HPI Quantum2 MT Flux! Finally a challenger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the same as the stock Arrma tires imho.
No the arrma tires are hard and berely ballon. The proline just expand to pizza size. My typhon 3s with mx28 became so stunty felt so unnatural and odd to drive. Felt like if i put 8s tires on my kraton. Their tires are 90$ a pair here same for louise tires. On amazon the copperheads and backflips are 40$ a pair..

Thanks to Arrma 14mm hex is becoming more and more common, Proline even includes the 14mm hex with their newer tires now.

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...es-mtd-12mm-14mm-black-raid-2/PRO1012510.html

In The Box​

• (2) Pre-mounted Badlands MX28 2.8” Tires on Raid Black 6x30 Removable Hex Wheels
  • (2) 6x30 to 12mm Hex Adapters (Narrow)
  • (2) 6x30 to 12mm Hex Adapters (Wide)
  • (2) 6x30 to 14mm Hex Adapters
  • (12) M3 x 12mm long SHCS hardware
I didn't mean there's anything wrong with 14mm, actually stronger than 12mm I'd have to guess. Just that it has been unpopular.. maybe that's changing, which would be better for 3s big tire MT's I would think.
🤣 better late then never my man.
I got my first nitro in 98. I was 12. I had a kyosho and tamiya elecs a few years earlier.
Drooled all over all sorts of rc's but couldn't afford many of them. I can and do today. Love restoring the old classics I once drooled over.

Sorry off topic a little.
FWIW I wasn't saying the Tmaxx is a turd, the Tmaxx I bought was worn out, which is why I called it a turd..I hadn't anticipated that. For the money I paid, I should have expected as much.. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
No the arrma tires are hard and berely ballon. The proline just expand to pizza size. My typhon 3s with mx28 became so stunty felt so unnatural and odd to drive. Felt like if i put 8s tires on my kraton. Their tires are 90$ a pair here same for louise tires. On amazon the copperheads and backflips are 40$ a pair..

My Proline tires are the same as Arrmas they don't balloon any more or any less. My MX28 never ballooned on my 3s Typhon. Hell they are on my Slashpede 4x4 that has an Arrma BLX100 motor in it and they don't balloon on it either.

I've always been satisfied by Prolines tires. Heck, I have some 2.2 ST tires from the 90's that are still good. I think Arrma rtr tires are amongst the best, for rtr that is, wheels too. Paying retail for them is a bit steep though. Kit breakers aren't as cheap as they used to be either, which makes Proline look more appealing to me. HH killing off the Durtrax line really hurt IMO. Those bassturds!! Weird that Louise RC seems to still be available abroad though? I see Duratrax came out with the war machines, or whatever they're called..ala Proline removable hex style. Maybe they're good, but where's the six packs, hatchets and other nice meaty treads gone? Why? Bassturds!!

😅

Yes, German hobby stores are flooded with Louise RC tires. I am not a fan of 'em...they are cheap for a reason...
I understand that. They're great for stock power on a budget I think. Not for everyone though. 👍The wheels tend to be weak, rubber is decent. I really liked the truggy "race" tires on dished wheels at $30-35 per pair..but, they're all gone in the US now.

We will see if they hammered out the kinks. Just interesting to see them releasing the brushed versions first. Haven't seen any brushed reviews either which is odd.
Neither could I .if I were to get one it would definitely have to be brushless..my days with brushed motors are over ..

Brushless ones have arrived, can be couponed and in my favorite tacky color.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/maveri...10-rtr-monster-truck-green-mvk150406/p1528353

1710973663237.png

I think its interesting that they went 14" wide, going to be one of the widest short wheel base trucks.

@razorrc How close in size is it to a MT10, granite and that new stampede?

Quantum Flux 2

Specification:
Length: 475mm
Width: 355mm
Height: 195mm
Wheelbase: 285mm

MT10

Length:507mm (19.96in)
Width:325mm (12.8in)
Wheelbase:285mm (11.22in)

Granite

Product Length 18.74" (476 mm)
Product Width 13.46" (342 mm)
Wheelbase 11.3" (287 mm)

On paper they are all about the same wheelbase and length, I think the MT10 shows longer because they include the wheelie bar in their measurement, with the Quantum being the widest of the 3.

Back