Hey boat people. Let’s see your boats.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought some of you would like to see pictures of going throught the Erie canal locks. Vertical lift is about 50ft for both locks. These are from lock 34 heading west bound, first pictures the lock between both.

845.jpg

844.jpg

Last edited:
This past weekend pushed me over the edge. Almost hit by 2 boaters on the way out to the lake. On the way back in, I watched some idiot leaving the gas dock, Only 1 person, in gear, messing with his engine smash in a stone wall :rolleyes:
Over winter, I am going to install a train air horn. I hope I can make people shard themselves;)

Last weekend off the back of a rental boat went some idiot at the mouth of a no-wake where people slow down at the last second and take off before they should. The waves in these locations are huge! The moron captain leaves the boat in gear and everyone rushed to the stern (including the captain) almost submerging the stern deck of the pontoon. This fool dumped off right in front of me, of course.:rolleyes: I have to throw my sh!t in reverse hoping no one us up my A$$ pouring into this no wake zone...My wife is grabbing life jackets tossing them off the bow at this idiot that didn't even grab one.. Now he's trying to out swim a boat in gear in huge waves while a large woman on the back is trying to extend the ladder out for him to grab onto... What a cluster Fcuk that was.. These renters chip in to rent these boats to cut the costs, they are MAXED out people wise and in most cases weight wise..

I tell ya, they should either outlaw boat renters OR make them prove they can go out alone first...

@gotnitro I feel your pain.
I drive by 3 docks/launches and 1 kayak rental, I've come close to hitting them and don't mean to. Under 5 mph,I have to steer my boat using the transmission. Those party toons always make me laugh/sacred, those are generally overloaded, can't drive straight.
It is never boring. I don't think a drivers license will make a differance. They must come up with a common sense license ;) I will have a loud air horn next year and I am seriously thinking of a paint ball gun🤪

P.S. The weekends always give us something to laugh about during the week.

This might be the last overnight trip we do this year :cry: Sunset/dusk range boats piled in lastnight, lots of double and triple stack.
I love the old bridge, it is over 100 years old with original steel.

896.jpg

895.jpg

Today is a sad day for me, time to pull the boat. So far 3 car loads of crap back to the house. Both engines winterized, underside pressure washed. I still have a lot go, but I still have a place to hide 🤪

915.jpg

916.jpg

It all started Saturday morning, I walked in an had a faint smell. Up comes the flooring, and major cleaning began :cry: 33 years of crud. Every place I could clean between the floor and hull was cleaned. Gallon of Zep citrus, scrub brushes, lots of ventilation.

931.jpg

930.jpg

928.jpg

929.jpg

Well, the easy stuff is done. I took down my main cabin lights and polished the aluminum mounting. Lots of sanding and buffing to get them to a good shape. I also decided to remove and polish the bilge vent covers, I think I will blind people next year :cool: Then I had to joys of replacing 3 Lexan hatch windows, 1 was cracked, all 3 had deteriorate due to UV damage, lots of stress cracks. This has been consuming what little free time I have. Tomorrow, I start to tear down a 300lb V-drive with no manual (not available) :LOL:

1087.jpg

1091.jpg

1088.jpg

1090.jpg

1089.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back