Tekno MT410 2.0 Details

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
It looks like the new MT410 has officially arrived. However, it looks like it’s actually based on the 1/10 platform unlike the last version, which was based on 1/8 parts.

I wonder if they will also launch an MT48.

https://www.rprcdistribution.com/pr...2-0-1-10th-electric-4-4-pro-monster-truck-kit

1700847465929.png

Hmm.. it does look rather narrow? 13mm shocks is a downgrade from the 16mm of old. I noticed that of the sct410 2.0 as well. Not a big deal for sct but, MT, I think that's a real downgrade. Hopefully it doesn't have plastic cross pins in the diffs, or plastic pivot blocks.

I’ve been waiting for this and I’m highly disappointed. Might pick up a 1.0 now or not even bother. 12mm hexes? Downsized shocks? Seriously?
Yeah, I don't mean to spoil the party. Just my thoughts, maybe wait till someone gets their hands on one before buying? Rumor has it someone is gonna be listing an MT410 roller soon. Not me but, I heard through the grapevine. Might keep an eye out.
Post#257
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-does-everyone-think-of-the-new-kraton-6sexb.66494/page-13

Posted this on YT. Thought I'd post it here, too:

For all those who look at this as a downgrade, it's not. Tekno has strategically chosen to compete with the Rival MT10, which is a true 1/10 scale MT. I just built the SCT 2.0 and the quality is 100x better than the Rival MT10. I've tried running the Rival MT10 on 4s and the drivetrain just can't handle it (weak spots are the driveshafts and stub axles on 4s). If you want to run the Tekno MT410 2.0 on 4s, it's going to handle the power with no drivetrain issues, albeit, both trucks are better suited on 3s. With regard to the smaller diameter shocks, Tekno tested them against the larger diameter shocks and found no significant difference in performance gains when using larger bore shocks.

M2C will be developing parts for this new MT410 2.0. It would be silly of them to ignore the opportunity for upgrades. Just like it's its predecessor the original, true "bashers" loaded up with MT410 upgrades, just like they'll be doing for the new MT410 2.0. Is the new version a letdown? If you're looking for a 1/8th scale MT that can handle 6s, then yes. But if you're looking for a true 1/10th scale MT, then no. Also, the original MT410 didn't need 6s—it performs way better on 4s. 6s is too much power for the original. With regard to the motor mount and mesh, just buy a Tekno pinion and your mesh will be perfect. Problem solved.

With regard to the 12mm hexes, there is a 17mm conversion kit coming out. Problem solved. But, keep in mind the Rival MT10 has 12mm hexes and that doesn't need 17mm hexes, so this new Tekno shouldn't either. If you're worried about stripping out hexes, then use ProLine raid wheels with upgradable hexes. Then, go on AliExpress and buy 12mm aluminum hexes. Problem solved. You can also use wheels/ hexes from Method RC which are available in plastic or aluminum. The Method RC hexes fit the Proline wheels as well (I read this somewhere and you'd need to confirm this).

Just note (this is not in the manual)—you will need to use a low-profile servo, otherwise, the servo link will not have the correct angle and you'll need to use spacers where the servo link attaches to the bell crank. ProModeler makes some awesome low-profile servos that are competitively priced and way higher quality than the mainstream servo brands. NDSRC and AGFRC offer some great low-profile servos, too.

For all those who look at this as a downgrade, it's not. Tekno has strategically chosen to compete with the Rival MT10, which is a true 1/10 scale MT. I just built the SCT 2.0 and the quality is 100x better than the Rival MT10. I've tried running the Rival MT10 on 4s and the drivetrain just can't handle it (weak spots are the driveshafts and stub axles on 4s). If you want to run the Tekno MT410 2.0 on 4s, it's going to handle the power with no drivetrain issues, albeit, both trucks are better suited on 3s. With regard to the smaller diameter shocks, Tekno tested them against the larger diameter shocks and found no significant difference in performance gains when using larger bore shocks.

M2C will be developing parts for this new MT410 2.0. It would be silly of them to ignore the opportunity for upgrades. Just like it's its predecessor the original, true "bashers" loaded up with MT410 upgrades, just like they'll be doing for the new MT410 2.0. Is the new version a letdown? If you're looking for a 1/8th scale MT that can handle 6s, then yes. But if you're looking for a true 1/10th scale MT, then no. Also, the original MT410 didn't need 6s—it performs way better on 4s. 6s is too much power for the original. With regard to the motor mount and mesh, just buy a Tekno pinion and your mesh will be perfect. Problem solved.

With regard to the 12mm hexes, there is a 17mm conversion kit coming out. Problem solved. But, keep in mind the Rival MT10 has 12mm hexes and that doesn't need 17mm hexes, so this new Tekno shouldn't either. If you're worried about stripping out hexes, then use ProLine raid wheels with upgradable hexes. Then, go on AliExpress and buy 12mm aluminum hexes. Problem solved. You can also use wheels/ hexes from Method RC which are available in plastic or aluminum. The Method RC hexes fit the Proline wheels as well (I read this somewhere and you'd need to confirm this).

Just note (this is not in the manual)—you will need to use a low-profile servo, otherwise, the servo link will not have the correct angle and you'll need to use spacers where the servo link attaches to the bell crank. ProModeler makes some awesome low-profile servos that are competitively priced and way higher quality than the mainstream servo brands. NDSRC and AGFRC offer some great low-profile servos, too.
Good info, thanks. I agree that the original MT410 never needed 6s, for me anyways. Or upgrades. Knowing it's a true 1/10 changes my opinion, for the better. Great for those looking for 1/10. But $400 for 1/10 doesn't get my juices flowing.✌

Good info, thanks. I agree that the original MT410 never needed 6s, for me anyways. Or upgrades. Knowing it's a true 1/10 changes my opinion, for the better. Great for those looking for 1/10. But $400 for 1/10 doesn't get my juices flowing.✌
It’s actually over $500. And although it doesn’t mention it in the link, I’d say it’s probably a slider kit. That’s kinda steep for a 1/10 kit, even if it is the best in class. I’d love to have one, but the most I’d pay for it would be in the $350-$400 range. For now, I’ll just stick to my MT10, and hope they do eventually drop the 1/8 scale basher I’ve been waiting for
IMG_1363.jpeg

It’s actually over $500. And although it doesn’t mention it in the link, I’d say it’s probably a slider kit. That’s kinda steep for a 1/10 kit, even if it is the best in class. I’d love to have one, but the most I’d pay for it would be in the $350-$400 range. For now, I’ll just stick to my MT10, and hope they do eventually drop the 1/8 scale basher I’ve been waiting for View attachment 333713
Wow!! Yeah, they can keep it for that price! You're correct, it's a kit, nothing included. Tires, body, electronics.. I paid $370 for the original MT410, $290 for the SCT410.3. $500? No way.

I was pretty disappointed in Tekno 1/10 scale stuff for my style of driving and bashing. Very fragile. So much so that I got rid of it. There is no chance I’ll buy this new one based on their 1/10 platform.

If it's actually $500 when it comes out in the U.S., then yes, I think that's overpriced. You can get a nice ET48 for just $679, just $179 more, and it includes upgraded shock parts like delrin pistons, delrin bushings, aluminum shock caps, etc. The option parts on the shocks are $$$ and it's awesome they come with the ET48. The SCT 410 2.0 does not come include the optional shock parts. They do not yet have an aluminum cap upgrade option, which I bet would be released for the MT version—either that or M2C will create one.

If it's actually $500 when it comes out in the U.S., then yes, I think that's overpriced. You can get a nice ET48 for just $679, just $179 more, and it includes upgraded shock parts like delrin pistons, delrin bushings, aluminum shock caps, etc. The option parts on the shocks are $$$ and it's awesome they come with the ET48. The SCT 410 2.0 does not come include the optional shock parts. They do not yet have an aluminum cap upgrade option, which I bet would be released for the MT version—either that or M2C will create one.
I love my Tekno's and I truly mean no disrespect. Top shelf commands top dollar. If I had it to burn, I'd surely jump on it if I wanted the ultimate 1/10 basher. Perhaps when it's 5 years old, I can pick it up on the cheap as I did with the sct410 and mt410. Will you be getting one? I'm sure it'll be badazz.😎🍻

I love my Tekno's and I truly mean no disrespect. Top shelf commands top dollar. If I had it to burn, I'd surely jump on it if I wanted the ultimate 1/10 basher. Perhaps when it's 5 years old, I can pick it up on the cheap as I did with the sct410 and mt410. Will you be getting one? I'm sure it'll be badazz.😎🍻
I probably will! But, I'm going to wait until all of the upgrades are available from M2C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back