Hobbywing max10 G2 3200kv bearing went out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DenderDennis

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Raider
  3. Senton 3s
Hi there!
I've ran into some troubles....
What do you think? Is it worth to put new bearings into the motor or is end of story for the motor?
IMG20230320164555.jpg
IMG20230320164612.jpg
w
IMG20230320164726.jpg

Dead. I don’t hear good things about HW warranty but you can pick up a cheap replacement 3660 from Amazon. Hobbystar, Surpass, etc. I doubt you’d notice any difference in performance.
I had Hobbywing 3660 that had a bearing failure pretty fast. Replaced that with a 3668 Spektrum off the Arrma 4s line from Jenny's pretty cheap. Definite performance improvement on 3s but will need to gear up at least 4-5t on the pinion because it's 2400kv.

Also just got a Hobbystar 3660 for $45 to run on my Bandit, The new models have added a temp sensor port. Very solid but probably need the 3665 to feel the same power as your HW motor.

I had Hobbywing 3660 that had a bearing failure pretty fast. Replaced that with a 3668 Spektrum off the Arrma 4s line from Jenny's pretty cheap. Definite performance improvement on 3s but will need to gear up at least 4-5t on the pinion because it's 2400kv.

Also just got a Hobbystar 3660 for $45 to run on my Bandit, The new models have added a temp sensor port. Very solid but probably need the 3665 to feel the same power as your HW motor.
You will have a bearing failure on that motor. Be careful with that spectrum motor. Order ceramic bearings. Arrma 3s and 4s motors are famous for bearing failure at the shaft end of the motor🙄🥺😫🤦‍♂️

Hi there!
I've ran into some troubles....
What do you think? Is it worth to put new bearings into the motor or is end of story for the motor? View attachment 286873View attachment 286874wView attachment 286875
Yeah she is junk.
You failed to open, clean and maintain/ lube the BB's of that motor on a regular basis
Buy a new one. And rethink motor maintenance. They will last for years and years, replacing the BB's when they get sloppy. Replace the BB's before you ruin the Whole Motor armature. The Amatures/Rotors are not replaceable as a part by themselves.
That motor also looks like it was over heated too many times. Dry, dirty, unlubed BB's will create much of that heat. Then the Kevlar Wrap of the Rotor fails as well. Comes apart. Can cause a locked up motor.

Yeah she is junk.
You failed to open, clean and maintain/ lube the BB's of that motor on a regular basis
Buy a new one. And rethink motor maintenance. They will last for years and years, replacing the BB's when they get sloppy. Replace the BB's before you ruin the Whole Motor armature. The Amatures/Rotors are not replaceable as a part by themselves.
That motor also looks like it was over heated too many times. Dry, dirty, unlubed BB's will create much of that heat. Then the Kevlar Wrap of the Rotor fails as well. Comes apart. Can cause a locked up motor.
What is a BB? Bearing....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back