What 6S to get? Few options i have, please consult me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chassis Smacking at cement parks, even landing perfect on all 4's every time (in a perfect world), leads to some damage.
I understand that Globally, Arrma Parts and Models can be a hard find. I get that.
So choose a model brand that you can support easily for sure. (y)

Shouldn't it be almost the same force that is applied to the RC when jumping on a dirt track or jumping in a skate park? 🤔 I mean, dirt doesn't really bounce either.

Oh wait, you said chassis smack, so actually hitting the ground hard with the chassis. Well, then, in my limited view of things, you're doing it wrong anyway and your setup is wrong for the occasion.

Been fooling around for about 3 hours today - although rather calm due to the wobble - and my chassis only has the smallest scratch in it. And that was due to a small stone i didn't see. Could i smash the body? Sure! But why should i break my stuff? Oo
Just go easy to start. It will work out. :cool:
I'm on 4S for now. Think that's enough to learn. No reason to push the limits the first 100 packs.

I would never bash at a cement park. Better for dirt or grass. Or your driveway. Start easy. This aint no YouTube stunt. The more they bash and break, the more $ they get to repair em, from their sponsors. You and I, not so much. 💥 Have fun either way.:cool:

I would never bash at a cement park. Better for dirt or grass. Or your driveway. Start easy. This aint no YouTube stunt. The more they bash and break, the more $ they get to repair em, from their sponsors. You and I, not so much. 💥 Have fun either way.:cool:

Thanks ;)

Yeah, i guess i'll use my son's little EaZyRC Colorado when i feel the need to try skatepark. Asuga is absolutely no fit for a skatepark anyway.
Will check out a public RC track this weekend when i find the time. Sounds more like a fit to it.

Shouldn't it be almost the same force that is applied to the RC when jumping on a dirt track or jumping in a skate park? 🤔 I mean, dirt doesn't really bounce either.

Oh wait, you said chassis smack, so actually hitting the ground hard with the chassis. Well, then, in my limited view of things, you're doing it wrong anyway and your setup is wrong for the occasion.

Been fooling around for about 3 hours today - although rather calm due to the wobble - and my chassis only has the smallest scratch in it. And that was due to a small stone i didn't see. Could i smash the body? Sure! But why should i break my stuff? Oo

I'm on 4S for now. Think that's enough to learn. No reason to push the limits the first 100 packs.
You obviously don't understand that "Chassis slap" is built into RC's by design. Yes, cement is way less forgiving than Grass and Dirt for the most part.
These are not suspended like real scale cars and trucks. They are not meant to be.

You obviously don't understand that "Chassis slap" is built into RC's by design. Yes, cement is less forgiving than Grass and Dirt for the most part.
These are not suspended like real scale cars and trucks.

Probably. Or just a different point of view.

Even in the Corally headquarters where i've bought my Asuga and was unsure if not maybe the Kagama was a better choice, they clearly stated that most people just drive their bashers in way not intended.

When i asked to elaborate they told me this:

Skatepark? Don't do it.
Jump 25m and land hard? Don't be surprised when it breaks.
Do crazy shi* when it's freezing? Don't complain when it breaks.

I mean, these guys have huge experience and even they say people are abusing almost all bashers. They said, when driven as intended, nothing more than oils should ever be needed to be replaced. Apart from normal wear that occurs over a longer time of course.
And 99% of youtubers just feed that lust for destruction. Good for sales and clicks, sure but not really what they want people to do with their cars.

The chassis slap will save your shocks and car to a point. After that, all bets are off. Don't you get it? Beat the chit out of it, and you will have chit left for you to repair, is all I'm sayin. Arrma rigs are very robust. Not indestructible. 💥 . Better than most companies. Have fun.:ROFLMAO:

Probably. Or just a different point of view.

Even in the Corally headquarters where i've bought my Asuga and was unsure if not maybe the Kagama was a better choice, they clearly stated that most people just drive their bashers in way not intended.

When i asked to elaborate they told me this:

Skatepark? Don't do it.
Jump 25m and land hard? Don't be surprised when it breaks.
Do crazy shi* when it's freezing? Don't complain when it breaks.

I mean, these guys have huge experience and even they say people are abusing almost all bashers. They said, when driven as intended, nothing more than oils should ever be needed to be replaced. Apart from normal wear that occurs over a longer time of course.
And 99% of youtubers just feed that lust for destruction. Good for sales and clicks, sure but not really what they want people to do with their cars.
Are you supposed to just drive around in the yard? On 3s? Nah, not for me

The chassis slap will save your shocks and car to a point. After that, all bets are off. Don't you get it? Beat the chit out of it, and you will have chit left for you to repair, is all I'm sayin. Arrma rigs are very robust. Not indestructible. 💥 . Better than most companies. Have fun.:ROFLMAO:
+1,
By design.
Even in a scale Race setting on a Groomed technical track, RC chassis' are designed to slap or bottom out.

And 99% of youtubers just feed that lust for destruction. Good for sales and clicks
Agreed..... bashing hard is fun and sells kits. Drive them as hard as you want. Just don't expect your car to come back in one piece every time. If we all just took Sunday drives with our cars then the manufacturers would never work to make them stronger and better.

Arrma's motto is "Don't Just Bash, Blast" for a reason..... Arrma makes more money when we break things. They love how we drive because it boosts their $. Yes they have to work to eliminate real weaknesses in their designs so that we don't have to fix them on every jump but, Arrma., Traxxas, Corally and the rest know that bashing is the way to profits.

Drive the cars the way that makes you happy, complain when they break too easy and fix them when it's your own stupidity. I don't even wince when I break something, I just grab the nearest remote and drive the unbroken one. After the day is done, fix and upgrade as necessary.... it's all part of the fun.

Wednesday Morning Dog GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Are you supposed to just drive around in the yard? On 3s? Nah, not for me
That's a good place to start. After you get used to your rig then you can do the NASA thing. :ROFLMAO: 💥💥. Abuse it.💥. Its only $$$.

they clearly stated that most people just drive their bashers in way not intended.

I think they're speaking to you from the perspective that they are responsible for warranty. Warranties cover "intended" usage. They want to limit their liability. Which I honestly think is fine, we all know stuff breaks unnecessarily when you launch 25' into the air.

There should have been a "wink wink" after they said "not intended". Their advertising videos would be trucks going in a circle on a lawn if they really had an expectation of people to use them "as intended".

Coming from a guy called CrashBoom, that means a lot.💥 :ROFLMAO: 💥. An Arrma rig will handle a lot of fun, and abuse. Playing Mr. Rogers is not what I am saying. Just think twice before you drop it out of a high-rise.🤪.

Yeah i mean, i certainly like watching people launch it to the moon, no doubt. But i sure as hell won't do it.
I think i'm better off with my buggy than a basher - at least for now.

Who knows what i'll do in a year or two 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

Oh, we've all told ourselves that at some point, it's only a matter of time :p
It never ends. I want a Mojave 6s, Notorious, or a Fireteam. I can only pick one. 😁 They are in no particular order.

Oh, we've all told ourselves that at some point, it's only a matter of time :p
Truth. Many times I've gone out and told myself I'm not breaking anything today. Nope I'm going to take it easy and keep everything in one piece. 5 minutes later......F-it! It gone. I'm batting .000 so far on not breaking something🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back