Honest question: Kraton EXB or Tekno MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisexv6

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I love our Kraton as much as anyone, so much that Im looking to get a second one in the form of the EXB.

But looking at it overall....I would basically be "in" for the same amount as a Tekno MT410. Maybe a little more $$$ on the Tekno side (since Id need a body....already have wheels/tires).

So....assuming the $$ is a wash, what does everyone think about the MT410 vs the EXB? I know Kraton RTR vs MT410 is a no-brainer....but a Kraton roller vs a Tekno "slider" seems not such a no-brainer to me.

Has anyone cross-shopped them lately?

I'd go for the MT410 and just upgrade your existing Kraton with all the EXB hop ups over time or at a later date.
Having 2 Kratons which will still be very similarly handling vehicles would seem like a waste of money to me. I'd want something a bit different in my fleet.

Teknos are great. I used to run the EBs competitively.
Not sure about their MT though, never used or seen one. Not a big 1/10th scale fan for bashing either. But I'm sure it's great, I'm grabbing a EXB tomorrow (hopefully).

Very happy MT410 basher here. For me, the most important aspect of this decision would be whether you want a short wheel base truck. Quite a difference in handling I imagine (though I do not own a Kraton).

Not sure about their MT though, never used or seen one. Not a big 1/10th scale fan for bashing either. But I'm sure it's great, I'm grabbing a EXB tomorrow (hopefully).
The packaging of the MT410 says 1/10th scale, but it is the size of an Outcast 6s.

EXB all the way..!! MT410 is a great truck but sadly in my opinion is over rated..

I own a fully modded V4 Kraton and can't wait to get my EXB..!!

I also own a MT410, its build quality and materials used are far superior to any Arrma but it breaks just like any Arrma would. worse part about the Tekno are the puny cvd/driveshafts they bend way too easily, it handles superbly and is super fun to drive..?

Also, you can't really compare a Kraton to a MT410 it's more like an Outcast...?

Right! The mt410 has a wheel base of 232 mm while the Krayton exb has a wheel base of 377mm. That’s 1/3 larger!

Man, in the same decision point frankly. I don’t own a Krayton but beat the heck out of a traxxas erevo gen 1 a lot but parts are becoming scarce and I’m getting sick of lots of repairs! Yes, I’ve got a ton of upgrades on it ....

Im frankly a bit “afraid” of the short wheel base as I’m sure I’d flip it regularly. Hahah.
Thoughts?

Very happy MT410 basher here. For me, the most important aspect of this decision would be whether you want a short wheel base truck. Quite a difference in handling I imagine (though I do not own a Kraton).

The packaging of the MT410 says 1/10th scale, but it is the size of an Outcast 6s.

Right! The mt410 has a wheel base of 232 mm while the Krayton exb has a wheel base of 377mm. That’s 1/3 larger!

Man, in the same decision point frankly. I don’t own a Krayton but beat the heck out of a traxxas erevo gen 1 a lot but parts are becoming scarce and I’m getting sick of lots of repairs! Yes, I’ve got a ton of upgrades on it ....

Im frankly a bit “afraid” of the short wheel base as I’m sure I’d flip it regularly. Hahah.
Thoughts?
Not to be rude, but the specs on an MT410 show the wheelbase at 323-335mm or 12.71"-13.18".

Not to be rude, but the specs on an MT410 show the wheelbase at 323-335mm or 12.71"-13.18".
The MT410 is a 1/8 Truggy front and rear clip, bolted to a 1/8 buggy chassis. Same as the Outcast. the 1/8 eBug can have a few mm difference length in WB, but they are all about the same size, to fit the class.
I don't think anyone has bought a Tekno and regretted it.
Yeah, this.

Deciding between a EXB and a MT410 is like deciding between a Prime grade ribeye or a filet mignon... they are not the same, but you really can't lose either way.

Maybe if you have big hands. The MT410 is pretty tight to work on. The esc and motor are squashed up to one another, wires all over the place even on a clean build. Plastic spur might raise a few eyebrows, and as @BashingBrian said the driveline is meant for 4s but handles 6s. May want to wait and see if the OC comes out in EXB form. If you went with an OC you would only need arrma spares. Don't get me wrong, the teknos are really sweet; arms are killer, nice motor mount, towers, shocks, suspension mounts, diffs pretty solid and no stupid wing mount/brace assembly.

Thanks everyone, good info!

I knew the MT410 was shorter wheelbase, to be honest I really don't expect to be doing a lot of tricks with the truck....just want something I can bash with that I know will hold up well. Heart was set on a second Kraton, being the EXB, but for the same basic price there is the MT410.

Seeing pics of builds and the chassis, I get flashbacks to tearing down my Savage with the TVP chassis....everything is packed in there, you basically have to tear the whole thing apart to get to any one thing (trans, engine, servos, etc). The MT410 seems to be similar unless I spend 180+ on a new chassis....crazy!

So Im back to the EXB, or waiting for an Outcast EXB.....Im not in too much of a rush, so I might just wait and see what Arrma does.

Thanks again.

-Chris

Thanks everyone, good info!

I knew the MT410 was shorter wheelbase, to be honest I really don't expect to be doing a lot of tricks with the truck....just want something I can bash with that I know will hold up well. Heart was set on a second Kraton, being the EXB, but for the same basic price there is the MT410.

Seeing pics of builds and the chassis, I get flashbacks to tearing down my Savage with the TVP chassis....everything is packed in there, you basically have to tear the whole thing apart to get to any one thing (trans, engine, servos, etc). The MT410 seems to be similar unless I spend 180+ on a new chassis....crazy!

So Im back to the EXB, or waiting for an Outcast EXB.....Im not in too much of a rush, so I might just wait and see what Arrma does.

Thanks again.

-Chris
Happy you came to a decision! Still, I would like to mention:

The MT410 chassis is tight, but I find the truck to be very nice to work on. The layout is super basic, nothing weird like those savage vertical plates. Routine stuff like changing a pinion is quicker than on my 3s arrma.

If you don't want to do tricks, kraton sounds like the way to go! With the short wheel base, the MT410 really loves to lift it's front. What it doesn't love as much is going in a straight line on full throttle.

I have...?

Don't get me wrong it's good, and I love building kits etc but it was a lockdown purchase and looking back on it I wish I'd not bought it and got an Outcast/Notorious instead...??

In my opinion I feel as a total package the Arrma is just better ? ( there you go I've said it ? )

I've had issues with mine bending driveshafts/cvds, someone told me there was an Arrma mod to fit Arrma driveshafts, but hey I want a Tekno not an Arrma/Tekno hybrid..???

Also as others above have said, working on it is a real pain at times and space is so tight it's just ridiculous...
I'm running mine on 6s and it's pretty insane ??

I'm in exactly the same boat. No real rush to purchase anything, but really like the idea of either the EXB or the MT410, or sometime I toy with the idea of both since they really are different vehicles just fairly similar in price. The both option is likely off the table due to cost unfortunately though. I'll be curious to hear where you end up though so following this thread.

Having the Tekno MT and a fairly upgraded 6s Kraton V4, the MT is 1/8 scale. Disregard the 1/10 scale marketing that Tekno illustrates. My conversation with Tekno confirms its really all 1/8 scale, parts and all. Tekno admits that. The MT is identical in dimensions to a OC/Noto. Short Wheel base. I also have a Noto. that I compare to the MT. The MT is much more tunable in the chassis dept. It is based on all their race spec parts. It is essentially a Tekno Parts bin truck. A lot of 7075 alum. The build is superb, instructions and all. Support is great also. But overall, you must consider that the MT is more comparable to a OC/Noto. The MT is much lighter and nimble. It will even run circles around my Noto. while only on 4S!!
The EXB is just a Kraton (LWB) roller with all the upgrades there already. Having a Kraton already, it may be redundant getting the EXB. You can always get the EXB parts "a la carte" for your Kraton, if the red EXB bling is important to you. Arrma just stepped up in the upgrade dept. with the EXB release. But after market support like M2C and others already filled that gap IMHO. There are certain EXB parts that are unique and I would consider items like the Arms and Fr upper captured Hinge pins/block for my Kraton or Noto. Tekno MT is a different animal. And you wont be disappointed if your wallet permits. Promise. You get what you are paying for with the Tekno MT410. If you truly like to build rigs vs buying an RTR, then the MT will be so enjoyable. The Tekno Diffs are incredibly strong BTW. You wont become a slave repairing them freguently like the Arrma diffs.

Last edited:
I realize I did not give specs on our current Kraton :)

Its a V3, with M2C Goliath chassis, M2C chassis braces, M2C sliding motor mount, aluminum diff cups, aluminum diff housings, Voltage shock towers, aluminum steering blocks, etc. So, basically its as bulletproof as a Kraton is gonna get. Better than the EXB, would be my guess. I only considered a second because we have so much fun with the first....but now I keep thinking about "something different".

MT410 for a winter project or hope and pray for an Outcast EXB? Unless I can find a cheap stock Outcast roller and upgrade as I want.

I kind of figured you have all the best upgrades already. You already have Tekno 1/10 experience.(y) I got my MT before all my Arrmas, when Hobbico was going out of business. So I wasn't sure about getting an Arrma rig as much as I wanted one badly. I felt the possibility of the Arrma brand disappearing like Team Durango did was very real. And being an old fart RC'er that I am :ROFLMAO:, I love building from scratch, every single part. Search the Tekno forums about the MT if you haven't already. The MT is all 1/8 scale... I have to say that it is by far my favorite rig of all my 14 rigs over 30+ years. Yes I like it better than my Arrmas. But Arrma is right there behind it.
Some will say the Arrma 6S rigs are easier to work on. But in retrospect, the MT doesn't require all the attention that the Arrma rigs require to begin with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back