I was trolling the Traxxas family page on fb and found this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As most people have said the best option if you want a traxxas is getting one used, a buddy of mine bought a Rustler XL5 and it cost him almost $200, I got a roller that was almost brand new for $60, got a used SW3/1410 combo on eBay for $60, put some Integy Shock Towers and wheelie bar, aluminum shocks, TBR Bumper, and some Hot Racing gears in the transmission case. I'm somewhere around $250 but my Rusty will do 60mph on 2s meanwhile my buddy's will do around 30 if he doesn't break anything first. The Slash is a different story I'm being honest when I say I hate those things, I got one in a trade for a RedCat Gen7, the slash was fully built RPM A Arms, Transmission Case, Caster Blocks, Hub carriers, Bumpers, Proline Bulkhead, shock towers, body mounts, beadlock wheels, Trencher SC Tires, Savox Servo, Hot Racing Gears and whole lot of other stuff so nothing was really from traxxas other than the chassis and ESC/motor. First time I took it out the ESC caught fire, replace that with a SW4/1410 combo. The next time I took it out it stripped the diff, replace that one with a Hot Racing sealed diff. The next run it stripped the idle gear, replace that with a Robinson Racing Hardened Steel gear. Next run stripped the idle gear again, replace it with a Hot Racing Idle Gear now and got a Hot Racing Transmision Case. All this breakages running only on 2s, if this thing break again I will start a fire with it.

I had one very old RC10 That I wanted to put out to pasture years ago. It was a fourth of July. I mounted 2 Block busters to the body. Set up a Cigarette fuse and everyone at the house party came out to the street and watched me blow the RC10 up. It was fun. But it kept running. But in pieces.:) I Knw that someone had video of it. Wish I had that video today.
If I had a Traxxas rig that frustrated me, I would do the same and post it all over the web.:LOL:

Last edited:
If we all get together n boycott the bully. they will be up sh!t creek in a year
Send all are broken ass traxxas back at one time they will get the point

Imagine if everyone sent All their broken TRX stuff back to TRX at the same time "en masse", That would literally paralyze Traxxas receiving dept. Customer service would screech to a halt. It would be like havoc there. How would they handle that damage control at McKinney. That would have to be a planned effort by thousands of disappointed customers to work.(y) Followed by a mass boycott. What carnage that would be.
I have some busted TRX-4 parts to send back.:)

Last edited:
The other thing is that Traxxas gives hobby stores a special discount for only carrying their products so Traxxas kind of backed them into a corner. I don't know how the business side of the lhs is but I'm sure changing distributors at a moments notice is not any easy task.
That is not free capitalist trade. IMO. A Brand drives/corners a vendor to only sell their product Exclusively and tells them big online sales is a NO NO?. :mad:And push out the other brands? It appears that The RC Industry has a big elephant in the room. In many other Industries that would not Fly at all. Legally that is.(y) TRX has a good thing going so far. But all good things come to an end.:unsure: They have pushed the envelope too far. The bubble is about to break. I would like to see their financial statements. Maybe the Texas AG may want to know more. But maybe he drives a Traxxas too.:LOL: We already know that the TX. Federal dist. Ct Judge drives a Traxxas rig.(n)

Last edited:
you know, I watch Kevin Talbot, and I really like his video's, and he is kind of an arrma basher, but the truth of the matter is, arrmas are much better than traxas. I've owned one traxas in my life, a traxas bandit, and it sucked! I've owned many arrmas since then and broke nothing major. Thay are defiantly better than traxas, and always will be.

you know, I watch Kevin Talbot, and I really like his video's, and he is kind of an arrma basher, but the truth of the matter is, arrmas are much better than traxas. I've owned one traxas in my life, a traxas bandit, and it sucked! I've owned many arrmas since then and broke nothing major. Thay are defiantly better than traxas, and always will be.
You ever notice Vasse from Aussie Playground never runs a Traxxas??? He loves Arrma we know.
Kevin Talbot started all his vids with Traxxas only. He got many questions from viewers as to why. Some felt he was a TRX Fanboy and got his stuff from TRX free. Which could explain it. But Kevin did a video once just to discuss that. He said it is because although TRX does break, and he will find a way to break any brand rig, that TRX parts are everywhere available. He is in the UK too. He said he pays for all of his TRX stuff. But Kevin T. does have the bucks to throw it his love of this RC hobby. Kevin has changed up his brands to include Arrma. But in every video there will also be a Traxxas something or other running in the back ground by Pat or Steve also. :)

I actually like kev - tumble wumble. It seems like he’s now taking a liking to arrma especially the infraction. I do sense he does prefer traxxas, but he loves bashing and his aim is to break stuff

Let’s see if he sings a different tune when Arrma releases the new MT this fall/winter.

“What happened?”

Let’s see if he sings a different tune when Arrma releases the new MT this fall/winter.

“What happened?”
Kevins audio is inaudible at times. Especially his live feeds. He needs to step up his mic and video gear.

What's even more obvious is folks are recognizing and spending their dollars with Arrma. It's fun to watch.
I see the enthusiasm around Arrma also. On a global level. Maybe Arrma/Horizon will become the big elaphant in the room. Traxxas follows Arrma closely. They are feeling the heat for sure.(y):cool:

I don't watch his videos anymore. Guys annoys the crap out of me.
His one friend with the high pitched voice is annoying AF, and Kevin’s eBay pitch gets old, but other than that, he tries things that I wish I could afford to do, like drive an Xmaxx on a lake and jump it. Some of the crawling stuff gets boring, but his bashing stuff keeps me entertained.

His one friend with the high pitched voice is annoying AF, and Kevin’s eBay pitch gets old, but other than that, he tries things that I wish I could afford to do, like drive an Xmaxx on a lake and jump it. Some of the crawling stuff gets boring, but his bashing stuff keeps me entertained.
Yeah I wish I had money like that to just throw away. His bashing is funny and it’s amazing the abuse he puts them through.

Wondering if he actually thought that jumping the xmaxx on a lake would result in anything else but a sinker. I mean, cmon. lol. Even a run up and ramp on the ground and landing in a lake at whatever speed he chooses would give the same fail.
Ahahahaha this guy is a legend imagine if he was still around RIP traxxas

I remember watching this when I considered this truck. Sounds like a box of rocks in the tumbles.

Haven't seen one of his vids in 6 months, forgot about him until someone brings him up. His Ebay intros bug me.

Haven't seen one of his vids in 6 months, forgot about him until someone brings him up. His Ebay intros bug me.
Want to make money fast? Pay me $300 and I'll show you how.

Want to make money fast? Pay me $300 and I'll show you how.

And why the Lambo? Cause everyone on YT is supposed to have a Lambo? Thats what my nephew told me and he's never heard of Talbot.
But, I got his free EBAY course just to see. Didn't tap me enough to spend any money with him though.

I don't watch his videos anymore. Guys annoys the crap out of me.
He is a mess. All of his videos. My son gets a kick out of him though. Because of the Kaos I guess. Honestly, I see no value in his videos, except for the laugh. He is too corny.
And why the Lambo? Cause everyone on YT is supposed to have a Lambo? Thats what my nephew told me and he's never heard of Talbot.
But, I got his free EBAY course just to see. Didn't tap me enough to spend any money with him though.
My 9yo son said the same about YT celebs and Lambos.:LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back