HPI Quantum2 MT Flux! Finally a challenger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
Did HPI finally make a challenger to the budget bashing market? All metal drive train, strong electronics, all hex hardware, overall looks well designed. Looks like 1/12 to 1/10 size (285mm wheelbase). I'm liking the near full redesign they made off the old Quantum, it's seems to be a solid improvement. HPI is definitely trying out something new to be more relevant!
Screenshot_20240122_085051_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240122_085133_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240122_092640_Chrome.jpg

TomleyRC did a review and sent it pretty hard at the skatepark with freezing temps and it held up reasonably well!

You beat me to it. Several other reviews now too. Looks like a solid contender. From what I've seen. Of course anything breaks with enough abuse.

Any idea of the price point?
If I had to guess a competitive price, I'd say $220-250. If I had to guess a realistic price, $300ish.

If HPI is sending these out for review and not telling the reviewers the price, that makes me wonder if they are trying to test the market and see how public perception is before setting a price?

If I had to guess a competitive price, I'd say $220-250. If I had to guess a realistic price, $300ish.

If HPI is sending these out for review and not telling the reviewers the price, that makes me wonder if they are trying to test the market and see how public perception is before setting a price?
Good point. Guess we'll see.

So far this truck looks epic and it has a similar size to a granite 3s. What makes it very interesting is that it is a HCG truck so more ground clearence and more stunty. Only negative i can see so far is its a bit nose heavy and the tires are a bit undersized and barely balloon
Main features:
-metal geared diffs
- full steel drivetrain with dogbones, cups and CVDs in the front
-center slipper clutch
-extremly flexible plastics
-2-3s capable
- oil filled shocks
-14mm hex tires
-adjustable servo saver
-16kg servo
https://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/150405
Tomley bashed it very hard in freezing weather

Last edited:
Does it have aluminum hinge pin braces? I couldn’t tell and didn’t watch all the videos.

I’ve already decided I’m buying one as soon as they’re available. Just watched the newest Aussie vid, and he couldn’t break it.

I just saw that. I really like that body.
Body pretty lit ngl. Simple and great looking
Again, another company makes a 1/10 with a REAL drivetrain. The plastic in the 3s arrma does drive me mad a bit. It's 2024! At least give us a metal yoke or just make 4x4 with full exb parts.
They could have put real metal cvds. They could have put the CVD’s they made as optional for the v1 4s. They remade the CVD’s but with cheaper materials and they had to bandaid some of it with the new mojave and the v2.5 kraton and outcast. The diff gear seems to have been poorly designed and develops slop. gear should have been hardened steel to start with

Last edited:
Does it have aluminum hinge pin braces? I couldn’t tell and didn’t watch all the videos.
Idk if they are aluminum or not maybe stamped steel? Just says strong metal lol.

1706234733871.png

1706234799698.png

After watching Vas's unboxing my thoughts so far is shocks will likely be a common upgrade for this. Hopefully they went with a standard size so we can use something like Traxxas GTRs, Losi DB Pro or even Arrma 6s shocks. Steering and camber links will be common upgrades as well, those steering turnbuckles are pathetic.

Last edited:
Idk if they are aluminum or not maybe stamped steel? Just says strong metal lol.

View attachment 344714

View attachment 344715

After watching Vas's unboxing my thoughts so far is shocks will likely be a common upgrade for this. Hopefully they went with a standard size so we can use something like Traxxas GTRs, Losi DB Pro or even Arrma 6s shocks.
Shock oil seems a bit too thick

Shock oil seems a bit too thick

Doesn't matter, if those shocks are anywhere near what I think they are changing the oil isn't going to help with their shortcomings.

What are he shortcomings of them? Is there more than a piston and fluid?
They will probably leak and the shafts will likely bend. Vas pointed out that the old shocks had those issues.

Was just looking for some more videos on this truck. I was initially concerned this might have the "durability" of something like the bullet series, but it's slowly turning into me thinking it's something more like the savage xs durability.

It seems few people are finding out this is a decent skatepark basher (in italian, but the bashing is around 6:00). And if you're wondering, at the end they say that they didn't break anything.

If reviews keep panning out this well, I might end up picking one up!

Back