Notorious Hexfly 25kg Waterproof Digital Servo Install. HX3225 (Same as DS3225's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well crap. Guess I need to make another amazon order... never ? s ?‍♂️

thanks for the info!

It’s made for the Arrma 4x4 line so I know it will fit. The unknown part is if it’s strong enough for a stronger servo.

I got an idea, why don’t you call HR and ask ?
I hate talking on the phone. I will email them.

I hate talking on the phone. I will email them.
Good luck with that. It was a joke anyways as they don’t publish a phone number to be able to call them. When you email them, you will get an auto reply saying they will be getting back to you soon. I’m still waiting six months later for that reply. @bicketybam has been waiting over a year.

Good luck with that. It was a joke anyways as they don’t publish a phone number to be able to call them. When you email them, you will get an auto reply saying they will be getting back to you soon. I’m still waiting six months later for that reply. @bicketybam has been waiting over a year.
well doesn't that suck. I guess the only way to find out is to buy it. And you need to work on your jokes, heh.

well doesn't that suck. I guess the only way to find out is to buy it. And you need to work on your jokes, heh.
Guys that have been here a while know all too well....

A) My jokes suck
B) HR has no CS

I'm going to completely vouch for the DS3225 & all it's different versions but the workhorse of a DS3235 is junk. 3 rigs, 2 smoked & I'm waiting on the 3rd to go. All on 6v with RTR receivers. I have 14 DS3225s, all on 6v stock receivers, all still going . . .

I'm going to completely vouch for the DS3225 & all it's different versions but the workhorse of a DS3235 is junk. 3 rigs, 2 smoked & I'm waiting on the 3rd to go. All on 6v with RTR receivers. I have 14 DS3225s, all on 6v stock receivers, all still going . . .

Did you run the DS3235's on 6V as well? What died in them? Electronics or gears?

Did you run the DS3235's on 6V as well? What died in them? Electronics or gears?
6v in both & both electronics smoked. They were both acting funny b4 they smoked. They would only turn one way. I'm done with them. Maybe the motor is too strong for the electronics to handle.

6v in both & both electronics smoked. They were both acting funny b4 they smoked. They would only turn one way. I'm done with them. Maybe the motor is too strong for the electronics to handle.
That's what happened to my savox 1202sg. I was able to fix it though for $6 and some squinty soldering.

That's what happened to my savox 1202sg. I was able to fix it though for $6 and some squinty soldering.
The PCBs of the DS3225 & DS3235 are exactly the same from the layout to the model numbers on the chips. I wouldn't mind dropping that motor in a DS3225 if I knew it could handle it. I just bought 6 more with that $9.99 promo banggood was pushing so I might try it in due time. But both DS3235 PCBs are toasted so that might be tempting fate.

The PCBs of the DS3225 & DS3235 are exactly the same from the layout to the model numbers on the chips. I wouldn't mind dropping that motor in a DS3225 if I knew it could handle it. I just bought 6 more with that $9.99 promo banggood was pushing so I might try it in due time. But both DS3235 PCBs are toasted so that might be tempting fate.
Odd, if they are the same, then why did the 3235's die? Just a motor or gearing difference?

Odd, if they are the same, then why did the 3235's die? Just a motor or gearing difference?
The motors are different as they have to be in order to have a higher torque if the gearing hasn't changed. They have different serial numbers at the very least. The gears appear to have the same number of teeth (simple comparison by lining them up back to back) but they are a different material & the steel gears of the 3235 will drop right in the 3225.

Edit: After unbolting a 2nd DS3225, it has a completely different PCB layout from the 1st I compared with the DS3235. The motors are the same though. I knew these servos probably wasn't going to be all the same but this is kinda crazy. It's fine as long as it reaches the right specs I guess. I'm going to let smoke be smoke for now. The 25kg servo are great & I have too many rigs waiting in line for one to be experimenting with junk.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back