Horizon Hobby Black Friday specials?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking and holding out. I doubt any of this will be reduced but a Mojave, Infraction body, Kraton arms and bones and hubs on my top list. Otherwise, I could use more tools, nut drivers, diff fluids, paint maybe, lipos
The top stuff that isn't the truck itself will probably have to come from Jenny but I'm waiting to see just in case.

14 vehicles just dropped from the pre-black friday sale. Was 47 products, now 33
They run the sales to prompt interest. They only sell x amount of units at that "crazy price". They need to get you to their site. So you spend your money with them. Black Friday Deals are a marketing strategy. For Impulsive buying. Doesn't mean you can't get a great deal. But They are usually limited. They are not going to blow out their inventory at a loss. They just want to trim it down and get you to the site or store. Then you find deals real late near X-mas. They will pop up again. Some stores will say they sold out. But they really didn't. The next day they have surprise inventory at the higher price. This creates a demand for the product. Caveat Emptor, Buyer beware.
A store's bottom line profit is determined and forcasted by the holiday season. They make the bulk of their yearly revenue at this time. Hence Black Friday deals. The start of the Holiday shopping season.

Last edited:
They run the sales to prompt interest. They only sell x amount of units at that "crazy price". They need to get you to their site. So you spend your money with them. Black Friday Deals are a marketing strategy. For Impulsive buying. Doesn't mean you can't get a great deal. But They are usually limited. They are not going to blow out their inventory at a loss. They just want to trim it down and get you to the site or store. Then you find deals real late near X-mas. They will pop up again. Some stores will say they sold out. But they really didn't. The next day they have surprise inventory at the higher price. This creates a demand for the product. Caveat Emptor, Buyer beware.

Exactly that simple. It's why gas prices and now milk (around here) are so competitive at convenience stores. There is no margin to speak of on gas and milk is the new one. They want you in to buy overpriced beer, candy, soft drinks, prepared foods, tobacco, etc.
That Vaterra 72 Suburban could be a fun project imo. Also might be a good time to try a rtf airplane.

There are mostly NO rain checks with BF deals. They know that many will want that lower price when stock comes back. In reality, Inventory was in place many many months ago. The store advertises a crazy deal and then says oh we are sold out because we sold fast at that price. Its BS. They limit the inventory at deal pricing and create the demand when they say we sold out "at that price". You end up paying more than in the middle of August sometimes. This applies to everything, Not just RC stuff.

There are mostly NO rain checks with BF deals. They know that many will want that lower price when stock comes back. In reality, Inventory was in place many many months ago. The store advertises a crazy deal and then says oh we are sold out because we sold fast at that price. Its BS. They limit the inventory at deal pricing and create the demand when they say we sold out "at that price". You end up paying more than in the middle of August sometimes. This applies to everything, Not just RC stuff.

That’s messed up. But doesn’t surprise me. I normally avoid Black Friday shopping entirely. But I am planning a build so I have a few things on my list.

I'm looking and holding out. I doubt any of this will be reduced but a Mojave, Infraction body, Kraton arms and bones and hubs on my top list. Otherwise, I could use more tools, nut drivers, diff fluids, paint maybe, lipos
The top stuff that isn't the truck itself will probably have to come from Jenny but I'm waiting to see just in case.
Gotta love Jenny's.(y)

On big sites like Amazon, I've scored pretty well. Especially for small companies that Amazon has recently bought out. If we need stuff like wireless security cams or Amazon branded electronics, it's worth checking. Obviously tvs and stuff that are cheap already.
Walmart is constantly trying to compete with Amazon so I just picked up a 4k 120hz 43" TCL to use as a monitor in place of multi-monitor system, well reviewed for $219 and didn't even wait til BF. If it shows up cheaper, I'll return and buy it again.

If they show a brushless ProBoat branded RC watercraft, I may pull the trigger on one there too. Usually already less expensive in the winter. ProBoat makes some good ones and I work on a small lake that is very slow during the summer. I'd be pumped to pick up a deal on a rippin fast one that I could have lipos already on-hand.

On big sites like Amazon, I've scored pretty well. Especially for small companies that Amazon has recently bought out. If we need stuff like wireless security cams or Amazon branded electronics, it's worth checking. Obviously tvs and stuff that are cheap already.
Walmart is constantly trying to compete with Amazon so I just picked up a 4k 120hz 43" TCL to use as a monitor in place of multi-monitor system, well reviewed for $219 and didn't even wait til BF. If it shows up cheaper, I'll return and buy it again.
You could have got the 55” for under $200 ?

Exactly that simple. It's why gas prices and now milk (around here) are so competitive at convenience stores. There is no margin to speak of on gas and milk is the new one. They want you in to buy overpriced beer, candy, soft drinks, prepared foods, tobacco, etc.
That Vaterra 72 Suburban could be a fun project imo. Also might be a good time to try a rtf airplane.
That Vaterra looks nice, but as far as Crawlers go it is not a real contender. It was a very slow seller. But at that price it is inviting for me also. I have 3 Crawlers already. 2 Are Class 2 , one is just a mutt. They are all fun though, as slow as they are. If you are not climbing any rocks, or trail hiking with them, they get boring real fast. I was bored when I got my first one and realized their specific purpose. The Vaterra is considered very long. Not much aftermarket support. Beautiful body though. Not true to scale as Crawlers try to emulate actual dimensions. But it is a Licensed body. That adds some value.
I was eyeing it also. It is steeply discounted.:)

Last edited:
That Vaterra looks nice, but as far as Crawlers go it is not a real contender. It was a very slow seller. But at that price it is inviting for me also. I have 3 Crawlers already 2 Are Class 2 , one is just a mutt. They are all fun though, as slow as they are. If you are not climbing any rocks, or trail hiking with them, they get boring real fast. I was bored when I got my first one and realized their specific purpose. The Vaterra is considered very long. Not much aftermarket support. Beautiful body though. Not true to scale though as Crawlers try to emulate actual dimensions.
I was eyeing it also. It is steeply discounted.:)

10-4. I got bored just imagining driving it. $199 caught my eye, like the look and licensed body, reviews nice. If I could make it fast it would be fun for a minute. We don't even have rocks here so I'd have to make a course in the back. Maybe strap a feed bag on to pull the hens around.

10-4. I got bored just imagining driving it. $199 caught my eye, like the look and licensed body, reviews nice. If I could make it fast it would be fun for a minute. We don't even have rocks here so I'd have to make a course in the back. Maybe strap a feed bag on to pull the hens around.
I have a small rock garden that I had for years. I redesigned it for my crawlers. To make them go fast, be prepared to drop some coin for new ESC and motor. Can be done. Understand you can drop a grand into Crawlers real easy. But if you like to tinker and fabricate your own stuff, it is a whole new world of RC'ing. But because they are slow, they don't break like our bashers do. bearings and all last so long.

I have a small rock garden that I had for years. I redesigned it for my crawlers. To make them go fast, be prepared to drop some coin for new ESC and motor. Can be done. Understand you can drop a grand into Crawlers real easy. But if you like to tinker and fabricate your own stuff, it is a whole new world of RC'ing. But because they are slow, they don't break like our bashers do. bearings and all last so long.

Where's the Redcat Gen8 Scout 2 for a deal? I could do this for $199 haha

If they show a brushless ProBoat branded RC watercraft, I may pull the trigger on one there too. Usually already less expensive in the winter. ProBoat makes some good ones and I work on a small lake that is very slow during the summer. I'd be pumped to pick up a deal on a rippin fast one that I could have lipos already on-hand.
Proboat, Is no joke. I was eying that one also. And a great price Wifey put my 2 boats in the trash. One was brand new. I got the second one for my son, so we could boat together at a local man made pond. I may buy 2 of them. I kept insisting that wifey replace them. Been 3 years now, and waiting. But thats is another story. I lock up all my stuff now. Every single posession of mine. Wife likes to taunt me. Some people are just born nasty with a lot of baggage. I just married one with heavy baggage. I don't carry her baggage any more.:LOL: But I do want two Proboats. That was a deal.(y)

Last edited:
Under 200 or under 300? Either way, a 55"tv is bigger than my house
4D371307-F6A7-40DC-8DF7-9AB28CCB8AF5.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back