Kraton Get a 4S powered Kraton EXB or a 6S Typhon? 600€ Budget

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
So Iv'e been making some moves irl and im tired of my Raider. Now I have about 600€ or so and I want to buy either a Kraton EXB or a Typhon 6s.​
They're about the same Price, I woudn't get the Typhon 6s without a Radical RC bashbar/skidplate (actually I'd build my own but don't tell them that) because its just to fragile without it, other than I would leave the Typhon bone stock. I'd also probably buy a used V3 or something since with the skidplate, it should be more durable than a stock V5. I'm not looking for something super durable, a few broken a-arms, bent shock towers, or broken bulkheads is something I don't really mind, but bending a chassis, that's gonna cost hundrets to properly replace (New M2C Chassis+Braces) is something I don't want to deal with. When it comes to durability, the EXB is the better car, and its more than tough enough even stock, but I plan to Power it using the 4S BLX Combo from the Kraton 4s, will this be fast enough? Iv'e managed to take my 4s to 100Km/H+ (60+mph) but it's about a kilo lighter compared to the EXB and doesn't have a center diff. I can't find any Videos of the EXB with the 4s BLX System, so im wondering if it will reach at least 90 Km/H? What I'm most worried about however is the rear diff in the EXB, I've seen a Video where someone runs it and after 10 Minutes on 6s the rear diff died and I don't really feel like fully tearing down my diff to add some spacers before I even run it and can the diff really be fixed with just some shims? So overall, is the EXB worth the extra efford for the durability, even on 4s? Or is the 6s Typhon strong enough with a skidplate and I should settle for that? Or should I get something comepletly diffrent, if im looking for Topspeed, Handling and decent durability?​

Last edited:
First off, the Typhon would be more durable and fun than the EXB, especially with the 4S setup plan. I don't think the 4S setup would last long in the EXB. The larger and heavier tires take more power to move. The Typhon is much better suited. I would assume you wouldn’t take the 6S electronics out of a V5 Typhon tho, but I can confirm that it runs really well on 4S (I have a V4) as long as you use the speed pinion (20T) and add motor fans. My EXB is running the K8S motor and I wouldn’t even consider using the K6S motor, let alone the K4S motor.

If you have decent electronics the EXB is the way to go but I wouldn't buy one to put 4s stuff in. I believe the diffs in the newer batch of EXB are fixed so fingers crossed you shouldn't encounter any issues.

In terms of durability, due to the Typhon's weight, I believe it's one of the most durable out of all the 6s. But even with RTRs, you should be pulling the diffs out to check fluids etc before your first run, don't be afraid to get your hands dirty.

@jondilly1974 I forgot to mention I'd leave the Typhon on stock electronics, but I still see what you mean.
@ph47mf Oh I didn't know that, I'd rather not take my chances tho, probably gonna go for the Typhon. I'm also not afraid to open the diff and change fluids, that is "easy", Im just kinda scared of all the little gears and getting the mesh right on them.

You also have to consider where you're going to run it. A stock Typhon sits pretty low and if you run on really rough terrain, and even high grass, you may end up wanting to truggify it. But even stock it would still be better than an exb with a 4s system.
Now if you spring for a 6s system, even a blx from a kit breaker, I'd go with the Kraton. It's just a little more versatile out of the box.
Either one you're going to have fun.

To whom it may concern, I got myself a proline pro mt 4x4 instead. 5 runs in and im liking it alot, thanks for all the advice but the Proline fits a niche which Arrma doesn't have anything for. Also considerd a Traxxas Maxx, but that was to expensive and I would waste the 4S BLX System I have lying around.
20210218_162801 (1).jpg

To whom it may concern, I got myself a proline pro mt 4x4 instead. 5 runs in and im liking it alot, thanks for all the advice but the Proline fits a niche which Arrma doesn't have anything for. Also considerd a Traxxas Maxx, but that was to expensive and I would waste the 4S BLX System I have lying around.
View attachment 127336
Okay need help arrma family I love my bigrock but want something that I can drift on road and swap some tires and still run on grass and other terrain, can I do this with typon 6a. Want a infraction or felony but don't want to be limited to just road. I believe Typhon platform is used to build rally car. I know it's greedy to be able to want to drift and run off road but I want both LOL

Okay need help arrma family I love my bigrock but want something that I can drift on road and swap some tires and still run on grass and other terrain, can I do this with typon 6a. Want a infraction or felony but don't want to be limited to just road. I believe Typhon platform is used to build rally car. I know it's greedy to be able to want to drift and run off road but I want both LOL
Gets some hoons or grps and when you want to go offroad just switch out the tires.

Gets some hoons or grps and when you want to go offroad just switch out the tires.
Ok I was hoping I could do some drifting and speed runs with typhon and bashing plus it's cheaper than a infraction or felony

View attachment 127336
What niche is that?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back