I may have to quit the hobby for now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porschetech🇬🇪

South London hooligan Living in Cali
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
As the title states I may have to quit the hobby. Unfortunately with the kids stuck in Florida with the ex, I haven’t seen my son and daughter in 2 years 😞. I have been slowly selling off the rc cars except for my infraction and the 2-3 that the kids have.

It’s now time for me to sell my 8S infraction as I need to raise funds again. I’ve been out on workers comp due to a work related injury that I sustained to my lower back - double herniated discs. Unfortunately the weekly cheques are a lot less than my regular income and bills are overwhelming.

If there’s any good news out of this, I am now focusing on a couple of ideas that should net me some nice money. As the saying goes “you need money to make money’. I recently filed a couple of patents and I’ve made 2 prototypes. Basically what I’m doing is utilising the odb2 connector in the car and making an adapter for technicians to source a power and ground point from without having to tear the car apart to get a decent power/ground.

Feedback has been great and I need capital to make at least 50 obd2 power/ground adapters. Those will be sold for initial marketing and seeing what demand will be. Nothing like this exists in the automotive field and the few techs I’ve shown it to are ready to part cash for it.

So……..what I will be selling is my 8S infraction, maybe the Ferrari and McLaren bodies, I have brand new spektrum motors and esc’s (160a 8s), wheels, clear bodies, dx5, etc etc. you can post here if you’re interested or dm me.

It’s been great getting to know you guys, but I’ll still be here. Just not active enough for now. I’m hoping this will be a temporary setback to put me in the that wealthy bracket I’d like to be in. Thanks for all the support, likes and laughs over the years. 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Sorry to hear what you are going through. I hope everything goes well for you in the future with the issues you are having. Maybe list your stuff in classifieds on here. Good luck with everything.

As the title states I may have to quit the hobby. Unfortunately with the kids stuck in Florida with the ex, I haven’t seen my son and daughter in 2 years 😞. I have been slowly selling off the rc cars except for my infraction and the 2-3 that the kids have.

It’s now time for me to sell my 8S infraction as I need to raise funds again. I’ve been out on workers comp due to a work related injury that I sustained to my lower back - double herniated discs. Unfortunately the weekly cheques are a lot less than my regular income and bills are overwhelming.

If there’s any good news out of this, I am now focusing on a couple of ideas that should net me some nice money. As the saying goes “you need money to make money’. I recently filed a couple of patents and I’ve made 2 prototypes. Basically what I’m doing is utilising the odb2 connector in the car and making an adapter for technicians to source a power and ground point from without having to tear the car apart to get a decent power/ground.

Feedback has been great and I need capital to make at least 50 obd2 power/ground adapters. Those will be sold for initial marketing and seeing what demand will be. Nothing like this exists in the automotive field and the few techs I’ve shown it to are ready to part cash for it.

So……..what I will be selling is my 8S infraction, maybe the Ferrari and McLaren bodies, I have brand new spektrum motors and esc’s (160a 8s), wheels, clear bodies, dx5, etc etc. you can post here if you’re interested or dm me.

It’s been great getting to know you guys, but I’ll still be here. Just not active enough for now. I’m hoping this will be a temporary setback to put me in the that wealthy bracket I’d like to be in. Thanks for all the support, likes and laughs over the years. 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
Best of luck Anthony. You definitely need to stick around the Forum though. No one zings me as well as you, and I'd surely miss you keeping me on my toes.

Best of luck Anthony. You definitely need to stick around the Forum though. No one zings me as well as you, and I'd surely miss you keeping me on my toes.
That’s my job. Someone has to keep you on your toes. 😂
Sorry to hear what you are going through. I hope everything goes well for you in the future with the issues you are having. Maybe list your stuff in classifieds on here. Good luck with everything.
Thank you

Good luck in your new adventures! I hope it works out for you and you get to see your kiddos soon. Life throws all kinds of sh!t at us, it's all about stayin' positive and moving forward. Wish I had money to invest in ya. Keep on truckin' brother! (y) 💪 😁 ✌️

Sorry to hear what your going threw! I understand back pain. S1toL1 lower back disc fusion, in my neck c5,c6,c7 disc fusion. All from degenerative disc disease. Had to sell my Baja 5b ss full championship ported 31.5 from esp, lots of turtle racing parts. I had to take a 3 year break. Best of luck with the ground plug investment!!! And heal fast and well😉🤝🙏

Hope you get things sorted with your family and are able to build up your RC collection again one day. Hope your invention does well. 👍

Last edited:

RC’n is like the mafia. You try to get out but they pull right back in😉

GL dude! I’ll be lurking for that next 💦💦! 😂

That's hard.. I can't imagine what it would be like to not see your kids for a few weeks let alone that extended period of time...

More power to you and to a speedy recovery.
God bless you.

If there's anything I can do to help in your 3D CAD design or rapid prototyping ,please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

You sound like a great young man with his priorities in line. Self and family first. Hope your business venture pans out but remember that " wealthy bracket" is often over rated.
I’m not that young. Lolz. Any level of wealth has to be much better than the current situation I’m in. I just hate being so financially strapped.
Your adapter is a great idea, I can see that being very useful. Especially the way cars are designed these days finding a good ground in the cab is a frickin nightmare. Good luck to ya.
Yeah the feed back I’ve gotten is mind blowing. Simple, but ingenious. Being that the patent only has just been filed I’m still somewhat sceptical about showing it off, even though I am protected and can sue.

That was the whole idea. Even trying to find a ground is a joke and time consuming. This device gives you that within seconds. Plug and play, fits in your pocket.
That's hard.. I can't imagine what it would be like to not see your kids for a few weeks let alone that extended period of time...

More power to you and to a speedy recovery.
God bless you.

If there's anything I can do to help in your 3D CAD design or rapid prototyping ,please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best of luck in your endeavors!
Thanks. I’ll appreciate that. I’ll let you know 👍🏽

Food on the table always comes first and foremost.(y)
RC is in your blood.
You will be back and running.
Def. share your exper. here when you can. Your knowledge means much to many here. Whether actively doing RC or not.
AF is a great diversion even if for 15 min a day. Good luck with your endeavor.
:cool:

Food on the table always comes first and foremost.(y)
RC is in your blood.
You will be back and running.
Def. share your exper. here when you can. Your knowledge means much to many here. Whether actively doing RC or not.
AF is a great diversion even if for 15 min a day. Good luck with your endeavor.
:cool:
Thank you so much. I feel that my lack of input in the forum may have hurt the experience/knowledge as I haven’t really applied myself much. I’ll be here definitely 😊

When you get a chance..
Would you mind showing us some pics of those bodies for the infraction?
Thank You.

PS:
Now that you have some patents pending (or is that a utility patent?)

Have you thought of setting up a Kickstarter campaign for your invention(s)?
That way you can crowd fund the necessary capital -needed to get your device manufactured , preferably here in the States (Not overseas..)

When you get a chance..
Would you mind showing us some pics of those bodies for the infraction?
Thank You.

PS:
Now that you have some patents pending (or is that a utility patent?)

Have you thought of setting up a Kickstarter campaign for your invention(s)?
That way you can crowd fund the necessary capital -needed to get your device manufactured , preferably here in the States (Not overseas..)
Someone else did mention kickstarter to me. I don’t know much about it, but I’m eager to get this out there. I can afford to build an initial 50 to get the product out there. I definitely don’t have the cash to mass produce. I have a non provisional patent. So I have 12 months to get this done, but what’s nice is that no one can copy it within the 12 months. So I really gotta be on top of it.

Here are the bodies

IMG_0310.jpeg

IMG_0318.jpeg

IMG_0106.jpeg

IMG_0107.jpeg

I hope everything goes well for you.i wish you the best.i hope you see your kids soon also,and I hope your injury gets better soon.👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back