Front end Friday - show us what you got!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fast & Furious, Skyline

1657314633369.png

Got the side mirrors on I see, when do we get to see it action w/ those lights!?!?😁⏳
Soon I hope. Front light buckets are installed too. I just need to plug the Y-harnesses into the Rx, drill holes for the side view blinker lights, put in the LEDs and affix the wires, shave a little bit off the front light buckets to make sure they clear the tires & re-crimp a couple of LEDs in parallel.

The only part I'm apprehensive about is the Y-harnesses because I don't want to open my electronics box. It looks like the inside of the chamber in Raiders of the Lost Ark with all the snakes. That thing is stuffed to the gills and it's a right PITA whenever I need to make changes in there. It's more like a laparoscopic operation where you're trying to change spark plugs under a mountain of extension cords.

Soon I hope. Front light buckets are installed too. I just need to plug the Y-harnesses into the Rx, drill holes for the side view blinker lights, put in the LEDs and affix the wires, shave a little bit off the front light buckets to make sure they clear the tires & re-crimp a couple of LEDs in parallel.

The only part I'm apprehensive about is the Y-harnesses because I don't want to open my electronics box. It looks like the inside of the chamber in Raiders of the Lost Ark with all the snakes. That thing is stuffed to the gills and it's a right PITA whenever I need to make changes in there. It's more like a laparoscopic operation where you're trying to change spark plugs under a mountain of extension cords.
You gonna run THAT body?!?

You gonna run THAT body?!?
HELL YEAH I'm gonna run that body!! I already have. In the dark, without lights, lol. She tops out at 55mph on a single 4S. This is my new track racing body. I'm going for a certain scale appearance without "going full retard".

HELL YEAH I'm gonna run that body!! I already have. In the dark, without lights, lol. She tops out at 55mph on a single 4S. This is my new track racing body. I'm going for a certain scale appearance without "going full retard".
Brave man...:eek::LOL:

Brave man...:eek::LOL:
I see these as objects that are to be used. If they get destroyed, is it regrettable? Sure. Each body costs $100 not counting materials and time to finish them. But at the end of the day, it's cheaper than running without and risking really bunging up actual components (sure, that can happen anyways but the body does provide a reasonable amount of protection). I can't just buy a bunch of bodies and hang them on the wall to look at and I can't bring myself to just paint them one color and be done with it (not yet anyways). I'm keeping the Lamborghini as a shelf queen. The rest will, invariably, get trashed over time. I try not to but...it's unavoidable if you want to find the limits of your car and your driving.

I see these as objects that are to be used. If they get destroyed, is it regrettable? Sure. Each body costs $100 not counting materials and time to finish them. But at the end of the day, it's cheaper than running without and risking really bunging up actual components (sure, that can happen anyways but the body does provide a reasonable amount of protection). I can't just buy a bunch of bodies and hang them on the wall to look at and I can't bring myself to just paint them one color and be done with it (not yet anyways). I'm keeping the Lamborghini as a shelf queen. The rest will, invariably, get trashed over time. I try not to but...it's unavoidable if you want to find the limits of your car and your driving.
I'm just a chicken sh!t when it comes to ruining a beautiful body. 😜 :oops:

I'm just a chicken sh!t when it comes to ruining a beautiful body. 😜 :oops:
I'm careful at first too. But once you have the first wreck and "damn it..." behind you, you begin seeing the silver lining of not having to worry about the body anymore :LOL: I was so happy with my Seven65, but once I did my first tripple backflip...it became easier whenever I crashed.

I'm careful at first too. But once you have the first wreck and "damn it..." behind you, you begin seeing the silver lining of not having to worry about the body anymore :LOL:
When my Tacoma got it's 1st scratch it was on. LOCK THE HUBS! :LOL:
I guess it;s like that with my RC's too.:ROFLMAO:

Back