Infraction Just another "Mega" project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its ready to go.. figures, I get home on a fri with the pinions delivered and it starts raining!!
😡 Got 3 from ebay, threw the 27t on.. they are actually quite nice!!

View attachment 242563

View attachment 242564

View attachment 242565
Dang, what a coincidence, mines ready to go too!! Literally just finished it all up. Just waiting on side skirts and front splitter, which should be here this weekend! Just too dark now. Think I'm gonna try and get a quick maiden run in before my son's football game tomorrow morning!! Good luck with your 1st run!! 😁 ✌️

Dang, what a coincidence, mines ready to go too!! Literally just finished it all up. Just waiting on side skirts and front splitter, which should be here this weekend! Just too dark now. Think I'm gonna try and get a quick maiden run in before my son's football game tomorrow morning!! Good luck with your 1st run!! 😁 ✌️
Was super fun.. it was wet so this thing just twirled around the dance floor, hard to get it going for any speed reading that's for sure!! This thing drifts better than my felony but it was pretty wet!! Excited to see it in the dry though for sure!! Managed a flat 50!?😟 Must be the smaller tires.. unless it was litterly just spinning the whole way through!!

Screenshot_20220909-233603_RC Gears.jpg

I forgot to post about the diffs.. there was one shim installed on the opposing side of the ring gear.. front and back, so instead of filing the diff edge off on both sides of the diffs I opted to throw a shim on the other side.. worked pretty decent actually and really freed them up!!
I did notice one thing with the composite yolks.. very easy to over tighten them.. I think that is where a lot of the binding is happening.. they are too flexible and can easily squeeze the diff into binding!! Another thing, after just one bash, they seem to of really broke in and freed up!! So maybe they are built snug to be broke in!!

Side note:My girl flew back home thurs evening so my kitchen floor needs swept and mopped, shut up!! 🤣

Last edited:
Welp, cooked those tires pretty much!! I hate that the tierods/turnbuckles aren't adjustable!!
Trimmed up the wing and went at it again!! Runs pretty cool with that big ole pinion.. I'll gear up to a 30t or 32t!? As previously stated.. must be the smaller tires!! Managed another 6 mph though!!
Bath time!! 🛀

Screenshot_20220910-172341_RC Gears.jpg

20220910_174050.jpg

Sweet! Congrats on gettin that +6. Get some street tires on that and you'll be cruisin!! 👍😁

I've got all 4 sets of Hoons for mine (g,w,s,Elevens).

Ran mine tonight for 1st time. I'll post elsewhere later. Not my thread. 👍;)
O yeah, and who is that chick staring at us? 😬 :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Sweet! Congrats on gettin that +6. Get some street tires on that and you'll be cruisin!! 👍😁

I've got all 4 sets of Hoons for mine (g,w,s,Elevens).

Ran mine tonight for 1st time. I'll post elsewhere later. Not my thread. 👍;)
O yeah, and who is that chick staring at us? 😬 :unsure::ROFLMAO:
Haa.. my main piece!! 🤣

NICE!

What pinion are you running? With a 20t you should be somewhere around 50.

I haven't updated my build yet but I got 73.2 (PB) this week with HELLRZR. I'm running the stock 3s electronics Firma 100/3900 combo with the HR slipper eliminator and mod 1 27/36 gearing. Still need to tweak ESC settings and I think I can get more.
20220915_171854.jpg

NICE!

I haven't updated my build yet but I got 73.2 (PB) this week with HELLRZR. I'm running the stock 3s electronics Firma 100/3900 combo with the HR slipper eliminator and mod 1 27/36 gearing. Still need to tweak ESC settings and I think I can get more.View attachment 244030
Congrats on your PB too!! I have to gear up cuz right now I'm maxed out at 47 with Taz, but again, it is currently geared for bashing.

Did you all turn the punch down in the mini-Frac for speed runs? I think default is 4.

Just read back through the thread and saw you are using giant pinions! I bet you'll blow past 65. That was a hanging point for me a little while back. Can't wait to hear the results!
Congrats on your PB too!! I have to gear up cuz right now I'm maxed out at 47 with Taz, but again, it is currently geared for bashing.

Did you all turn the punch down in the mini-Frac for speed runs? I think default is 4.
Thanks @Smilinbri ! I haven't adjusted anything on the ESC yet. That's why I think it has more in it!

NICE!

I haven't updated my build yet but I got 73.2 (PB) this week with HELLRZR. I'm running the stock 3s electronics Firma 100/3900 combo with the HR slipper eliminator and mod 1 27/36 gearing. Still need to tweak ESC settings and I think I can get more.View attachment 244030
I have the blx 100 with the 3200, wont have as much top end as the 3900.. I'm hoping I can catch up with the bigger pinions, ran cool on 57/27 so I dropped the spur to 50 and I'm gonna shoot for a 32t if it runs as cool as it was the other night!! Kind of just testing the waters with this composite stuff.. if I see better results hopefully I can start swapping the composite for cnc or steel drivetrain components.. trying to be cheap and get results!! 🤣

Last edited:
Hell yea bro.. 73 is great!! Hope I can get up around there!! 😳
Just read back through the thread and saw you are using giant pinions! I bet you'll blow past 65. That was a hanging point for me a little while back. Can't wait to hear the results!

Thanks @Smilinbri ! I haven't adjusted anything on the ESC yet. That's why I think it has more in it!
Well crap man.. the punch setting won't net you any more speed!! It will cause chaos though and thats just as fun!! 🤣

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back