Flimsy foam on crashed plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Show some pics..
Straight on shots, of side , top ,bottom.

Perhaps some 3D printed bits can help get it back to alignment better/stronger... than to try and eyeballing it.

Last edited:
Check youtube, this flimsy foam is actually awesome.
Hot water for dents, foam-safe CA with toothpicks will do wonders.
Hotglue works as well.

Horizon has no way of telling if the servo burnt out prior or as part of a crash. I believe you, but guaranteed every crash would be replaced for something people would claim, and that would double the prices.

Got any vids of you flying? Those are fuggin awesome! You have the 90mm?
got the 70mm was going to record it but no im stupid

the servo that was faulty was the steering servo and I know It wasn't broken before takeoff because I taxied it

will get some photos of it that I have

@BashTillBroken don't doubt at all that it broke during flight. Just impossible to prove, hence the declined warranty.
Had this happen on a small UMX with a stuck aileron. Luckily, those are lightweight, and I wasn't going fast. Just frustration and some hot water to get the foam back in shape, plus a new servo.

Here are the photos i have of it
E89C5A0C-7B5C-41B0-B983-65716E1D3CCB.jpeg
A2ACAEB9-B9A7-4E75-A99A-B60EA74D785A.jpeg

Most Horizon foam used to be ok with CA glue, but now that FMS makes a bunch of their products, it's iffy. I tend to stick with Epoxy, takes linger to dry but holds better. Lotta work to fix that nose. It's possible, but it might need a new fuselage.

I've made new noses and stuff out of pink insulation foam, glue sections together carve to rough shape, sand to finished shape, then paint. it works pretty well. Also for on big sections I have used bamboo shish ka bob skewers instead of toothpicks.

I only have one foamy from HH, the Turbo Timber and the servos are just.....bad. It seems stupid that you would have to replace all of them the day you buy it but damn they don't center at all, 6 servos in it and not one will hold center. Some of them the hysteresis ends up being almost 1/4 inch of deflection at the surface. I ended up replacing all of them with some I picked up on Amazon that weren't any more expensive than buying straight replacements from HH. At a minimum I'd replace the suspect servo if you like the plane.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back