Tekno MT410 2.0 Details

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
However, it used to be going for $370 regularly -- for a long time. I think i got mine for like $300 with the tower coupon codes. I guess i just got adjusted to that pricing and took it for granted :rolleyes:
Totally agree. I paid $320 for mine last year.

Finally got in a proper bash.

Yeah I paid $390 for my v1 MT410 in 2020. I know we can build this new one out for less than $1k, but even just the aluminum suspension plates adds another $130.. eh, I'll stop there. To those who desire it, enjoy! 🍻

My mistake, the B & C blocks are steel encased with plastic, so all of them are metal.

No -- I used a different set of holes for the second session and went up a tooth on the pinion. Not sure if it shows up in the video, but the motor is clocked another 60 deg. in the second video. 10mm screws is a must (possibly some other things, I'm testing some ideas).
Have you ever had any issues with the quality of the Hobbywing motor bells? I just bought a bunch of the new G2 motors. Just wondering. Up 'till now all of the motors I've run are Castle. Thought I'd give the new Hobbywing stuff a shot!
@razorrc - I tried the 17 mil hex for the Slash. It did not work. The pinhole did not line up. That said, it looks like Tekno is listing the EB48SL 2.0 universal driveshafts as an option to run 17 mil hexes. I just bought them. Are you considering trying them or are you looking to use the stock axles?

Last edited:
Have you ever had any issues with the quality of the Hobbywing motor bells? I just bought a bunch of the new G2 motors. Just wondering. Up 'till now all of the motors I've run are Castle. Thought I'd give the new Hobbywing stuff a shot!
@razorrc - I tried the 17 mil hex for the Slash. It did not work. The pinhole did not line up. That said, it looks like Tekno is listing the EB48SL 2.0 universal driveshafts as an option to run 17 mil hexes. I just bought them. Are you considering trying them or are you looking to use the stock axles?

I don’t normally run HW motors, this might actually be my first HW branded motor.

I’m going to wait until Tekno releases an official 17mm hex.

Yeah, it looks like you can now. For a while everywhere was showing it out of stock or "discontinued". Not sure what Tekno's game is here, if it truly is back in production.

However, it used to be going for $370 regularly -- for a long time. I think i got mine for like $300 with the tower coupon codes. I guess i just got adjusted to that pricing and took it for granted :rolleyes:

I agree @KnowAir, it's hard to swallow a $800 1/10 build.
Ya I noticed this too. I was going to pick up a MT410 from tower but noticed the price increase on it. And I do remember them for $379 for a long time.

At 1/10 sized for the new truck I’m not to interested. It’s not so much the scale (heck I’ve been considering the new Stampede 4x4 2S for a winter play truck) it’s the price to build one as others mentioned.

It is quite expensive, no question, but maybe once Tower carries it, you can get it for 20% off (there's currently a 20% store-wide discount for Super Saver members). For example, the ET48 2.0 is ~$545 instead of ~$680.

I am in the middle of building the MT410 2.0 and it is a fantastic kit - so nice to build, excellent fit and finish. My guess is that either with coupon codes or with time prices will come down a bit and then it will be more tolerable. With budget or used electronics, and maybe by using spare bodies or tires that people have on hand, the overall cost might work for more people.

It's a Tekno, as such, high quality for sure. Don't mind my grumbling. I'm a chronic cheapskate. Which is also why I chose to stretch my MT410 into an ET48 instead of buying one. I know it's not the real deal, but man is it an awesome rig. Just as I know this one is too. Sorry for the negativity. This truck promises to be epic, I'm sure it will be.👍🍻

I for one am glad they made it on a 1/10 scale platform. Because I have ZERO temptation to buy it! I'll stick to my OG version that I have M2C'd out!
Yeah, if you're already vested in a v1 like you are, I sure understand that. I enjoy 1/10 scale rc's, but find 1/8 so much more versatile. Different strokes I suppose.

Finished building my MT410 2.0 and got to run it today.

Of all the bodies I had lying around, this one looked the best:

Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 11.01.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 11.01.19 PM.png

Truth be told, the MT410 2.0 dimensions are sort of in between 10th and 8th scale, so nothing really fits just right (so far).

Bad news: this body only lasted half a run (it is was from a Granite Mega, and those bodies are made of the same stuff that Pringles are made of). It took one flip for the entire body to shatter. When I picked the truck back up, there was literally one big shard of "lexan-Pringles-material" attached to each body pin, and the rest of the body was just lying around in pieces. So, a stronger shell is on the way.

On a positive note, this truck is absolutely amazing. Incredible driving experience. Immediately my favorite truck to drive.

Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 11.01.10 PM.png

Finished building my MT410 2.0 and got to run it today.

Of all the bodies I had lying around, this one looked the best:

View attachment 336486

View attachment 336485

Truth be told, the MT410 2.0 dimensions are sort of in between 10th and 8th scale, so nothing really fits just right (so far).

Bad news: this body only lasted half a run (it is was from a Granite Mega, and those bodies are made of the same stuff that Pringles are made of). It took one flip for the entire body to shatter. When I picked the truck back up, there was literally one big shard of "lexan-Pringles-material" attached to each body pin, and the rest of the body was just lying around in pieces. So, a stronger shell is on the way.

On a positive note, this truck is absolutely amazing. Incredible driving experience. Immediately my favorite truck to drive.

View attachment 336484
Yeah those mega bodies are super fragile.

What power system did you install?

Yeah those mega bodies are super fragile.

What power system did you install?

Hobbywing 3665 sensored motor (3200kv) and Max10 G2 esc, 13t pinion (more or less in line with recommendation in manual for 3s / 3200kv - in between 'general bashing' and 'high speed'). Motor/ESC combo provides gobs and gobs of power.

33mph on just 2s, 44 on 3s. Even on 3s I was feeling limited by space. I tried 4s for the heck of it, got to about 54mph but then couldn't keep the nose down. Not enough space to really open it up. Doesn't wheelie much at all on 3s (center diff has 100k oil), definitely wheelies on 4s.

Last edited:
Hey guys—just a quick update:

17mil hex conversion (via driveshaft change)
  • For those of you who are looking to upgrade to 17 mil hexes, there are two optional driveshafts available, taken from the EB48SL 2.0
    • TKR9589 Universal Driveshaft Set (f/r, 86mm, EB48SL 2.0, 2 pcs)
    • TKR9588 Universal Driveshaft Set (f/r, 87mm, EB48SL 2.0, 2 pcs)
  • I wondered why there is an 86mm and an 87mm version so I reached out to Tekno; here's what they said:
    • TKR9588 is recommended for the front and rear of the MT/SCT 2.0
    • TKR9589 would be an optional REAR ONLY shaft for the MT/SCT 2.0 for more rear grip
  • I have been trying out various 17 mil hexes on hand to see if I could rig any of them to fit. Nothing worked. I would suggest waiting until Tekno or M2C come out with a 17 mil conversion kit if you plan on using the stock driveshafts/ stub axles. That said, the EB48SL 2.0 does look beefier. If anyone is interested, I'll measure the hole for the pin size—it may be 2.5 mil instead of 2 mil. Let me know.
I'm curious to know why a longer driveshaft in the rear would provide more grip. Does it have something to do with "plunge depth?" Do you know, @razorrc?

Servo Horn
  • About the servo horn part number that I shared (it works with a "taller" standard-sized servo), I provided the wrong part number
  • Here is the correct one HSS20AG (link to purchase on Amazon)
  • The servo I'm using is a Promodeler DS415BLHV (for my SCT 410 2.0) (link to purchase on Promodeler website)
  • I was going to try out a Promodeler DS490BLHV, but I will use that on my MT 410 2.0 build instead.

Question:
Will the sct 410 2.0 accept 40 mm motors?

Edit:
Matthew from Tekno answered this question already, last month on rctech.net.
It will fit up to 42 mm motors. The smallest pinions may cause clearance issues.

Last edited:
It appears that it can albeit, I haven't tried it. That said, a 40mm motor may not fit in the MT based on its length. Watch Razor's YT video titled
"Tekno MT410 2.0 Build and First Run - Best 1/10 RC Monster Truck" and start the video at minute 1:32. You'll see he's running a 3665 motor and there is barely any room for the sensor wire. If I had to guess, a 4070 motor would fit, but it may need to be non-sensored, depending on how far forward you can mount your ESC (and the size of the ESC, of course).

With regard to the SCT version, per your question, it does have a longer chassis and more room for a longer motor.

When I build my MT, I'll try a 40mm can and will let you know, albeit, I'm not sure if you need a 40mm can for this truck. I think a 3660/ 65 will make plenty of power. You could fit a 3670 if you want even more power. In terms of KV, I have four motors that I'm going to try—Castle's 3660 (3200kv) which can run on 3 or 4s, Castle's 2400kv (also can run 3 or 4s), and then Hobbywing's 3665 (2400kv) which can run 3 or 4s, and then Hobbywing's 3665 (3200kv) which can only run up to 3s.

Hope this helps!

I would imagine a good 36xx should provide plenty of power? I guess it should be expected that someone would want to stick a 40xx in there?😉 My concern would be driveline longevity. The v1 MT410 is plenty for 4s, apparently 6s too, though I only tried it once, the battery compartment is too small (IMO), I did bend front cvds, but that wasn't likely from over powering but just bad landings.

It appears that it can albeit, I haven't tried it. That said, a 40mm motor may not fit in the MT based on its length. Watch Razor's YT video titled
"Tekno MT410 2.0 Build and First Run - Best 1/10 RC Monster Truck" and start the video at minute 1:32. You'll see he's running a 3665 motor and there is barely any room for the sensor wire. If I had to guess, a 4070 motor would fit, but it may need to be non-sensored, depending on how far forward you can mount your ESC (and the size of the ESC, of course).

With regard to the SCT version, per your question, it does have a longer chassis and more room for a longer motor.

When I build my MT, I'll try a 40mm can and will let you know, albeit, I'm not sure if you need a 40mm can for this truck. I think a 3660/ 65 will make plenty of power. You could fit a 3670 if you want even more power. In terms of KV, I have four motors that I'm going to try—Castle's 3660 (3200kv) which can run on 3 or 4s, Castle's 2400kv (also can run 3 or 4s), and then Hobbywing's 3665 (2400kv) which can run 3 or 4s, and then Hobbywing's 3665 (3200kv) which can only run up to 3s.

Hope this helps!
I have both a MambaX and 1415 2400kv motor and an MMX6S with a 1512 2650kv motor, currently in two Slashes. I love the power and speed that 2650kv puts out on 3S. The 2400kv is a bit tamer but has longer run time. It's probably more a 4S motor, but i am not trying a Slash on 4S.
I was looking at the 410.3, because i expect it to have a better build quality. But they were unavailable.
The Slashes run fine, but are sloppy rattle cans.
I just want to experience a quality kit this time.
I would imagine a good 36xx should provide plenty of power? I guess it should be expected that someone would want to stick a 40xx in there?😉 My concern would be driveline longevity. The v1 MT410 is plenty for 4s, apparently 6s too, though I only tried it once, the battery compartment is too small (IMO), I did bend front cvds, but that wasn't likely from over powering but just bad landings.
I asked because i have the CC 1512 motor, which i believe is a 4068 motor. I like that motor in a Slash. I figured it would be a nice motor for a Tekno sct. I can run that motor pack after pack without ever worrying about heat and still have decent speed.

Last edited:
Totally agree. I paid $320 for mine last year.
Yeah that 1.0 MT410 List price of $370. was an old price going back like 6+ years. Got spoiled with that one. Many deals were available. I got a coupon code for my mine back when also. V1.0 MT410 was always a well regarded sleeper basher.
New 2.0 one is a different animal now. Price and all considering what you get, yet its become a smaller true 1/10 size that it is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back