Signs you might be an RC Addict

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you’re buying a new 1:1 car, you measure the trunk to make sure both the Kraton 8s and DBXLE can fit at the same time. And it comes with a rubber trunk mat….(guilty)
I was big into having fast and cool 1:1 cars back in the day. Swore I'd never own an SUV. Fast forward to being married with two kids. My RC cars and drones are my thing. I bought an SUV because I can fit everything. EVERYTHING!!:p

I was big into having fast and cool 1:1 cars back in the day. Swore I'd never own an SUV. Fast forward to being married with two kids. My RC cars and drones are my thing. I bought an SUV because I can fit everything. EVERYTHING!!:p

I love my 4runner, so comfy but the mileage sucks.

Never say NEVER....

I Never ever thought I would even contemplate about getting a van..
However, our two little girls keep getting bigger (they won't stop) and Their Stuffs keeps getting Bigger too!
Our SUV just doesn't seem all that big no more.

Plus, I'm getting older/tired of having to lift Up & Over these "said bigger items" into the vehicle. Each time we have an outing..

A van with the lower entries and power sliding doors to load things seem awfully nice ,these days.

I kept a rig I bought Pre-owned from LibertyMKiii in our garage in the "rough & dirty" condition it was in , just to slowly acclimate my wife to 'seeing it there' thinking it was one of my other 'older' rigs...

>>> I still have another totally new rig that my wife STILL Don't know about... in a pile of other Arrma boxes.

You guys don't even know what it is neither ..

Sssssshhh...
🙊🙈
Yo that's some funny poop+++cause I've done the same .when I buy a new rig I take the cover off and leave it hanging around with some dirt on it.she thinks its some old one i dug out of the shed or my basement hobby room and after 3 days or so then i put it on the new chassis and she has no clue ..still to this day she has no idea how many Rcs i have..😁 Nothing gets shipped to my house ,I pick them up at the local post office and sneek them at night when she's sleeping 🤣🤣🤣works everytime

When you can justify buying duplicates of all your cars so your friends can bash with you. Just picked up the second PrimalRC Monster Truck so my friends can laugh with me and not at me. I KNOW they won’t buy or maintain them.
Sorry, no matter how much you try, you will not be an outcast here.

Last edited:
Never say NEVER....

I Never ever thought I would even contemplate about getting a van..
However, our two little girls keep getting bigger (they won't stop) and Their Stuffs keeps getting Bigger too!
Our SUV just doesn't seem all that big no more.

Plus, I'm getting older/tired of having to lift Up & Over these "said bigger items" into the vehicle. Each time we have an outing..

A van with the lower entries and power sliding doors to load things seem awfully nice ,these days.

Can't go wrong with a full size Ford.
suspiciousvan_9.jpg

Last edited:
I consider my Suburban a "Utility Vehicle" as there is no sport in it but much like a pickup truck, I can carry plywood and, or passengers in it.

I consider my Suburban a "Utility Vehicle" as there is no sport in it but much like a pickup truck, I can carry plywood and, or passengers in it.
I consider my SCX6 with a fifth wheel hitch that my fishing cart connects to and carry's up to two hundred pounds a "Utility Vehicle." Yes it can also carry plywood and/or people.

There is my family! Where did you find them?
Sorry just laughing at some of the names people use for their vehicles.
What ever happened to the "Station Wagon"?

station wagons are Too Small.. to carry RCs.

There is my family! Where did you find them?
Sorry just laughing at some of the names people use for their vehicles.
What ever happened to the "Station Wagon"?

California classified my 4runner as a station wagon. Maybe because you can roll down the rear window or maybe it's an SUV thing?

I dunno but since it's a station wagon and not a truck, it's not a commercial vehicle, like a pickup truck, which means I don't have to pay for road laden or something like that. My Tacoma was like an extra $200/yr because you can "put a load of brick in the back and drive down the road". - Says CA DMV.

• When you don't just buy one or two new server fans but 20 as you might as well upgrade some other rigs.

• You buy a new part only to realize a week later you already have that one but it was in the wrong box.

• When you actually have to remove the body to see what ESC and motor the car has or if you already upgraded.

• You kind of hope the V4 suspension arms finally break so you have a reason to upgrade.

• When selling a rig makes you happy as you got rack space for a new one.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back