I had an idea for some different body clips.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does my reply have huge letters in it quoting "I'm lucky I live near a dead air port? Did I touch something

How did just them words get so big but the others stayed small? Sorry but I don't even know how I did it.wasnt trying to.but would be cool to know how
Well other than quoting yourself I see nothing wrong with your post.

Why does my reply have huge letters in it quoting "I'm lucky I live near a dead air port? Did I touch something

How did just them words get so big but the others stayed small? Sorry but I don't even know how I did it.wasnt trying to.but would be cool to know how

Are you using a laptop? If so, does your palm or thumbs rub against the touchpad..

I sometimse would accidentally rub/touch the pad and it would be right near the 'text edit' icons and would end up Bolding or italicizing etc etc my replies or quotes..

Are you using a laptop? If so, does your palm or thumbs rub against the touchpad..

I sometimse would accidentally rub/touch the pad and it would be right near the 'text edit' icons and would end up Bolding or italicizing etc etc my replies or quotes..
I only use my phone on here.i might have touched something.just wish I knew cause it was kinda cool.

Lol I didn't mean that .the letters are big .I didn't press anything to make them big.just trying to figure out how that happened
Has to be something on your end.

season 7 telephone GIF

Did you not bold out the one sentence in his post on your reply when you quoted him?..

That's what he is talking about..

Screenshot_20230102-152646.png

Did you not bold out the one sentence in his post on your reply when you quoted him?..

That's what he is talking about..

View attachment 266881
So it wasn't me then ..lol all this time I'm going crazy how to make a sentence go big like that and still can't figure it out ..lol 😆😆 so Tex bolded that part out .I thought I did it 🤣🤣🤣 good catch
I'm still learning how to use things on here .I never used the option to insert quotes .I hate touching what I'm not used to because I don't want to mess something up..but I suppose if I don't try new things I won't learn.
At least you're Not using a Blackberry with those micro QWERTY keyboard!
I would be probably better off using them..my android sometimes sucks lol.but I suppose it's better than a flip phone and I like my 6." Screen

Last edited:
So, I've got the basic parts together for a jig. But... I've just found out that this weekend, there is a rc swap meet/jumping competition/crawling comp. I'm conflicted. I really want to get making some clips...but I want to go bashing too! What to do? I must consult the weather caterpillar!

Last edited:
So, I've got the basic parts together for a jig. But... I've just found out that this weekend, there is a rc swap meet/jumping competition/crawling comp. I'm conflicted. I really want to get making some clips...but I want to go bashing too! What to do? I must consult the weather caterpillar!

View attachment 267323

#1 Rule of ArrmaForum
Must Bash!

Geez, those certainly are some perfect radii! I think you were machining a jig earlier. Are they bent around the jig by-hand? Nice work, they look great!

Geez, those certainly are some perfect radii! I think you were machining a jig earlier. Are they bent around the jig by-hand? Nice work, they look great!
Yep, I spent a little time machining a jig. The actual bending is done by hand using the jig. Thanks!

Ok, I've got 1 guinea pig, I think another 2 or 3 would be good. Hardcore bashers need only apply! lol. No cost, just DM me.

btw, it's soooo satisfying bending those radii :love:

Last edited:
Very cool. I have access to a mill and lathe at work, but anything very-beyond basic lathe work is pretty slow and clumsy for me :)

But my little 3D printer has been a great tool, for letting ideas become CAD, and then become physical items. The prints aren't great for high-strength, but much easier for getting the geometry I want, vs using the angle grinder, drill press, and welder at home. And maybe I'll get to try designing/printing parts for RC use.

I hope you can get some good feedback on the clips!

Very cool. I have access to a mill and lathe at work, but anything very-beyond basic lathe work is pretty slow and clumsy for me :)

But my little 3D printer has been a great tool, for letting ideas become CAD, and then become physical items. The prints aren't great for high-strength, but much easier for getting the geometry I want, vs using the angle grinder, drill press, and welder at home. And maybe I'll get to try designing/printing parts for RC use.

I hope you can get some good feedback on the clips!
I totally understand. For me they are all tools to add to the toolbox. While I have spent the majority of my time with the subtractive processes, I definitely have a place for the additive processes. As long as I am proficient enough with all the available options to make an informed choice, it doesn't matter which process I use. They both have their uses and one is not inherently better than the other. Also, there is a certain satisfaction that comes from seeing your labor bear fruit. And when you make you're own parts, you are not beholden to someone else to get what you want. Start making, the more you make the easier it becomes.

Last edited:
Absolutely! It's fun, and satisfying, seeing an idea go from a concept, to something in front of you. A few years ago I designed and built a mount for my garden tractor, to mount a bucket to the front. It let me do some helpful work in the yard, distributing and smoothing 13 yards of dirt (so far). So it was about 25,000 pounds of material that I didn't have to shovel, and deal with manually :) I just sat, steered, and ran the controls. It was no Space Shuttle, but it was nice to see it come to fruition, and have it really help me out.

That was mostly cutting, drilling, and welding. But for some smaller items (winch cable retainers, etc), I designed and 3D printed those parts, which was simpler, and easier to get the dimensions I wanted. And if I break one, no big deal, just print a replacement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back