I said I wouldn't, but here we are!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely qualify as well!
Family Guy Summer GIF
🤔 Hmmm how about big girl panties

Okay, need some advice on steering upgrades. I am looking at the M2C and the Vitavon specifically. Does anybody know which of these will give me the most additional space? The 56118 motor is even longer than the 56113 (by just over 5mm) I can get the motor in behind the Upper suspension arms with the wheels hard left. The moving part of the steering assembly hits the motor when trying to straighten out the wheels. Hoping one of the upgraded units gives a little more clearance.

Thanks in advance,
huauqui
PS I will try to add some photos in the am.

Okay, need some advice on steering upgrades. I am looking at the M2C and the Vitavon specifically. Does anybody know which of these will give me the most additional space? The 56118 motor is even longer than the 56113 (by just over 5mm) I can get the motor in behind the Upper suspension arms with the wheels hard left. The moving part of the steering assembly hits the motor when trying to straighten out the wheels. Hoping one of the upgraded units gives a little more clearance.

Thanks in advance,
huauqui
PS I will try to add some photos in the am.
@djrahbee has the vitavon steering setup and still had to dremel/grind some material down to fit the 56113mm motor.

@djrahbee has the vitavon steering setup and still had to dremel/grind some material down to fit the 56113mm motor.
Sounds like you might have to flip the motor around and reconfigure the layout? Mine barely fits!

You own a Fiat! :love:

ANDARE BAMBINO ANDARE! :cool:
Oh yeah, my little Carlo Abarth special is a blast. But she is also an addiction much like RC. Much of her is no longer stock, suspension, intake, exhaust, programing, etc... Love it! Andale, Rappidisimo.
Let me know if you need bigger battery trays
Will do! thanks

Oh yeah, my little Carlo Abarth special is a blast. But she is also an addiction much like RC. Much of her is no longer stock, suspension, intake, exhaust, programing, etc... Love it! Andale, Rappidisimo.

Will do! thanks
Just curious..have you looked into flipping the motor around and stacking the batteries on one side? I haven't seen it done and wondering if it's an option.
Here is where I had to dremel..
Screen Shot 2023-08-01 at 4.59.56 PM.png

Just curious..have you looked into flipping the motor around and stacking the batteries on one side? I haven't seen it done and wondering if it's an option.
Here is where I had to dremel..
Thanks for the info. I have not yet looked at flipping the motor but will definitely look into it. Been a crazy week at work and no real chance to play with the Outcast.

huauqui

Looking for a bit of advice on cooling fans. Based on what is happening to others, I am guessing I may need to replace/supplement the fan on my max5. Any suggestions for that? Also, in case I need it, I am researching mounts and fans for the motor, so any help on a dual fan mount and fans for this 56mm motor would be appreciated. I found KCRC's mounts from another thread here on the forum, and they look okay just want some other options, if possible.

On a different but related note, I have seen some people run a small lipo separately to power the fans. Any input on that would be appreciated. Sorry for the newbie questions, but cooling fans for motors on planes is not something we did, and this is truly new for me.

huauqui

M2C came out with this and say it would work in a Kraton or an Outcast 8s to get the HW 56118 SD G2 motor in. I ordered one for the Outcast 8s EXB It came in today so hopefully this weekend. Looks like it requires a bit of clearancing still, but they say it will work. https://m2cracing.net/shop/shop.php...6118-G2-MOTORS/p/577988742/category=136127903

Will post pics soon of progress, hopefully. I hate it when I have new stuff to put in the RC and everybody else thinks they need something more urgently. This weekend is shaping up to be a busy one.

huauqui

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back