I had an idea for some different body clips.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hah, working backwards over here…:cool:

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 7.32.13 AM.png

316L stainless steel(TIG filler). Thanks.
Love the idea! One of my pet peeves with manufacturers is that they are still using tiny body clips.

Maybe look for some piano wire, it is a harder material so it's harder to work with, but it will hold it's shape better than the TIG fill will.

I'm inspired... I'm going to try some different configurations for some of my toys that I struggle the most with.

EDIT: read through the rest of the thread... You know what you're doing, carry on.

Last edited:
Love the idea! One of my pet peeves with manufacturers is that they are still using tiny body clips.

Maybe look for some piano wire, it is a harder material so it's harder to work with, but it will hold it's shape better than the TIG fill will.

I'm inspired... I'm going to try some different configurations for some of my toys that I struggle the most with.
I've got a few rolls of music wire. I went with SS because it wont rust.

Shhh, if people think that, they'll want me to do stuff, I don't wanna do stuff! lol

In that case...
Take the weekend off..
Don't even look at those silly wires ,or think about modifying your jig.

Put it on the back burner for the next 72 hours.

Last edited:
Love the idea my man!! Any remedy for bodies w/ a single post in the front like the typhon & limitless?
Josh,
I have the idea and I'm pretty sure it's workable, but.. you would need to drill out the post holes to .125" If you're alright with that I can make some test ones and send them along. It is going to leave the post thin on the sides. If all the posts are the same dia. it would leave .0875" on each side. I don't know if that is an issue.
In that case...
Take the weekend off..
Don't even look at those silly wires ,or think about modifying your jig.

But it on the back burner for the next 72 hours.
Tex,
I didn't even look at those silly wires, or something..
And I'm not modifying this jig, I need an entire another one for 2nd ops. This stuff is tough on the fingers.

I still need some more people to test them.

IMG_20230107_114543277.jpg

IMG_20230107_114716826.jpg

Hey man can you make some for the felony? I’d love to buy some. How much for 10 front and 10 rear clips for a total of 20? Can PayPal and can’t imagine shipping being too much but lmk a total.

Hey man can you make some for the felony? I’d love to buy some. How much for 10 front and 10 rear clips for a total of 20? Can PayPal and can’t imagine shipping being too much but lmk a total.
I sure can.

First thing I need is the distance between the posts(inside to inside). And if front and rear are different, the distance for each. I'll DM you on pricing after I get the sizes. A pic from the top with a ruler in the same plane as the posts would also be awesome. I can make them to different lengths and don't want to make them too long.

I sure can.

First thing I need is the distance between the posts(inside to inside). And if front and rear are different, the distance for each. I'll DM you on pricing after I get the sizes. A pic from the top with a ruler in the same plane as the posts would also be awesome. I can make them to different lengths and don't want to make them too long.
Should have found my digital caliper before I asked. Now it seems it’s on the run. I’ll post pics when I find the tool. Thanks. 😁

Ta da..all done. Here is an installation video, I recorded this 1 handed while putting them in. I removed the factory rubber retainers, I don't think I need them anymore.

And a still image of them installed.

View attachment 268121

Great work buddy!
Ingenious and Highly effective.
Love 'em 🤘

Josh,
I have the idea and I'm pretty sure it's workable, but.. you would need to drill out the post holes to .125" If you're alright with that I can make some test ones and send them along. It is going to leave the post thin on the sides. If all the posts are the same dia. it would leave .0875" on each side. I don't know if that is an issue.

Tex,
I didn't even look at those silly wires, or something..
And I'm not modifying this jig, I need an entire another one for 2nd ops. This stuff is tough on the fingers.

I still need some more people to test them.

View attachment 268044

View attachment 268045
Yep, I can definitely do that! Can't tell ya how many of those effing things I've dropped & lost in the snow already

Bro I gave up cause I couldn’t find it and then when I woke up before church I found my digital caliper. Here are the pics. They are actually the same front and rear, so I just need 10. And the measurement between the posts is 113.4mm. Please let me know how much.

View attachment 268387

View attachment 268388

View attachment 268389
Holy smokes, those post are quite far apart. Let me make one up and see how well it will work. I'll have at it this week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back