HPI Quantum2 MT Flux! Finally a challenger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. I remember that being an HPI selling point back in the day compared to traxxas when i first bought my bullet in like 2014 or 15.

That's cute. "Back in the day in 2014 or 15" šŸ¤£

My "back in the day" with hpi is in the 90's. I remember wanting the rs4 rally in 98 when it came out something fierce. Late 90's and early 2000's were Hpi's heyday. They were a force back then.

HPI has been 14mm hex on many of their 1/10 scale stuff for some time, before Arrma was really even in the picture. I remember that being an HPI selling point back in the day compared to traxxas when i first bought my bullet in like 2014 or 15.

But it has always been easy to find 12mm hexes for them as well, i think you can pick up a set for like $10.
I see. I never owned an HPI. I went TT MT4 back in the day when the Savage was king.. some years back I picked up a Tmaxx off ebay. I won an auction for an RC10GT that was all done up, real nice..then seller gave me a fish story about how it got run over by a 1:1 in a parking lot while "tuning" it before shipping..yeah, ok. How about this nice upgraded Tmaxx instead? I fell for it, it was a worn out turd.. I did however score some AE MGT wheels/tires along with a set of HPI Savage wheels/tires out of the deal. Problem is, they're all 14mm hex.. I have no use for 14mm.. the Tmaxx has been collecting dust for about 8 years.

I see. I never owned an HPI. I went TT MT4 back in the day when the Savage was king.. some years back I picked up a Tmaxx off ebay. I won an auction for an RC10GT that was all done up, real nice..then seller gave me a fish story about how it got run over by a 1:1 in a parking lot while "tuning" it before shipping..yeah, ok. How about this nice upgraded Tmaxx instead? I fell for it, it was a worn out turd.. I did however score some AE MGT wheels/tires along with a set of HPI Savage wheels/tires out of the deal. Problem is, they're all 14mm hex.. I have no use for 14mm.. the Tmaxx has been collecting dust for about 8 years.

How much šŸ˜…

IIRC like $125. I was stoked! An upgraded RC10GT!! Was maybe 10 years ago. I suspect the price didn't go as high as seller expectations.. the Tmaxx does have RPM arms, MIP CVDS..but also a worn out 2.5, 2 speed transmission worn out too. I stuffed a slide carb .21 in it. Mucked around with it for a while, then gave up. I have 2 90's vintage Losi GTX stadium trucks tucked away too. I'm just not interested in nitro anymore TBH.

IIRC like $125. I was stoked! An upgraded RC10GT!! Was maybe 10 years ago. I suspect the price didn't go as high as seller expectations.. the Tmaxx does have RPM arms, MIP CVDS..but also a worn out 2.5, 2 speed transmission worn out too. I stuffed a slide carb .21 in it. Mucked around with it for a while, then gave up. I have 2 90's vintage Losi GTX stadium trucks tucked away too. I'm just not interested in nitro anymore TBH.

Nah bro I meant how much you want for the tmaxx now šŸ˜…

Freakin love the gtx's. They were some darn fine stadium trucks in thier day!

Nah bro I meant how much you want for the tmaxx now šŸ˜…

Freakin love the gtx's. They were some darn fine stadium trucks in thier day!
Doh! I missed that.. LOL. Jeez, IDK. I bought a new transmission and the longer wheelbase chassis for it, so honestly, it's very usable. I even kept the 2.5 and electric start it came with. LOL. I'll take inventory, maybe grab som pics if you really want it. As to the Losi's, they were very competitive, but my bro and I were really just bashing them. He had the RC10GT, which was more durable for sure. Got quite a few NIP spares for them too..

That's cute. "Back in the day in 2014 or 15" šŸ¤£

My "back in the day" with hpi is in the 90's. I remember wanting the rs4 rally in 98 when it came out something fierce. Late 90's and early 2000's were Hpi's heyday. They were a force back then.
Hey, I can't help the fact that I didn't get into playing with hobby grade toy cars until I was a grown man :ROFLMAO:

I heard hpi rigth now is still in shambles.. they are a team of... 8 people
I've heard they're having some supply chain problems. No surprise in today's world. Given their US distributor is HRP I'm not surprised either. I've dealt directly with HRP for Corally parts, nice enough folks, not the class of the field in terms of speed though.

Hey, I can't help the fact that I didn't get into playing with hobby grade toy cars until I was a grown man :ROFLMAO:

šŸ¤£ better late then never my man.
I got my first nitro in 98. I was 12. I had a kyosho and tamiya elecs a few years earlier.
Drooled all over all sorts of rc's but couldn't afford many of them. I can and do today. Love restoring the old classics I once drooled over.

Sorry off topic a little.

Seriously?

Your showing what your really about... take it somewhere else.
Thank you, just got back from visiting Dave, at the hospital. That Eno guy gets under my skin. :mad: I feel better now.:ROFLMAO:

If I had to guess a competitive price, I'd say $220-250. If I had to guess a realistic price, $300ish.

If HPI is sending these out for review and not telling the reviewers the price, that makes me wonder if they are trying to test the market and see how public perception is before setting a price?
I think you hit the nail on the head..I've seen this done before .they already know what there production cost is . curious to know what they will sell this at..pretty nice truckšŸ˜šŸ‘

Thank you, just got back from visiting Dave, at the hospital. That Eno guy gets under my skin. :mad: I feel better now.:ROFLMAO:

I couldn't care less if someone doesn't like something. To call you out with a tag with only the intention to push buttons is childish.
Don't let em bother you. Misery loves company and he's just trying to get you on his level.

Hope Dave is well!

I couldn't care less if someone doesn't like something. To call you out with a tag with only the intention to push buttons is childish.
Don't let em bother you. Misery loves company and he's just trying to get you on his level.

Hope Dave is well!
Thank you so much for that. You just made my day. šŸ˜ . Just a little care goes a long way. My 2 dogs. Wally on the bottom, older dog, Maggie sitting on him, she is the puppy. They love each other. Ha.A little love goes a long way in this world. :cool:
20231227_095124_resized_3.jpg

Last edited:
It's definitely way more stable than a Hoss. The Hoss rolls over too easy. I feel the 14mm hex is a bad choice for HPI, Arrma too for that matter. Tire and wheel options are much better in 12mm hex size in my experience.

Thanks to Arrma 14mm hex is becoming more and more common, Proline even includes the 14mm hex with their newer tires now.

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...es-mtd-12mm-14mm-black-raid-2/PRO1012510.html

In The Box​

• (2) Pre-mounted Badlands MX28 2.8ā€ Tires on Raid Black 6x30 Removable Hex Wheels
  • (2) 6x30 to 12mm Hex Adapters (Narrow)
  • (2) 6x30 to 12mm Hex Adapters (Wide)
  • (2) 6x30 to 14mm Hex Adapters
  • (12) M3 x 12mm long SHCS hardware

Thanks to Arrma 14mm hex is becoming more and more common, Proline even includes the 14mm hex with their newer tires now.

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...es-mtd-12mm-14mm-black-raid-2/PRO1012510.html

In The Box​

• (2) Pre-mounted Badlands MX28 2.8ā€ Tires on Raid Black 6x30 Removable Hex Wheels
  • (2) 6x30 to 12mm Hex Adapters (Narrow)
  • (2) 6x30 to 12mm Hex Adapters (Wide)
  • (2) 6x30 to 14mm Hex Adapters
  • (12) M3 x 12mm long SHCS hardware
Proline is pretty poppy. Soft overpriced rubber. Only their bodies are decent because of licenced stuff. They cannot make tires same could potentially be said for louise rc and duratrax they all make soft rubber for bashers easy to tear and becomes pizza cutters. I find 14mm hex the middle ground between 17mm hex sized tires and 12mm.

Proline is pretty poppy. Soft overpriced rubber. Only their bodies are decent because of licenced stuff. They cannot make tires same could potentially be said for louise rc and duratrax they all make soft rubber for bashers easy to tear and becomes pizza cutters. I find 14mm hex the middle ground between 17mm hex sized tires and 12mm.

I've never had issues with my Proline tires, their bodies every single one has cracked on the first pack though.

Back