fly sky gt3b radio.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
Found one local for $20usd local. Since it looks to be in like new condition I am thinking of picking it up. Not looking for an expensive radio just a cheap and little more responsive then stock radio to bash with. Anyone have this model? From what i understand it takes 8 batteries. Thanks.

Yeah, 8 battery radios are considered obsolete. IMHO. You don't see any newer radios using 8. That's from like 8-10 years ago 2.4 ghz and even older AM/FM frequency radios of vintage era's long gone. And you needed 8 AA's with older technology. They were power hogs. I remember needing 8 AA's every 3-4 runs. Range took a hit and then, you were searching for AA's floating around, usually at $1.00 a pop on average depending how you buy them.
The newer contemporary 2.4 ghz radios are more efficient and use only (4) AA's. (6volts) Electronics have evolved substantially with radios as of late. AA's can add up $fast$. :cool:

Yeah, 8 battery radios are considered obsolete. IMHO. You don't see any newer radios using 8. That's from like 8-10 years ago 2.4 ghz and even older AM/FM frequency radios of vintage era's long gone. And you needed 8 AA's with older technology. They were power hogs. I remember needing 8 AA's every 3-4 runs. Range took a hit and then, you were searching for AA's floating around, usually at $1.00 a pop on average depending how you buy them.
The newer contemporary 2.4 ghz radios are more efficient and use only (4) AA's. (6volts) Electronics have evolved substantially with radios as of late. AA's can add up $fast$. :cool:
Thanks man? I'll put the money elsewhere. Sounds like it's notworth it

Thanks man? I'll put the money elsewhere.
There are so many inexpensive good radio options out there. Try to get the latest ones. It will tend to future proof your investment down the road.

I have two GT3-b radios. They are quite good, and have lots of features for adjusting your car. One of the best features is the ABS braking. Prevents your vehicle from flipping forward under full braking like so many stock radios will allow. The backlit LCD screen is huge and really nice. Receivers are dirt cheap too. My radios do not eat AA's as fast as SrC radio did. They last a fair good time. I use my radios in fast electric boats also. The range is very good. But they only have memory for 10 vehicles. Hence the reason I have two of them.

I have two GT3-b radios. They are quite good, and have lots of features for adjusting your car. One of the best features is the ABS braking. Prevents your vehicle from flipping forward under full braking like so many stock radios will allow. The backlit LCD screen is huge and really nice. Receivers are dirt cheap too. My radios do not eat AA's as fast as SrC radio did. They last a fair good time. I use my radios in fast electric boats also. The range is very good. But they only have memory for 10 vehicles. Hence the reason I have two of them.
How many outtings do your batts last in the radio?

I use the RadioLink rc7gs. Relatively cheap and somehow related to FlySky. There is a group of these same transmitters under different names. The battery tray took 6 AAs but I use a Gens 2400MAH 2s Lipo in it. 23 menu options and over 50 individual adjustment options. Gyro sucks donkey balls but has features like steering speed, steering to vehicle speed curve(slows steer speed at high speed to prevent cartwheels), acceleration speed limiter(max speed with popping wheelies) steering return speed, abs(handy on pavement) and a whole bunch of others im still clueless about. And 7 channels with switches on transmitter for nifty bling. I would haphazard a guess that these take more batteries than conventional transmitters because they draw more power for the options. And range is further than you can reasonably see at 600m.
Best part is the real time telemetry that shows Lipo Battery in car's voltage. There are promised upgrades(via USB port and computer) to add other key telemetry options. For $120 CAD
20201104_221309.jpg

I still have 5 AM radios from nitro days, 8 batteries were a drag, didn't last long before I went to rechargeables, that was almost 20 years ago, never went back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back