I DID IT!! Castle 800kv sensored system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickRR

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hello everyone fairly new to the Forum. Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe and enjoying their Hobby. I ordered up the Mamba X 8s and 800 KV sensored system today I get it next month. I have read and seen many good things and very little bad about this system. If you know any tips or setups please let me know. I also believe the Telemetry link for the Spectrum system that castle has will work on my sr61000at receiver and work well with my dx5c smart transmitter. If any of you have the system in your kraton 8s please chime in with any tips or tricks that you know may help me out. Including what you may be running for pinion or spur gear and possibly what kind of speeds and temps are getting out of it. Thanks to all of you that share their knowledge.

Hello everyone fairly new to the Forum. Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe and enjoying their Hobby. I ordered up the Mamba X 8s and 800 KV sensored system today I get it next month. I have read and seen many good things and very little bad about this system. If you know any tips or setups please let me know. I also believe the Telemetry link for the Spectrum system that castle has will work on my sr61000at receiver and work well with my dx5c smart transmitter. If any of you have the system in your kraton 8s please chime in with any tips or tricks that you know may help me out. Including what you may be running for pinion or spur gear and possibly what kind of speeds and temps are getting out of it. Thanks to all of you that share their knowledge.
Hope you bought some 50T+ pinions to go with it ??‍♂️ 800kv is gonna be slowwwwww

I also got an email back from RPM today letting me know that they're kraton 8s line will be out within the next month to month and a half
Hope you bought some 50T+ pinions to go with it ??‍♂️ 800kv is gonna be slowwwwww
I had the Spectrum 780 KV motor in it running off stock ESC with 44 tooth pinion and was hitting 63 on the road and 54 in the grass that's plenty fast enough for me I figured the new system should be even better I just had too many problems with that 780 motor trying to get it to go off the line

:unsure::rolleyes:

tenor.gif

I also got an email back from RPM today letting me know that they're kraton 8s line will be out within the next month to month and a half

I had the Spectrum 780 KV motor in it running off stock ESC with 44 tooth pinion and was hitting 63 on the road and 54 in the grass that's plenty fast enough for me I figured the new system should be even better I just had too many problems with that 780 motor trying to get it to go off the line

Was this GPS'd speed? I have 1:1 (34P/34S) gearing in my K8s with the MMX8s and the 2028 sensored 800kv, off the line the sensored motor is so smooth, you'll like it, you probably won't get more speed without changing gearing.

Was this GPS'd speed? I have 1:1 (34P/34S) gearing in my K8s with the MMX8s and the 2028 sensored 800kv, off the line the sensored motor is so smooth, you'll like it, you probably won't get more speed without changing gearing.
Yes that was GPS speed. I'm running a stock spur and that is 47t. I also have a 39 tooth spool gear out of the Limitless that would work as a spurl on the kraton 8s. But I have never put that on because I'm liking how it's running right now except for my problem that is off the line. Yesterday I did however go out and order the castle 800 KV sensored system. I want to be able to at least do a burner from a dead stop and with the system I have now it's not doing it. I'm done playing. LOL

Hi
When ordering online a big pinion gear for the hobbywing 800kv, how do I know its going to fit the 8mm shaft on the motor???
Thanks

Hi
When ordering online a big pinion gear for the hobbywing 800kv, how do I know its going to fit the 8mm shaft on the motor???
Thanks
Order an 8mm pinion...

Like these

I usually go with a saga Customs pinion they're awesome. I've never had a problem but I've never really used any other brands. I clicked on the link Jim Bob junior put on there and those are awesome prices temp. Does anyone know if those pinions are good?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back