Typhon Going 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDM

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So we want to go 6's but which one. Thought we where going for Typhon. We had been waiting for the 3s but decided to just go 6. But know my son wants the Kraton. I was also checking out the Talion. We only have the 3s granite but can't decide whats next. Im only getting 1
What are some pro cons to some of the vehicles

So we want to go 6's but which one. Thought we where going for Typhon. We had been waiting for the 3s but decided to just go 6. But know my son wants the Kraton. I was also checking out the Talion. We only have the 3s granite but can't decide whats next. Im only getting 1
Typhon con: cannot handle rough terrain. Low ground clearance .

Outcast/Notorious con: hard to drive for the inexperienced.

Senton con: it's an SCT

Talion con: Bickety doesn't own one.

Kraton con: none

Since you already have the Granite 3s, the longer wheel base Kraton would offer a different experience. You can wheelie around with the Granite, and blast like a madman with the Kraton. It's more level, but can be unleashed like the crack of whip when you want it to. The Outcast/Notorious would have pretty much the same driving feel of the Granite, but with a heap load more power. The Talion is a great jumper, but I would still say the Kraton is best 6s bang for the buck.

Since you already have the Granite 3s, the longer wheel base Kraton would offer a different experience. You can wheelie around with the Granite, and blast like a madman with the Kraton. It's more level, but can be unleashed like the crack of whip when you want it to. The Outcast/Notorious would have pretty much the same driving feel of the Granite, but with a heap load more power. The Talion is a great jumper, but I would still say the Kraton is best 6s bang for the buck.
Any thoughts on the Typhon

Any thoughts on the Typhon
It's the one I know least about, but most guys like to turn it into a speed runner because of it's stance. @bicketybam owns one, and he mentioned that he thinks it's too low as an all around basher. I would take his word of it.

It's the one I know least about, but most guys like to turn it into a speed runner because of it's stance. @bicketybam owns one, and he mentioned that he thinks it's too low as an all around basher. I would take his word of it.

It has the lowest ground clearance for sure. That said, it's super fast, handles the best out of all the trucks, and jumps really well.

The Typhon is great on mostly smooth surfaces. It can do dirt as well but it better be pretty level. It took my V3 over to the dirt/mud pit yesterday. It handled the smooth terrain well but flipped & cartwheeled in the 2-3 inch ruts left by a front loader. The larger wheel cars fly over that stuff. You can always truggify it but the learning curve for handling it is seriously high & the tires don't like it no matter what anti-ballooning measures you take.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back