Outcast Is $400 justified with the new 4s line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if these 4s trucks sold for $300. or $349., people would still find a way to female dog.

Even if these 4s trucks sold for $300. or $349., people would still find a way to female dog.
I’ll passively disagree. People would be a lot happier. Now it’s the same price as the other 3s trucks, just with flat out more parts. Hell, you’re $100 cheaper than a stampede 4x4 at that point and there’s just so much better stuff on the 4s trucks than on a stampede.

I’ll passively disagree. People would be a lot happier. Now it’s the same price as the other 3s trucks, just with flat out more parts. Hell, you’re $100 cheaper than a stampede 4x4 at that point and there’s just so much better stuff on the 4s trucks than on a stampede.
I did not want to pay $400. for the 4s trucks. I found a deal for $350. each for the Krate and Noto shipped. Also got the Granite 4 blx for $250. shipped. Thats $950. for all 3. My new 6s trucks have that in them each with bolt ons and no aftermarket chassis. But even at $350. people will still female dog.

I did not want to pay $400. for the 4s trucks. I found a deal for $350. each for the Krate and Noto shipped. Also got the Granite 4 blx for $250. shipped. Thats $950. for all 3. My new 6s trucks have that in them each with bolt ons and no aftermarket chassis. But even at $350. people will still female dog.
Damn dude. If I got it for 350 I wouldn’t be complaining ???

Wouldn't you know it. Turnbuckle got bent and snapped on me today... Have to wait for parts now... :cautious: Not sure how it happened. Had clean landings from the jumps... Made a turn and noticed the damage. thought it was the a arm...

Wouldn't you know it. Turnbuckle got bent and snapped on me today... Have to wait for parts now... :cautious: Not sure how it happened. Had clean landings from the jumps... Made a turn and noticed the damage. thought it was the a arm...View attachment 41255
Buy Lunsford you’ll never buy again!!!

Joking, I have no experience with the brand. I’ll report back on how mine do though lol.

I really don’t think these are worth $400. I wish I got the proline Pro MT Kit Instead.

This thing needs RPM arms like NOW. I will say that the HR aluminum yokes are great and a must have along with new rubber sealed bearings.

Really? The yokes are a must have? I've been running the same diffs for a year in my 3s trucks without yoke issues. I'm not sure why they would be considered a must ?

And as a matter of fact I agree with you in saying, they really aren’t worth $400. They’re not upgraded enough from the 3s vehicles to justify the price point to me. However, they need to make a profit, so all the $100 extra you’re paying really just goes to wheels and diffs. If they put more into it, it’d be like $450... then you might as well buy a 6s truck.
I wish arrma would have taken some extra time to analyze how these a arms would do in real world use, and I wish they’d switch up the design of their plastic chassis vehicles, as it really doesn’t take much to break one of these suckers in half compared to rival manufacturers. But this just isn’t possible at $400, not if they want to make a profit.

The diffs are the same as the 3s rigs. You get a metal spur w/upgraded slipper, bigger wheels, 4s electronics, the 6s servo, longer A-arms, 17mm hex wheels, a top brace, a real wheelie bar/wing a different body and the illusion of a 1/10 scale version of their 6s counterpart.

As far as it not taking much to snap the chassis in half, my personal experience does not bear this out. I've abused the hell out of my 3s rigs and only damaged one chassis. I've never snapped one in half.

Enjoying the Arrma forum and the info I get here...
I'm new to the Arrma scene and seems like there really isn't a difference between the pros and cons of the RC's produced compared to other brands... Some people have great luck with their RC's and can bash it/ blast it all day long without issues, while others break in the first 5 minutes. The posts are out there. I've read many of them...

Is it worth the money? Well I bought my OutCast so...

Do we want to buy it at a cheaper price? Who doesn't want that?

I know the replacement parts and upgrades will be available alittle later after new models come out... It's the same with the other brand RC I bought. Yes I wish it would be sooner rather than later.

All I know is that when I'm having a fun time with my OutCast, I never think of the cost... Blast away!

You know, I never considered mounting it elsewhere, but it could sit facing forward on the center tower of the Noto. Easily make a plate to fasten it there as well. Doesn't need to be flat like a TRX receiver to use TSM.

You know, I never considered mounting it elsewhere, but it could sit facing forward on the center tower of the Noto. Easily make a plate to fasten it there as well. Doesn't need to be flat like a TRX receiver to use TSM.
As terrible as Traxxas is sadly they do have some good receiver boxes. My only gripe is the 2 lids had 2 different sized screws.......

Really? The yokes are a must have? I've been running the same diffs for a year in my 3s trucks without yoke issues. I'm not sure why they would be considered a must ?

The diffs are the same as the 3s rigs. You get a metal spur w/upgraded slipper, bigger wheels, 4s electronics, the 6s servo, longer A-arms, 17mm hex wheels, a top brace, a real wheelie bar/wing a different body and the illusion of a 1/10 scale version of their 6s counterpart.

As far as it not taking much to snap the chassis in half, my personal experience does not bear this out. I've abused the hell out of my 3s rigs and only damaged one chassis. I've never snapped one in half.
Guess I forgot the chassis brace, and I did mention the wheels. I agree with you in the fact that I haven’t snapped a chassis either... but the fact that it’s happened more than 1 time scares me.... hints at the fact that if I really start sending it like my other trucks I might get into issues. And damn I didn’t know they didn’t change the diffs ? wonder how that plastic ring gear is holding up right about now... I should probably check on it. Haven’t been inside the diff case. 6s servo I appreciate that, I actually thought all of arrma’s trucks used it my bad (never had a 3s long enough to notice) and a wheelie bar, yes- along with the chassis brace. The body doesn’t count... a granite has a different body than a senton.

So in total, here’s what’s different from the 3s rigs. Tires, chassis brace, Servo, wheelie bar, upgraded slipper assembly (spur included), and better electronics. I guess now that you say that it seems a bit better, but eh, I still don’t see the $400 price point. Oh well, I bought one, I’m gonna enjoy it just as much as I did when I bought it.

Edit: what I’m saying is that the 3s platform just isn’t designed for this weight. I hope some rpm a arms will be good enough to fix the issue. And I hope to god that if they do, the bulkhead doesn’t just break.. then we’ll find out if it really is too much for the platform.

Guess I forgot the chassis brace, and I did mention the wheels. I agree with you in the fact that I haven’t snapped a chassis either... but the fact that it’s happened more than 1 time scares me.... hints at the fact that if I really start sending it like my other trucks I might get into issues. And damn I didn’t know they didn’t change the diffs ? wonder how that plastic ring gear is holding up right about now... I should probably check on it. Haven’t been inside the diff case. 6s servo I appreciate that, I actually thought all of arrma’s trucks used it my bad (never had a 3s long enough to notice) and a wheelie bar, yes- along with the chassis brace. The body doesn’t count... a granite has a different body than a senton.

So in total, here’s what’s different from the 3s rigs. Tires, chassis brace, Servo, wheelie bar, upgraded slipper assembly (spur included), and better electronics. I guess now that you say that it seems a bit better, but eh, I still don’t see the $400 price point. Oh well, I bought one, I’m gonna enjoy it just as much as I did when I bought it.

Edit: what I’m saying is that the 3s platform just isn’t designed for this weight. I hope some rpm a arms will be good enough to fix the issue. And I hope to god that if they do, the bulkhead doesn’t just break.. then we’ll find out if it really is too much for the platform.
Well I agree in that I wouldn't pay $400 for one which is one of the reasons I don't own one. The other is that I don't see any real added performance over the 3s line and I already own 2 of those. And once I saw they didn't address the 2 biggest issues with the 3s line (wheel driveshafts and A-arms that break far too easily) that was it for me.

Well I agree in that I wouldn't pay $400 for one which is one of the reasons I don't own one. The other is that I don't see any real added performance over the 3s line and I already own 2 of those. And once I saw they didn't address the 2 biggest issues with the 3s line (wheel driveshafts and A-arms that break far too easily) that was it for me.
Exactly, it’s a real shame. Let’s both hope rpm a arms fix the issue... hopefully they’ll be released soon.

I somehow missed this reply lmao... I love the huge arrma sticker on the box ?

Exactly, it’s a real shame. Let’s both hope rpm a arms fix the issue... hopefully they’ll be released soon.

I somehow missed this reply lmao... I love the huge arrma sticker on the box ?
Well the Rpm a arms for the 3s lineup aren't any better than the stock a arms from my own experience.

I was wondering if someone would notice that.

I think they are worth it. I’ll be selling my Granite eventually and buying a 4S Kraton. I have the 6S Kraton already and a Nero for that matter but I like these new trucks for the weight savings and ease of use. When you want a quick run toss it in truck for after work or grocery shopping...lol and bring a hardcase 4s pack and your good. O and I seen them next to 3S in the hobby shop and they are quite a bit beefier. Same chassis but arms, shocks, driveshafts, 17mm hex, beefed up knuckles it’s pretty nice. So yes to me it’s worth it. I’ll buy one next week or so once I get paid haha. Selling a 4Tec 2.0 and my Granite. Actually I’ll be selling a Axial Yeti XL soon too tired of that thing lol

Well the Rpm a arms for the 3s lineup aren't any better than the stock a arms from my own experience.

I was wondering if someone would notice that.
For me, all of the RPM arms I bought have been relatively stiff, especially the Kraton & X-Maxx arms. The most flexible arms by far was the Slash 4x4. I usually soak them in WD40 overnight before installing them. I seen too many horror stories of them shattering like glass within minutes, never happened to me though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back