If you could make an rc...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like this ?

318E1040-2BA2-45F7-9BEE-1FA4D3911EBA.jpeg

Like this ?
Check out the HoBao EPX semi truck, just a matter of making a custom body for it....

If I could make something RC lately I have been dreaming of making an outrigger RC boat. Our new house is about 5 mins from the lake ;)
1597703499242.png

A near bullet-proof 1/10th. While everyone is going bigger, it just makes things heavier, more expensive and more prone to breaks. I really well built 1/10 would be faster, more maneuverable and more durable. The new Granite is faster than an 8s Arrma. The reason no one will make it is the market would not be willing to pay the price for a really well made 1/10th, they'd rather spend it on a huge beast that breaks all the time.

A near bullet-proof 1/10th. While everyone is going bigger, it just makes things heavier, more expensive and more prone to breaks. I really well built 1/10 would be faster, more maneuverable and more durable. The new Granite is faster than an 8s Arrma. The reason no one will make it is the market would not be willing to pay the price for a really well made 1/10th, they'd rather spend it on a huge beast that breaks all the time.
Soooo...

The Tekno ET410.2?
Want.

If I could build anything, it would be a 1/16 mini Kraton, EXB style. Or i could just buy a LC-Racing EMB-TGH.

It does not come with tires, so grab some 2.8MT tires, bolt them on, and done.

The truck is designed to run 12mm hex, 2.2ST tires, SCT tires, or 2.8MT tires. When the original Tekno ET410 was release, the Tekno guy over on RCTech basically said "We know ya'll will bash it, so we made sure it would take basher tires" (or similar)

Here is one with Badland 2.8 tires -
img_4049-jpg.1465

Last edited:
It does not come with tires, so grab some 2.8MT tires, bolt them on, and done.

The truck is designed to run 12mm hex, 2.2ST tires, SCT tires, or 2.8MT tires. When the original Tekno ET410 was release, the Tekno guy over on RCTech basically said "We know ya'll will bash it, so we made sure it would take basher tires" (or similar)

Here is one with Badland 2.8 tires -
img_4049-jpg.1465
I've actually never even seen a Tekno in real life so my knowledge is limited. So I would rather get an array simply because arrma has some of the best looking rc cars (outcast, 6s Kraton, limitless ect) and this Tekno is... honestly the most backwards mishaped rc I've ever seen.

Personally I go bigger due to terrain. There is a lot of construction in my area with great places to run, but 1/10 scale just are not big enough with enough clearance to have fun running on much of it. My Notorious is a blast and I can run it all over the place while the 1/10 I have gets hung up or flipped over a lot more. I am not bashing super hard or sending it of massive jumps so my Notorious 6S is doing fine. I broke one rod end when I hit a metal fence post at about 40 mph with just the right front wheel. Otherwise I have not broken anything on it. It's rough enough I've been breaking the 1/10 trucks more, but they are not Arrma so that may be part of it. I almost don't count the Redcat Volcano since that thing seems to explode when you pull the trigger. The boy's 1/10 ECX Amp MT 2WD is brushed on 2S Lipo and it's very tough, but 2WD presents it's own issues. I bet an Outcast 8S would be an absolute blast where I am running and I think I would break it a lot less.

On the other hand my younger kids seem to gravitate towards the little 1/18 Haiboxing that I resurrected with a new 800 mAh LiPo as it's actually pretty fast, 4WD and mostly indestructible so far. My 8 year old daughters love running it. It's maybe even faster than my son's 1/10 ECX Amp MT. It's 4WD and so light that it just bounces when they crash it.

Easy. It would be a Kratyphotolion with Mocastanite upgrades, Feloness power, and Infrarock good looks. Here's my first rendering, but might need more ground clearance for bashing?
1597765383375.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back