What 6S to get? Few options i have, please consult me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xash

Reaction score
So, i need your help.

I actually wanted to get the new Kraton 6S EXB but HHEU sucks even more than HHUS and noone can tell me anything specific about an ETA. And since i want to start with RC rather soon, i have a few options around here:

HPI Vorza S Truggy Flux 1/8 4WD Electric Brushless Truggy RTR (Versie 2023) for 599€
ARRMA 1/8 Kraton 6S BLX V5 4WD Speed Monster Truck Spektrum Firma RTR Rood + Gens-Ace Bashing Series 8000mAh for 699€
Team Corally KAGAMA 6S XP Brushless Power RTR Rood (no LiPo, no charger) for 689€
Traxxas XRT 1/5 8S Brushless Truggy TSM RTR in de kleur rood! (no LiPo, no charger) Used for 899€

I do not want to go hardcore bashing, rather speed jumps and skatepark style driving. But after driving my son's EaZy Chevy i do have to admit i do like some offroad action, so i suppose they're all quite capable of that.

Which one would you recommend and why?

HPI has the biggest discount, netting me normally at around 900€;
Arrma Kraton one is decent, but not the EXB and i also fear of getting stuff for it due to HHEU being HHEU;
The Corally Kagama is the newest one if i'm right and i have no trouble getting parts since they're in Belgium, just like myself.
And the XRT well, i cannot help myself but it's by far the most beautiful RC i know with only the Talion coming close. And a 1/5 for that money seems to be a great deal. Worth it?

Last edited:
I had your issue when HH kept postponing the Mojave EXB. I bought a Kraton instead and ended up selling after driving it only a couple of times once they finally released the MEXB.
So I'd wait or if you can't wait go Kraton v5 or Kagama. I'd probably go Kagama between those two. But it's a tough call with the 'deal' you mentioned for the Kraton (including the Gens lipo's). Kagama is better out of the box though, especially esc, motor and esc.
Parts for the Kraton are relatively easy to get and for you in Belgium even easier for the Kagama. HPI parts... hmmm not so much and the XRT is very nice, but also quite a lot bigger.

LIke said above. Would go Kagama or wait for the Kraton EXB V2. Parts availability is very important. Here in the states we can get Corally parts but they are not readily availability. Arrma stuff is easy to pickup.

Yeah issue is, ArrmA isn't that easy to get. Corally is located in Belgium, so no issues. Hpi is Poland, so around the corner as well. 🤔

So, i need your help.

I actually wanted to get the new Kraton 6S EXB but HHEU sucks even more than HHUS and noone can tell me anything specific about an ETA. And since i want to start with RC rather soon, i have a few options around here:

HPI Vorza S Truggy Flux 1/8 4WD Electric Brushless Truggy RTR (Versie 2023) for 599€
ARRMA 1/8 Kraton 6S BLX V5 4WD Speed Monster Truck Spektrum Firma RTR Rood + gensacearespammers Bashing Series 8000mAh for 699€
Team Corally KAGAMA 6S XP Brushless Power RTR Rood (no LiPo, no charger) for 689€
Traxxas XRT 1/5 8S Brushless Truggy TSM RTR in de kleur rood! (no LiPo, no charger) Used for 899€

I do not want to go hardcore bashing, rather speed jumps and skatepark style driving. But after driving my son's EaZy Chevy i do have to admit i do like some offroad action, so i suppose they're all quite capable of that.

Arrma Kraton one is decent, but not the EXB and i also fear of getting stuff for it due to HHEU being HHEU;
The Corally Kagama is the newest one if i'm right and i have no trouble getting parts since they're in Belgium, just like myself.
And the XRT well, i cannot help myself but it's by far the most beautiful RC i know with only the Talion coming close. And a 1/5 for that money seems to be a great deal. Worth it?
Kraton 6S EXB!

ARRMA 1/8 Kraton 6S BLX V5 4WD Speed Monster Truck Spektrum Firma RTR Rood + gensacearespammers Bashing Series 8000mAh for 699€

I'm a vote for the Corally based on the availability of parts for you. It's getting good reviews and you will be breaking things.

The Kraton would be my #2 choice... I think the BLX v5 would be enough for your skill level and parts are pretty cheap.

If you really want the Kraton, I would wait.

If you're impatient, get something that work out logistically for you.

Yeah well getting them is easy, Corally as well as HPI Racing.
Only thing that is hard getting is ArrmA, sadly.
I've even considered buying from the US but shipping is terrible. Between 100 and 200$, plus taxes. Plus 99% don't even consider shipping anything here.

By the time we might get the EXB, you probably have another model already! One of the big LHS near me told me, last year they waited 6 months to get anything from ArrmA.

But hey, if anyone is flying to Belgium the next two weeks and can bring along an EXB i'll gladly pay 100$ extra. Cash! ;)

If I were you I'd get the Kagama. Part of that is because I want one of the them myself. Another part of that is because I have a K6 lol. Seriously though, the Kagama has been calling out to me because it seems pretty freaking sweet.

Well with that new info I would just get the Corally. Parts availability is a big deal and you will be definitely be needing parts. I couldn't imagine waiting for a month or more just to get a part every time I need it.

Yeah well, i picked the Asuga in the end ;)

Since i wanna go more towards a street car with offroad abilities i think i picked a decent mix between both worlds. After a marathon yesterday night with a very in depth mechanical RC YT over several hours, i was kinda set with Corally. Was deciding between Spark XB and Kagama but being there at the factory the Spark was just too small and the Kagama too big ;)

Total of 958€ for:

- Asuga 6S
- 2x 5400mAh 4S Sport Racing LiPos
- Huge TC working mat
- TC stand
- Screwdriver set from TC
- ACDC 100W double Charger
- 2 balancer cables

First test it seems all runs fine, front left wheel whobbles a bit, will check that tomorrow, no clue why 🤷‍♂️

Contacted them. Not feeling comfortable doing more than calm driving on the parking lot like this.
And even that may be not a good idea but yeah, wanna drive the toy😅

Contacted them. Not feeling comfortable doing more than calm driving on the parking lot like this.
And even that may be not a good idea but yeah, wanna drive the toy😅
Not an uncommon problem for any RTR. I have a decent wobble in one of my Kraton tires. I moved it to the back to avoid steering issues.

Remove the wheel.... make sure there are no burrs in the plastic keeping it from seating straight, but it may be a deformed rim or badly glued tire.

I have done the Traxxas thing, and Arrma on road thing. My dilemma is what to buy next. I think I might get the Notorious, or the Mojave 6s. The Notorious is a really tough stunt truck. Think back flips and wheelies. :cool: . The Mojave is more of a off road racer. I have a Sledge so the larger trucks don't appeal to me. Hope you choose what makes you happy. Have fun choosing.🏁. OBTW, I do like the Fireteam.

So, i need your help.

ARRMA 1/8 Kraton 6S BLX V5 4WD Speed Monster Truck Spektrum Firma RTR Rood + Gens-Ace Bashing Series 8000mAh for 699€

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product...-speed-monster-truck-rtr-black/ARA8708T1.html

>>>It is available from HH direct. Where are you getting your info from. $700. is the killer deal on this EXB K6. Best bang for the buck hands down. And wait for one if you really can't find it.
Well worth the wait absolutely.
Many waited for theirs through the holidays. I would.
>>>And you said you don't bash hard????
High speed jumps and Skateparks....... IS hard bashing. Not sure what you mean otherwise. :cool:

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product...-speed-monster-truck-rtr-black/ARA8708T1.html

>>>It is available from HH direct. Where are you getting your info from. $700. is the killer deal on this EXB K6. Best bang for the buck hands down. And wait for one if you really can't find it.
Well worth the wait absolutely.
Many waited for theirs through the holidays. I would.
>>>And you said you don't bash hard????
High speed jumps and Skateparks....... IS hard bashing. Not sure what you mean otherwise. :cool:
IF you are in the US, but i'm in Belgium. No chance or even an ETA on the EXB. Not from HHEU, not from any LHS.

And well, you can drive skatepark without crazy jumps, you can perfectly go moderate as well.
But since i got the Asuga now, i'll learn my stuff with that. Maybe down the line when there's a new Talion EXB i will try my luck again in getting one, for now i have a toy to fool around with and learn.
By the time when any recent 6S EXB is available i should be ready to buy something new and have had enough training to know what kind of driving i prefer: street, offroad or bashing.
But for now it seems bashing isn't my thing. I'm already pissed my the smallest scratch! Imagine something breaking! XD

Chassis Smacking at cement parks, even landing perfect on all 4's every time (in a perfect world), leads to some damage.
I understand that Globally, Arrma Parts and Models can be a hard find. I get that.
So choose a model brand that you can support easily for sure. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back