Typhon Is the typhon 6s V2 still worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALex38

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Someone is selling a typhon 6s v2 for $250. Is that a decent price if it’s in decent shape? I know that’s a older version wondering if they have problems I don’t know of?

Solution
Thanks for all advice and help!
Thanks!
EV Peak and HTRC have both been around for while now and are both good brands. I just went on Amazon searched for lipo balance charger, sorted by customer rating and the HTRC charger was the 3rd listing, the Skyrc is 16 if that matters. ?‍♂️
Im
Definately keeping those in consideration. Evpeak one even has a $10 off going so it’s like $40
Always a good idea when you buy a used car, motorcycle, rc car etc. to check/change all the fluids and check all the maintenance items

Might save you some anguish down the road

This is a budget charger that performs. I still have mine after many years. Works perfectly for your size lipos. The price is right IMO. And it will "Storage Charge" your Lipos nicely. Important to do to your lipos after use!

I also have better $150+ dual chargers but you don't need them.

Amazon.com: SKYRC B6 AC V2 50W LiPo LiFe LiIon NiMH NiCd Battery Charger Discharger: Toys & Games

And you need this charger cable for your Lipos. along with the above charger.

(XT90 connector)Amazon.com: Apex RC Products XT90 Connector Plug -> 4mm Banana Plugs Battery Charge Lead Adapter Cable - 2 Pack 1416: Toys & Games
Others may chime in with many other lipo chargers out there.
:cool:

Edit: invest in an RPM Front bumper. Less chance for front impact damage. And you will be all set.

This is a budget charger that performs. I still have mine after many years. Works perfectly for your size lipos. The price is right IMO. And it will storage charger your Lipos nicely. Important to do to your lipos after use!

Amazon.com: SKYRC B6 AC V2 50W LiPo LiFe LiIon NiMH NiCd Battery Charger Discharger: Toys & Games

(XT90 connector)Amazon.com: Apex RC Products XT90 Connector Plug -> 4mm Banana Plugs Battery Charge Lead Adapter Cable - 2 Pack 1416: Toys & Games
I bought one of those as my first charger, it was one of the Thunder rebrands so mine was black. It works pretty good. I have a Hitec X2 400 now and it exceeds my needs.

This is a budget charger that performs. I still have mine after many years. Works perfectly for your size lipos. The price is right IMO. And it will "Storage Charge" your Lipos nicely. Important to do to your lipos after use!

Oh nice I was looking at that same charger cause someone else mentioned it was pretty good. I also saw a guy selling a spektrum s1200 for $45. Is that a better charger ? And any difference between that sky rc b6. And the b6 mini?

Oh nice I was looking at that same charger cause someone else mentioned it was pretty good. I also saw a guy selling a spektrum s1200 for $45. Is that a better charger ?
The S1200 is DC only so you would need an external PSU something 250-300w.

-edit- This is the cheapest psu I could find on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/12v-460w-3...543015?hash=item3dadc79427:g:304AAOSwk6pfkUQR

-edit2- This charger looks pretty nice it is about $15 more than the Skyrc has some newer features and is 200w vs 50w of the Skyrc. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YWLWVC...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

-edit3- Shoot I just noticed the charger I linked is only 50w on ac, you need dc to get 200w so scrap that.

Last edited:
I might get one of those skyrc b6. Would it charge 6s also? Is it one battery at a time? Any idea how long it takes to fully charge a battery? Also any differences between the b6 and b6 mini?
I might get one of those skyrc b6. Would it charge 6s also? Is it one battery at a time? Any idea how long it takes to fully charge a battery? Also any differences between the b6 and b6 mini?

Yes it "can" charge a 6s lipo but it will take a long time, unless the lipo is around 1000mah. 1 battery at a time.

https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-charger-wattage-calculator/#B

The batteries that came with the car assuming they are 4s will take approximately 127 minutes to charge depending on a few different factors. The max charge rate calculated above will occur near the end of the charging cycle when the battery pack ramps up to maximum voltage. While the voltage is ramping up to maximum voltage, the charging rate will be slightly higher as max voltage has not yet been achieved.

Don't get the mini, it doesn't get as good of reviews as the regular B6.

Just to toss this out there this is for a 6s 5000mah lipo.
Charger Wattage Requirement
126 Watts (W) required as an output from your charger.
148 Watts (W) required from your power supply.
5 Amps (A) charge rate required of the charger per pack.
It would take approximately 65 Minutes to charge 1 pack(s) from less than 20% capacity.

-edit- Now that I look at the wattage calculator and again assuming the lipos are 4s I wouldn't get the B6AC, you are maxing out that little guy for 2 hours charging 1 battery. You have 2 batteries so at the very least you are looking at 4 hours of charging.

-edit2- This is what you would need to charge both batteries at the same time. Basically you would want a 200w dual channel charger.
168 Watts (W) required as an output from your charger.
198 Watts (W) required from your power supply.
It would take approximately 65 Minutes to charge 2 pack(s) from less than 20% capacity.

Last edited:
Yes it "can" charge a 6s lipo but it will take a long time, unless the lipo is around 1000mah. 1 battery at a time.

https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-charger-wattage-calculator/#B

Charger Rate Per Pack(C)Charge Current Per Pack (A)
0.51 C2.55 Amps (A)

The batteries that came with the car assuming they are 4s will take approximately 127 minutes to charge depending on a few different factors. The max charge rate calculated above will occur near the end of the charging cycle when the battery pack ramps up to maximum voltage. While the voltage is ramping up to maximum voltage, the charging rate will be slightly higher as max voltage has not yet been achieved.

It would take approximately 65 Minutes to charge 1 pack(s) from less than 20% capacity.

Oh ok. Why would the 4s

-edit- Now that I look at the wattage calculator and again assuming the lipos are 4s I wouldn't get the B6AC, you are maxing out that little guy for 2 hours charging 1 battery. You have 2 batteries so at the very least you are looking at 4 hours of charging.

-edit2- This is what you would need to charge both batteries at the same time. Basically you would want a 200w dual channel charger.
168 Watts (W) required as an output from your charger.
198 Watts (W) required from your power supply.
It would take approximately 65 Minutes to charge 2 pack(s) from less than 20% capacity.
oh ok. That’s not bad. Might go with that. I don’t think there’s something better then thang for under $75

When looking at chargers. You need an AC version . Whatever you choose. The DC chargers runs off of 12 volts only. They appear cheaper for this reason. Be careful when looking. You will get dizzy seeing all that there is. The Spektrum S1200 is over rated and it is not AC.
The B6AC charges my batteries within 40 min when lipos are at 3.8 volts. I think that's fast enough for the OP's pricepoint. I could be wrong.

Oh ok. Why would the 4s

oh ok. That’s not bad. Might go with that. I don’t think there’s something better then thang for under $75
Nothing AC that I can think of off the top of my head.

Buying used is tricky. I bought my Senton from a guy 3 hours away, and gave it a test drive in a gas station parking lot. 98% of the damage (scuffs etc)was caused by me, meaning it was MINT when I got it. The guy was a RCer so knew how to look after it. He should have taught me lol. Price was fair in my opinion as I didnt want to buy new and grow bored with the hobby.
My advice? Pay attention to what everyone is telling you. Ask how it should etc. One thing I learned in my short time enjoying this hobby is damage is easy to hide and quick fixes are common. Personally I think its a bonus the guy is local to you.
Ask him to test batteries in front of you. My guy threw in 2 2s 5000mah Gens just so I could have something to run on until I got my own 3s batteries. And hooked them to his portable charger/tester to show me they were more than decent(I know now but had to take him at his word then)

When looking at chargers. You need an AC version . Whatever you choose. The DC chargers runs off of 12 volts only. They appear cheaper for this reason. Be careful when looking. You will get dizzy seeing all that there is. The Spektrum S1200 is over rated and it is not AC.
The B6AC charges my batteries within 40 min when lipos are at 3.8 volts. I think that's fast enough for the OP's pricepoint. I could be wrong.
With 4s lipos?

I can also suggest a Hobbymate D6 Duo Pro (200Watts with AC) $159. And a this charger will provide 650watts if he spends another $100. on a separate 24 DC 650 watt Power supply. This will 2 charge 6s batteries real fast .?‍♂️

I don't know that he would want to spend that much. At least right now.
I never stressed out with charging on my Sky Rc B6AC v2. Sure it took longer.Y ou pay for what you get, yes. But when the lipos are at 3.8v they don't take longer than hour.?‍♂️

I'm sure there are many other AC charger options out there. Perhaps better for the price. But $44. is not tragic though for a 50 watt charger that will do 2,3,4 and 6s. So its slower. price is relative here. I put the B6AC charger through hell. 4s 7000k mah and 6s 6000mah. This charge hasn't flinched in the years I've had it. And I know there are better out there.

Last edited:
Buying used is tricky. I bought my Senton from a guy 3 hours away, and gave it a test drive in a gas station parking lot. 98% of the damage (scuffs etc)was caused by me, meaning it was MINT when I got it. The guy was a RCer so knew how to look after it. He should have taught me lol. Price was fair in my opinion as I didnt want to buy new and grow bored with the hobby.
My advice? Pay attention to what everyone is telling you. Ask how it should etc. One thing I learned in my short time enjoying this hobby is damage is easy to hide and quick fixes are common. Personally I think its a bonus the guy is local to you.
Ask him to test batteries in front of you. My guy threw in 2 2s 5000mah Gens just so I could have something to run on until I got my own 3s batteries. And hooked them to his portable charger/tester to show me they were more than decent(I know now but had to take him at his word then)
Thanks for info. I did end up buying it.
I can also suggest a Hobbymate D6 Duo Pro (200Watts with AC) $159. And a this charger will provide 650watts if he spends another $100. on a separate 24 DC 650 watt Power supply. This will 2 6s batteries real fast .?‍♂️

I never stressed out with charging on my Sky Rc B6AC v2. Sure it took longer slightly. But when the lipos are at 3.8v they don't take longer than hour.?‍♂️
Yeah I’m trying to stay under $100 for a charger atm. I mean is it pushing it to hard on that b6 to be charging 6s down the road?

I can also suggest a Hobbymate D6 Duo Pro (200Watts with AC) $159. And a this charger will provide 650watts if he spends another $100. on a separate 24 DC 650 watt Power supply. This will 2 6s batteries real fast .?‍♂️

I never stressed out with charging on my Sky Rc B6AC v2. Sure it took longer slightly. But when the lipos are at 3.8v they don't take longer than hour.?‍♂️
@ALex38 said he wanted to stay under $75.
I have been looking around on Amazon and found these 2 options under $75
https://www.amazon.com/EVPEAK-Input...p_85:2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sr=8-44
https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Batt...=p_85:2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sr=8-3

I would lean more towards the HTRC over the EV Peak just because it has a little more wattage.

Nice. Those would charge faster since it’s 150w. But I’m guessing the skyrc is proven and tested. Not so much these ?

Nice. Those would charge faster since it’s 150w. But I’m guessing the skyrc is proven and tested. Not so much these ?
EV Peak and HTRC have both been around for while now and are both good brands. I just went on Amazon searched for lipo balance charger, sorted by customer rating and the HTRC charger was the 3rd listing, the Skyrc is 16 if that matters. ?‍♂️

@ALex38, You have some research to do. Its your call, your wallet. I can tell you what I have. Others also. All chargers do the same, they charge. You need an AC charger , so you can charge from the house without the need for a car battery or separate $power supply$. That's all. Price you pay determines how fast it will charge and how many it will charge at a time. The more Amps and watts the charger has to speed up charging the more money it will cost. That is your criteria. Good luck researching.:cool:

Follow @slick2500 with the chargers he mentioned. They are good options also.

@ALex38, You have some research to do. Its your call, your wallet. I can tell you what I have. Others also. All chargers do the same, they charge. You need an AC charger , so you can charge from the house without the need for a car battery or separate $power supply$. That's all. Price you pay determines how fast it will charge and how many it will charge at a time. The more Amps and watts the charger has to speed up charging the more money it will cost. That is your criteria. Good luck researching.:cool:
I should have linked to this thread a long time ago lol
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/recommend-me-a-battery-charger.1079/

Back