Help Me Decide!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. Thanks for the responses fellas. I don't even know why I'm doing so much research when I normally impulse buy. I think the Hobao is on backorder at Tower Hobbies but I'll check again in a second. Decisions, decisions.

Lol. Thanks for the responses fellas. I don't even know why I'm doing so much research when I normally impulse buy. I think the Hobao is on backorder at Tower Hobbies but I'll check again in a second. Decisions, decisions.

I usually do a lot of research on the big purchase, like a new kit but impulse buy all of the upgrades ?

Yeah, but that one is in stock on Ebay :D

The Muckraker is on sale at tower. With the coupon its $220. Drop in a 4s battery (you will need a loop if you use one battery) and pull the trigger... I modded mine with some custom aluminum parts and Kraton front upper arms. Size wise it is in the middle of the short and long chassis 6s arrmas.

I can't recommend the Redcat Racing Landslide enough. It's a great truck and very affordable. All it really needs out of the box is thicker center diff fluid - 100K to 300K. Only weak spot is the chassis can bend with really hard bashing. Good news in regards to the chassis is M2C racing is releasing a Landslide upgraded chassis sometime in March.

Brian

I know there's been a ton of these threads but I guess it's my turn to ask the Arrma Forum Braintrust. I have an Arrma Typhon 6S, Redcat TR-MT8E, HPI Bullet MT Flux, and Traxxas Rustler VXL. I'm looking at the Talion, Notorious, Hobao Hyper SS Truggy, and the Force RC Muckraker. I know that's a varied group but convince me....of something...lol

hi ! did you buy a new RC already ?

@werner sline is a great trickster and very approachable. Always helpful to me and giving of his techniques. His channel is one I watch every time he releases a show. I wish I had the mod skills he has / determination because his rigs obviously take huge repetitive abuse. He also has great filming and editing technique and I regularly compliment the music and audio on his channel.
I thought he'd gone away from Arrma but the latest video didn't confirm.
thanks for the nice comment. if everybody said "arrma tough" then it must be true ??

The Muckraker is on sale at tower. With the coupon its $220. Drop in a 4s battery (you will need a loop if you use one battery) and pull the trigger... I modded mine with some custom aluminum parts and Kraton front upper arms. Size wise it is in the middle of the short and long chassis 6s arrmas.
I saw that! That makes it a lot more tempting!
Edit: I have one sitting in my cart on Tower. Sigh...lol. Also, what coupon was available that dropped the price down to $220?

Last edited:
I can't recommend the Redcat Racing Landslide enough. It's a great truck and very affordable. All it really needs out of the box is thicker center diff fluid - 100K to 300K. Only weak spot is the chassis can bend with really hard bashing. Good news in regards to the chassis is M2C racing is releasing a Landslide upgraded chassis sometime in March.

Brian
I had taken a look at one of those when they first came out. Seems like a well-made vehicle. I had heard that there was a runaway issue for a while that they were trying to figure out.

Not yet. Still racking my brain trying to decide. I'm sure I'm severely overthinking this. Lol
Buy it! Whatever you get is just a stepping stone to the next one. No regrets on my first purchase, a Slash 4x4. Got me going and taught me a lot. I'm pretty sure the Notorious won't be my last either. Whatever you buy, enjoy it for what it is. Run it, maintain it, fix it, repeat. Any new rc vehicle will be a blast.

Buy it! Whatever you get is just a stepping stone to the next one. No regrets on my first purchase, a Slash 4x4. Got me going and taught me a lot. I'm pretty sure the Notorious won't be my last either. Whatever you buy, enjoy it for what it is. Run it, maintain it, fix it, repeat. Any new rc vehicle will be a blast.
Very true man. I went from 1 to 4 vehicles quickly when I got into the hobby. Now we have 6 in the household (my aforementioned 4 and my daughter's 2). And I'll always buy more. Lol
what are the RC on the list ?
Hobao SS Truggy, Notorious, Talion and the Muckracker.

Very true man. I went from 1 to 4 vehicles quickly when I got into the hobby. Now we have 6 in the household (my aforementioned 4 and my daughter's 2). And I'll always buy more. Lol

Hobao SS Truggy, Notorious, Talion and the Muckracker.

my humble opion : the muckracker is a cheap flexy lowgrade toy rc ! i would not recommend it ! arrma and hobao are well know brand with a better access to part, aftermarket parts for arrmas, forums... these are quite different machines : what are you actually searching for ? a fast and stable truggy ? a flid and stunt machine ? don't you already have RCs with the same kind of geometry ?

When Arrma drops the xmaxx killer, I'll buy it immediately. I don't foresee it happening soon but what do I know?
If I'm broke, living in the street and eating bugs, I'll still buy the Arrma xmaxx killer out of spite and fan-boy loyalty right away....I'd even pre-order and I make a rule to never pre-order sight unseen. LOL :p

wtf is an xmax killer?

Attachments

• cen rockrage 07.jpg
    cen rockrage 07.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 54
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back