Kraton I can't figure this out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I've looked around and found a similar thread, but there wasn't an answer that fit my issue. I get a grinding gear noise whenever I brake or reverse. It didn't happen stock, only since I changed the diff oil in all three diffs. I thought it was the rear, so I rebuilt it today and took it out just to hear the same noise. It sounds like it's coming from the pinion? The gear mesh seems ok though?

"Running"
"Running"
Gear mesh

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_035649.jpg
    IMG_20200321_035649.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
You said it still made the sound without the rear diff in? Take out the front diff and see if it still makes the same noise.

That is a bad pinion/crown gear. May not have been shimmed correctly after rebuilding or an on power landing. What weight diff fluids did you use?

That is a bad pinion/crown gear. May not have been shimmed correctly after rebuilding or an on power landing. What weight diff fluids did you use?

I'm embarrassed to say this started before I've even jumped it. 500k in the center, 30K in the front and 10K in the rear (now). I haven't opened the center again but the rear was fine. The sound seems to be coming from the center.

I'm embarrassed to say this started before I've even jumped it. 500k in the center, 30K in the front and 10K in the rear (now).
Don't be embarrassed. I have gone through a couple sets. But I would look at your crown gears real close. I am sure you will find some wear Mark's. You can buy a whole bulkhead, diff and everything on jennyrc for around $40 simple easy fix. Order it and just keep on running it until it goes out completely. It's all going to get changed eventually.

Rear diff. It wasn't inserted into the housing properly. I'm glad I didn't have to blow the damn thing to figure it out. If you can't find damage to any of the gears just push the damn thing in like you mean it and rotate the wheels to make sure it's seated properly before you seal it up. Problem solved. Thanks for the assistance folks!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back