HPI Baja 5b Flux has finally arrived in the US.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KnowAir

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
I got a notification from RC Hobby explosion that it's finally here.. only 4 available when I saw it.
I love the rig, but it's out of my reach..
https://rchobbyexplosion.com/hpi-ra...gy-sbk-with-clear-body-no-electronics-160324/

Screenshot_20230524-115430_Samsung Internet.jpg

This was my first 5th scale rc back in early 2000. Only available as a 23cc rtr gas Chung yang motor. Shortly there after came out with 26, 29, 30.5 and Zen 32 motors and then the 5T truck version which was my favorite. Overall chassis and parts do not look like they changed.
This is not a basher. Will not take nearly the abuse these aarma rigs will.

Last edited:
An $800 dollar roller that I don't get to build, another 5-6-7 hundred in electronics for a 2wd electric buggy. Hard PASS for me.
Not a roller. It's a scratch build according to the manual, which is cool.

I'm with you on the price though. I would probably buy at $500.

I can imagine it's a niche vehicle being 2wd. I can only imagine how hard it would be to drive with max spec electronics, LOL.

Beautiful rig! I wish I had the funds for one right now. I would throw my stock dbxl electronic right in. Cool you get to build the kit too. I don't think the price is too bad considering most of my track cars (Tekno's) kits cost $6xx for 1/8 scale. It's definitely a niche market.

Beautiful rig! I wish I had the funds for one right now. I would throw my stock dbxl electronic right in. Cool you get to build the kit too. I don't think the price is too bad considering most of my track cars (Tekno's) kits cost $6xx for 1/8 scale. It's definitely a niche market.
I've never owned an HPI. I sure have heard the legendary tales of the Savage though..
Seems like they're priced a bit high acrossed the line these days. Not saying they're not worth it but, at this point, after their hiatus from the market, IDK. Then there's the parts train.. they seem pretty hard to source. At least in the US.

Not a roller. It's a scratch build according to the manual, which is cool.

I'm with you on the price though. I would probably buy at $500.
I had a OG gasser. They are nuttier than squirrel poop. They are good for straight whole shots if they have traction. Without traction these spin out quite easily. With a powerful BL system in this unit on dirt will be a handful to control. They jump like a tank, no air control etc. It’s just a big fukin slow RC and with only 2wd, good luck. I did my time already, can’t wait to read all the bitching 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back