"Jump It Like You Stole It" Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found some old video from a few months ago (before I got my GoPro).

How long did it take to edit this video? I like that all your clips are pretty seamless, and eliminate the parts of lead up before and after each jump. Is it something I can do with a basic pc program? I've got a couple of skate park vids with my Slash that I wouldn't mind having a run at with similar editing. Not even sure I want to try, unless it's the version called "video editing for dummies".

How long did it take to edit this video? I like that all your clips are pretty seamless, and eliminate the parts of lead up before and after each jump. Is it something I can do with a basic pc program? I've got a couple of skate park vids with my Slash that I wouldn't mind having a run at with similar editing. Not even sure I want to try, unless it's the version called "video editing for dummies".

Im considering the software @bicketybam uses. There are some payment options vs owning the entire $99 suite. From what I recall, there are pay by month options as well. I'll have to dig around to find out the name of the software tool he uses..... I know I saved the info somewhere on my PC.

It took about 20 minutes. I use a program call PowerDirector 17. You run the footage and insert "breaks" into the footage which are just basically markers. I put one at the end of every jump and then another one right before the run up. When I was done I had alternating sections of jumps and then the footage of after the jump leading you to the run up I just went and deleted all of those. The actual source video doesn't get touched. When you are all done you "produce" it which means it outputs the video minus the sections you deleted. There's a ton more you can do with transitions, etc. but I just wanted something down and dirty. It's not that hard once you do it once or twice.

It took about 20 minutes. I use a program call PowerDirector 17. You run the footage and insert "breaks" into the footage which are just basically markers. I put one at the end of every jump and then another one right before the run up. When I was done I had alternating sections of jumps and then the footage of after the jump leading you to the run up I just went and deleted all of those. The actual source video doesn't get touched. When you are all done you "produce" it which means it outputs the video minus the sections you deleted. There's a ton more you can do with transitions, etc. but I just wanted something down and dirty. It's not that hard once you do it once or twice.

Man, I want to buy the whole software right now and just own it. I need to get motivated to edit and do the trial or whatever they offer and get onto it. My brain has been so resistant to editing video for too long and it's time I snap out of it. I even have footage and stuff from pre forum I'd be able to tap and show. :oops::unsure:

edit: 20 minutes? No excuse not to do it. ?‍♂️ ? (me)

Man, I want to buy the whole software right now and just own it. I need to get motivated to edit and do the trial or whatever they offer and get onto it. My brain has been so resistant to editing video for too long and it's time I snap out of it. I even have footage and stuff from pre forum I'd be able to tap and show. :oops::unsure:

edit: 20 minutes? No excuse not to do it. ?‍♂️ ? (me)
+1 on procrastination of video editing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back