Granite Granite 3S BLX new servo issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normnailz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I am a newbie when it comes to RC cars, so forgive me if i state the obvious. First off, i love my granite and this forum is one of the biggest reasons i chose to purchase this over a stampede. Having a blast bashing this thing running on 2S, haven't even thought about running this on a 3S battery, i will save that for a later date. Anyhow, I was reading through the upgrade thread and one consistent complaint i found is with the servo. So I ended up purchasing a Savox SM-0230MG w/ a Kimbrough #124 Servo Saver. I also ended up purchasing the DumboRC x6 radio. Here is a video explaining the issue I am having, any help would be greatly appreciated.

normal...listen to the wheel when you release it... it studders the same.. the wheel is bouncing input..

thanks for the response, really appreciate it. i have to try to figure out how to tune this X6 radio then due to it being so squirrely (compared to the stock servo and radio). the other issue I am having with it is the built-in DumboRC gyro. I activate it, play with gain and the vehicle just doesn't react like how i expect, anytime i tilt the controller or chassis the wheels just jitter and don't smoothly turn. Any ideas on how to fix that issue or has anyone been seeing this? faulty controller?

disable the gyro completely.. its not needed, and will cause more driving issues than help them..

that's exactly what i did, more of a headache than anything. thanks again for your help. any suggestions on my next upgrade? have been looking at supension, but there are so many recommendations and the typhon 6s shocks are nowhere to be found.

that's exactly what i did, more of a headache than anything. thanks again for your help. any suggestions on my next upgrade? have been looking at supension, but there are so many recommendations and the typhon 6s shocks are nowhere to be found.

no problem, thats what we are here for sir?

shocks would definetly be first on the list.. the typhon shocks are scarce, alot of people go that route so they can be hard to come by as you know.. my prefered shock would be 4s hr bodies with standard shock shafts, perches and rod ends for the 6s line... but it seems the hr shock bodies are no longer around either..

some also say talion shocks fit as well.. did you have a chance to read through the shock thread that @slick2500 compiled?

Thanks for the advice, I will look into it. @slick2500's post is my go to, was looking for an assembled setup for suspension, but might have to go the route you suggested considering most of the suggestions on there are hard to find. Thanks, fired up to be a member and hope I will be a source of information at some point to pay it forward.

Thanks for the advice, I will look into it. @slick2500's post is my go to, was looking for an assembled setup for suspension, but might have to go the route you suggested considering most of the suggestions on there are hard to find. Thanks, fired up to be a member and hope I will be a source of information at some point to pay it forward.
Yeah sadly COVID-19 and some of them being discontinued has a lot of the shocks out there are out of stock :(

I am a newbie when it comes to RC cars, so forgive me if i state the obvious. First off, i love my granite and this forum is one of the biggest reasons i chose to purchase this over a stampede. Having a blast bashing this thing running on 2S, haven't even thought about running this on a 3S battery, i will save that for a later date. Anyhow, I was reading through the upgrade thread and one consistent complaint i found is with the servo. So I ended up purchasing a Savox SM-0230MG w/ a Kimbrough #124 Servo Saver. I also ended up purchasing the DumboRC x6 radio. Here is a video explaining the issue I am having, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure that's right. Grab the steering wheel and turn it full left/right/left/right really fast without letting go of the wheel. Does it still stutter?

In terms of shocks, if they're not leaking, they're actually tuned pretty well out of the box and I would save my money for something else. Like another RC!

No restriction or stutter when turning full left then full right and back and forth. The only time it stutters is when I let go of the wheel and they go back to center. I had some issue with the suspension leaking oil, but since i took them apart and replaced with some 60w oil and then sealed the threads with plumbers tape, i haven't had any issues. So I will probably stick with them for a while before upgrading.

No restriction or stutter when turning full left then full right and back and forth. The only time it stutters is when I let go of the wheel and they go back to center. I had some issue with the suspension leaking oil, but since i took them apart and replaced with some 60w oil and then sealed the threads with plumbers tape, i haven't had any issues. So I will probably stick with them for a while before upgrading.
That’s the radio wheel slamming past center on rebound when you let go of it. Try not letting it freewheel flip back to center.

Doesn't seem normal to me. Could be the servo saver. I installed a jx eco boost servo and reused the servo saver and it's smooth when it centres. Try using the stock servo saver. Or pull it apart and disconnect the servi saver and test it with just power to the servo.

I personally think it's the radio. It might be running at a slow frame rate and can't keep up with the bounce back to neutral when you let go of the transmitter wheel

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back