidiots!!🤣🤣
I'm not far enough away from them, they roll out on the lake with their coal rollin trucks on mall terrain tires and it's time for me to go..LOL.

Yeah Flat landers can do what they want. After all they have all the $. But I will not not be a Maine guide for them. Done it before, never again. 😁

Last edited:
Come here and see what cities get when citiots get here .
Id love to brother.. job and family are here though.. I'm "rooted" LOL. There are plenty of more rural options here in NY though. Another half hours drive would put me in real woodchuck territory where I belong!!🤣🤣🍻
Daughter just moved out to central NY about a year ago..bout 40 minutes north of Utica. Talk about no man's land! Wow! No cable, cell signal..perfect!!👌

I never tried anything to do with skies. But I did manage to fall through the ice 3 times. :cool:. The last time scared me.:ROFLMAO:.
I always had a fear of that. It's why I never skated on an ice pond or lake before. I let my friends do that up in the Poconos, Same with snowmobiling. Never over ice ponds. Yet they all did that.:rolleyes:

Kinda sucks because you're all dress warm. So when you go in your all weighted down. When you make it out you need to get to a warm shelter quickly. :cool: We use the good ol fashion buddy system. I never ever venture out on the ice alone.:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back