HPI Vorza Truggy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
This thing looks really interesting. It is a truggy version of the HPI Vorza Flux buggy which was based off the Hot Bodies D8. This looks to use D8T a arms and driveshafts but I would have to see the parts diagram to confirm. My e converted D8T is a tank and drives like it is on rails. Now I will have an option to get a new chassis for my D8T since the previous owner did such a hack job with the e conversion.

The Vorza S Truggy Flux https://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/160182

The Vorza Truggy Flux https://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/160181

The Vorza Truggy Nitro https://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/160180

This thing looks really interesting. It is a truggy version of the HPI Vorza Flux buggy which was based off the Hot Bodies D8. This looks to use D8T a arms and driveshafts but I would have to see the parts diagram to confirm. My e converted D8T is a tank and drives like it is on rails. Now I will have an option to get a new chassis for my D8T since the previous owner did such a hack job with the e conversion.

I mean "Truggy" is the hot word in RC, i feel like (6s, 1/8 scale, etc). So it's not a surprise that HPI would want to jump on that. But i'm happy to see HPI putting out new products regardless. If it's even loosely related to the vorza, i'm sure it will be competitive in this market.

EDIT: price remains to be seen though... :p

I mean "Truggy" is the hot word in RC, i feel like (6s, 1/8 scale, etc). So it's not a surprise that HPI would want to jump on that. But i'm happy to see HPI putting out new products regardless. If it's even loosely related to the vorza, i'm sure it will be competitive in this market.

EDIT: price remains to be seen though... :p
Based off the Vorza Flux buggy being $630 I am willing to bet the Vorza S Truggy Flux will be around $700-$730 do to the 7075 aluminum bits, the Vorza Truggy Flux and the Vorza Truggy Nitro will most likely be priced somewhere between the two.

got 2 vorzas good cars but not as good as my arrma cars

got 2 vorzas good cars but not as good as my arrma cars
I liked my Vorza the only things I had problems with were the rear body mounts, Idk how many of those I had to replace. Other than one wing mount and those rear body mounts I never had any problems with it.

I liked my Vorza the only things I had problems with were the rear body mounts, Idk how many of those I had to replace. Other than one wing mount and those rear body mounts I never had any problems with it.
I modded my rear body mount. used to break front and rear hubs all the time till I upgraded them to aluminium also bent the rear centre dog bone quite a lot but used to launch it so was expected really

Based off the Vorza Flux buggy being $630 I am willing to bet the Vorza S Truggy Flux will be around $700-$730 do to the 7075 aluminum bits, the Vorza Truggy Flux and the Vorza Truggy Nitro will most likely be priced somewhere between the two.
I'm guess I'm just curious who will actually buy this--besides maybe HPI fanboys like myself. Back in the day, the Savage guys would say that HPI was the best for durability for bashing. But as of late, I don't think anyone is flocking to HPI because of "renowned bashing durability". From what I can tell, the goto's in the 1/8 scale truggy would be traxxas and arrma (depending on what crowd you're in), smatterings of race spec stuff used for bashing (TA/Tekno/Losi), and maybe the growing crowd for corally, hobao, etc. It's definitely a crowded segment, dunno if that's for the better or worse for HPI. Based on the pricing of the current Savage though, i'd be nervous they'd price themselves out of the majority of the market. If there are many tested brands out there with good reputation, why would a newcomer try the HPI?

FWIW, i think the design looks pretty good (and by that i mean typical--it's a pretty straight forward recipe). 4mm 7075 chassis from the vorza is a great start. I like that they kept C-blocks. The shocks towers don't look super thick, but it's hard to tell from the pictures. Is there anything that would set this apart?

Is this something you can bash or is it fragile?

Is this something you can bash or is it fragile?
Long story short yes you can bash them, they are as fragile as any Arrma in certain areas but stronger in others. Before HPI filed for bankruptcy the HPI Vorza Flux was the top dog when it came to rtr brushless buggies.

the vorza has really good diffs and chassis out the box so that's a good starting point. the thing I like about arrma is you can upgrade just about any weak point on there cars. I used to bend the shock towers quite easy as well on the vorza so just doubled them up. mite buy one just depends on the price really

the vorza has really good diffs and chassis out the box so that's a good starting point. the thing I like about arrma is you can upgrade just about any weak point on there cars. I used to bend the shock towers quite easy as well on the vorza so just doubled them up. mite buy one just depends on the price really

Hopefully with HPI back in full force we will start to see aftermarket companies bring out some more hop up parts.

Mine started it's life as a $150 find in the rctech classifieds. https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...nversion-now-with-vorza-chassis.125839/page-3
I have all the parts on hand to convert mine back and forth from truggy to buggy.
This is when it was a Vorza.
20200429_211457.jpg

Right now it is sitting as a D8Te again.

20220602_004346.jpg

Now this is some fantastic news! Wonder how many parts will be compatible with the Vorza/Apache. So amped!

Now this is some fantastic news! Wonder how many parts will be compatible with the Vorza/Apache. So amped!
The only new parts appear to be the chassis, the rear center driveshaft, wheels, tires, shock towers(the front shock tower on the S looks like it is a D8T front shock tower), plastic shocks and the front bumper. Everything else is either parts from the Vorza buggy or parts from the D8T, a arms and driveshafts are D8T. I wish they would have updated the driveshafts they are a bit on the thin side.
I'm guess I'm just curious who will actually buy this--besides maybe HPI fanboys like myself. Back in the day, the Savage guys would say that HPI was the best for durability for bashing. But as of late, I don't think anyone is flocking to HPI because of "renowned bashing durability". From what I can tell, the goto's in the 1/8 scale truggy would be traxxas and arrma (depending on what crowd you're in), smatterings of race spec stuff used for bashing (TA/Tekno/Losi), and maybe the growing crowd for corally, hobao, etc. It's definitely a crowded segment, dunno if that's for the better or worse for HPI. Based on the pricing of the current Savage though, i'd be nervous they'd price themselves out of the majority of the market. If there are many tested brands out there with good reputation, why would a newcomer try the HPI?

FWIW, i think the design looks pretty good (and by that i mean typical--it's a pretty straight forward recipe). 4mm 7075 chassis from the vorza is a great start. I like that they kept C-blocks. The shocks towers don't look super thick, but it's hard to tell from the pictures. Is there anything that would set this apart?
Shock towers are only 4mm thick same as the Vorza Flux buggy.

The only new parts appear to be the chassis, the rear center driveshaft, wheels, tires, shock towers(the front shock tower on the S looks like it is a D8T front shock tower), plastic shocks and the front bumper. Everything else is either parts from the Vorza buggy or parts from the D8T, a arms and driveshafts are D8T.

Is this a kit or does hpi sell stuff already put together?

The only new parts appear to be the chassis, the rear center driveshaft, wheels, tires, shock towers(the front shock tower on the S looks like it is a D8T front shock tower), plastic shocks and the front bumper. Everything else is either parts from the Vorza buggy or parts from the D8T, a arms and driveshafts are D8T. I wish they would have updated the driveshafts they are a bit on the thin side.

Does HPI know how to do thick driveshafts??? (obviously they did with the savage)
Realistically, (i've never launched my HPI) i've only had issues with driveshaft pins breaking, not the actual shaft itself.
Is this a kit or does hpi sell stuff already put together?
That would be appealing for sure. But based on profit margins, that's not going to happen. They'll likely make more money by selling the RTR all together.

Does HPI know how to do thick driveshafts??? (obviously they did with the savage)
Realistically, (i've never launched my HPI) i've only had issues with driveshaft pins breaking, not the actual shaft itself.

That would be appealing for sure. But based on profit margins, that's not going to happen. They'll likely make more money by selling the RTR all together.
Well technically the original car this was based off of was made by Hot Bodies for racing so they used thin driveshafts and those were just carried over into the rtr cars.

I feel like I need one of these, the only question is... nitro or electric?

I feel like I need one of these, the only question is... nitro or electric?
I would say the Nitro but it has plastic shocks and no 7075 bits like the S Flux.

Back