Joined the 140 mph club the day after I joined the 130 mph club💨💨🏁🏁

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
That's right. Went from 124 mph for over a year to 141 mph in just one day. 6s stretched Typhon.
IMG_20220619_181451.jpg
IMG_20220620_142633.jpg

Last edited:
It’s amazing how we can struggle with making progress only to have it happen suddenly, all at once. Good work brother! I’m thinking it’ll either take you 24 hours or another year to get to 150?🙃
One rear wobbly driveshaft was the only thing holding me back. Now it's time for a breather.
Sweet !

Pretty fast for GROs ain’t it ?

Congrats anyway!
If it was gonna happen, it had to be the slicks. Don't think I'd risk another pass on this set though😮

Last edited:
Big congrats brother!! It's amazing how much impact those center shafts have on speed runs. I had same issue last year stuck at 137 until I went to the Pinocchio spool and shorter shafts then boom a 7mph jump.

Hot dang that is super impressive. Congrats @Notorious J!!
If you could see all the private messages from all the amazing forum members who gave me advice along the way, it would be fair to say I didn't do it alone. It takes a village and mine is here in the Arrma Forum ❤️

Big congrats brother!! It's amazing how much impact those center shafts have on speed runs. I had same issue last year stuck at 137 until I went to the Pinocchio spool and shorter shafts then boom a 7mph jump.
Mine went from 124 to 132 to 141, and it was all because of that bad shaft. Best part is, the guy who made it is local and was just trying things out to see how they worked. Cost me only $20 Canadian and the results speak for themselves.

Awesome achievement 👍👍👍👍
But in all honesty my favorite part was when you said "today might not be my day" and the car shot off, in reverse, into the bush. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
The excitement got to me and I hit the trigger in reverse. I was lucky I didn't hit that metal reflector stake or my day would have been over much sooner 😅

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back