Granite Hot Racing Shock Bodies - Now Available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They tend to only turn out so much product, and then move on for a while. They'll start up again, just keep an eye on em. It might be a few weeks though.

Local hobby shop says they’ll have some in stock next week. We’ll see??

Anyone know where to find these hot racing shock bodies anymore? I just ordered a set for my BR3S a month ago and now I can’t find them anywhere online. I want another set for the granite I’m building, but they’re out of stock everywhere.
Ussualy on ebay
Maybe they discontinued it I can only see the 4s ones on stock

I don’t seem them either
Horizon hobby has them. Online. ??
After a few packs, they are awesome!

No leaks and super consistent performance. Very easy to dial in your ride height and make quick adjustments.

No complaints so far!
Hey aimless and others who are running these...Still no leaks? I'm trying to decide between these HR bodies (45$) or should I go with the 6s typhon shocks? (70$) any advice guys?

Personally i bought the hot racing shocks and i was not satisfied i had silver paint oil coming out when i bleed the shock flsuhed the dsm thing 5-6 times and i had enough even with a remplacement same thing idk what the fk is up with them. I got the typhon shocks and they are smooth like idk how to describe it lol you can buy actual spare parts for them thi the hot racing does not. I used the stock 4s springs rear and front the rear is a little bit stiff but thats what i wanted and the front is smooth like butter
Horizon hobby has them. Online. ??

Hey aimless and others who are running these...Still no leaks? I'm trying to decide between these HR bodies (45$) or should I go with the 6s typhon shocks? (70$) any advice guys?
If you don't care having metal stuff on your oil and doesn't affect the performance get the hot raving shocks idk if they have the same problem as the 4s shocks they make. So i cant really tell you that
But my brain would not accept to have metal in my oil specially on an hot racing r a fee check ups on my typhon shocks the oil is still clear like new and when i bleed the oil is actually completly clear

Personally i bought the hot racing shocks and i was not satisfied i had silver paint oil coming out when i bleed the shock flsuhed the dsm thing 5-6 times and i had enough even with a remplacement same thing idk what the fk is up with them. I got the typhon shocks and they are smooth like idk how to describe it lol you can buy actual spare parts for them thi the hot racing does not. I used the stock 4s springs rear and front the rear is a little bit stiff but thats what i wanted and the front is smooth like butter

If you don't care having metal stuff on your oil and doesn't affect the performance get the hot raving shocks idk if they have the same problem as the 4s shocks they make. So i cant really tell you that
But my brain would not accept to have metal in my oil specially on an hot racing r a fee check ups on my typhon shocks the oil is still clear like new and when i bleed the oil is actually completly clear
Hey thanks for the reply! Funny you replied as I was just reading your thread on your 4s HR shocks. Its funny cause aimless and a couple others seem to be really happy with the 3s ones. Maybe there is a little difference between the 3s and 4s bodies although that would seem odd in terms of build quality. Maybe I should just pony up the extra 30$ and get the big bore 6s shocks....

Hey thanks for the reply! Funny you replied as I was just reading your thread on your 4s HR shocks. Its funny cause aimless and a couple others seem to be really happy with the 3s ones. Maybe there is a little difference between the 3s and 4s bodies although that would seem odd in terms of build quality. Maybe I should just pony up the extra 30$ and get the big bore 6s shocks....
For the air in the shock i understood its always to have some degree of air inside no matter what you do but the thing with the hot racing one is that the piston hits the top of the shock and thats where the air bubbles are so when it compresses the air is going trought yout whole shstem but on the typhon shocks there is like7-10mm of clearences meaning tha the shock shaft when fully compressed doesn't hit the shock bladder at all and the air never start to cycle arround you shock but stay in the top and keep the smooth action to last
Like people say you get what you paid for
In my case i need to change the rear shafts to the talion shafts because i lost like 1 cm of ground clearance im going to gain 7mm of shock shaft travel idk if it going to hit the bladder at that point maybe
@jondilly1974 knows

Nope, no difference from the 3s to 4s line bodies besides the overall size.. manufactured the same way.. they have been great for me.. no issues at all.. but you may as well grab the 6s shocks, because the cost of stock shock shafts will bite you in the end anyway.. the 6s shocks are ok, they aren't spectacular by any means, but they will serve you well, with way less leaking, sloppy shafts and all..

Nope, no difference from the 3s to 4s line bodies besides the overall size.. manufactured the same way.. they have been great for me.. no issues at all.. but you may as well grab the 6s shocks, because the cost of stock shock shafts will bite you in the end anyway.. the 6s shocks are ok, they aren't spectacular by any means, but they will serve you well, with way less leaking, sloppy shafts and all..
Yeah I hear you. Plus i don't have to take apart and build 4 shocks which will save time. Thanks all you guys for your advice! I think I'll go with the 6s shocks. Plus I love my typhon so worth the investment. It's one of my favorite trucks for sure! Although I'm kinda regretting not just going with the 6s model at 170$ more and after buying the shocks for 70$ it's only 100$ more.

Last edited:
Looks like 6s Typhon shocks are in stock at a few places but they are $69 a set now. So now it’s looking like $140 upgrade. Amin missing something here?

If they are as good as their metal driveshafts, RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN. Honestly, I really don't like any of the HR aftermarket for the 3S line. Even the 17mm hubs have issues and the alloy for their stuff is as strong as straw.
They work as good as the person who assembled them its not hard with the bleeder screw position. The only problem I have is that they are shorter than your stock and my tires are grounded at all times

Eeeeenteresting. So, you keep the shock shaft and the lower mount/spring perch. The picture seems to have a new piston and some shaft seals as well. I can't tell for sure, but it almost looks like the pistons aren't pre-drilled with any holes. Color me curious.
That’s not a piston it’s a cap that goes on the inside of the bottom of the shock.
Hello everybody
I'm new to the hobby and forum.2 days ago I received the hot racing shock bodies and I am waiting to buy shock oil to install them. What oil do you recommend to buy? AimlessRC you are going to upload some video of the assembly? That would help me a lot.
Thanks and regards
Go to hot racing’s Facebook page they have instructions on there and I think some videos
I bought the 4s version for my outcast and couldn’t be happier they have given me no grief and have held up well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back