How to safely remove smoke smell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
I picked up a used transmitter as part of a package deal and it smells like cigarette smoke. That doesn’t usually bother me much but this thing is intense. It somehow smells more like a cigarette than an actual cigarette does.

Any ideas for removing the smell without ruining the transmitter?

Take the transmitter out in the woods and throw it near a skunk. You could also place it in a sealed zip lock bag when running. Finally, just wear a respirator when using it. Lots of remedies. Hope this helps.

Put 3 or 4 cups of white rice in a 1gallon ziploc bag & place your tx in there with the rice. That should be big enough to hold your transmitter. Seal it up.

Let it sit for a few days.
That should draw out all the smell..

Then throw the rice out into a lake to feed the catfishes.. Don't waste food! Recycled it naturally.

Give it a good rub down with naptha, then leave it outside for a day or two
Give it a good rub down with naptha, then leave it outside for a day or two
I should also add - if you can disassemble before doing this, it would help. Is the wheel grip rubber or foam? If so, the smell won't come out of that part.

I picked up a used transmitter as part of a package deal and it smells like cigarette smoke. That doesn’t usually bother me much but this thing is intense. It somehow smells more like a cigarette than an actual cigarette does.

Any ideas for removing the smell without ruining the transmitter?
Vinegar. I use the standard strength for all sorts of cleaning and odor removal. Safe and effective, as long as you don’t mind smelling like a pickle for a little bit. I use industrial 20-45% strength for cleaning rocks. Gets limestone/calcium deposits off agate and other chalcedonys real quick. Cleans the hell out of the bathroom also.

I would start with putting Radio in a gallon zip lock bag and a bunch a dryer sheets and seal it up for a few days. Test and repeat until it kills that nasty nicotine odor.

I would start with putting Radio in a gallon zip lock bag and a bunch a dryer sheets and seal it up for a few days. Test and repeat until it kills that nasty nicotine odor.

Use the scented ones...
Make it smell like a field of lavender.
Essential Oils Lavender GIF by Young Living Essential Oils

That’s a great idea. I’ve used dryer sheets in rental home cabinets, under rugs etc to soak up odors. They work. Safe for the electrics as well.

Set it outside on nice days, the smell will fade eventually.

Not directly under sunlight or open to the elements ,of course.

Perhaps under the patio cover somewhere there's a cool breeze to help air it out faster.. all natural.

That’s a great idea. I’ve used dryer sheets in rental home cabinets, under rugs etc to soak up odors. They work. Safe for the electrics as well.
Like K bash said ☝☝, We use them to kill mail order cannabis odor. 🤪

Like K bash said ☝☝, We use them to kill mail order cannabis odor. 🤪
Yeah, someone contact me please… I’d love to test that out, living in a dry state an all 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back