Kevin Talbot is.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't mind that KT and others get rich from destroying stuff myself. I suppose we pay for it by sitting through YT ads.. but it's funny that companies believe I'm more likely to buy their products by delaying my satisfaction, LOL.
As to paid spokesmen (M2C and many others) I really don't think it's wrong, they have a product to sell, and want the exposure. I love Duperbash and RCDUDE vids, yet I don't own a single piece of M2C stuff. No need.🤷‍♂️

I really don't mind that KT and others get rich from destroying stuff myself. I suppose we pay for it by sitting through YT ads.. but it's funny that companies believe I'm more likely to buy their products by delaying my satisfaction, LOL.
As to paid spokesmen (M2C and many others) I really don't think it's wrong, they have a product to sell, and want the exposure. I love Duperbash and RCDUDE vids, yet I don't own a single piece of M2C stuff. No need.🤷‍♂️
You're smarter than I was. I have an M2C'd K6 because of their shenanigans. Never again. I've learned. Took awhile. As far as business...I have a different opinion on capitalism. It's not under any control. No one, or no entity tells businesses NO, or that's enough. No boundaries given. Free and freedom is relative, and business walks all over it like a god....and it shouldn't be able to. There should be caps. Limits to protect consumers who (depending on product/service such as energy, healthcare, internet and cable) are at business's mercy...or lack thereof. Seeing as RC toys are a luxury, no one is going to put their foot down, point a finger and say HEY, THAT'S JUST ABOUT ENOUGH! Like you would with a toddler that feels overly entitled. Only way to deal with that is to not give them business.

He’s an interesting character I don’t really know what I think of him he does get on my nerves if I watch him too much
TBH, I rarely watch a full video from anyone on YT. KT has matured some I think. I wasn't a fan of the "get rich" infomercials he used to put at the beginning of his vids, quite a turnoff indeed.
There's more annoying RC Youtubers I find. I don't want to mention, not why we're here..

I blame google for enabling influencers to get rich off of asinine behavior. I also blame the overall public for condoning it. Whistlin' Diesel comes to mind. Asinine, irresponsible, and destructive. No respect for anything. They feel entitled to abuse and throw away anything in order to garner money and most of all.... ATTENTION. Narcissism is rampant on social media. It's a modern day sickness. The amount of vanity and entitlement is astounding. That's why I don't care for KT, among many facets of social media.

I blame google for enabling influencers to get rich off of asinine behavior. I also blame the overall public for condoning it. Whistlin' Diesel comes to mind. Asinine, irresponsible, and destructive. No respect for anything. They feel entitled to abuse and throw away anything in order to garner money and most of all.... ATTENTION. Narcissism is rampant on social media. It's a modern day sickness. The amount of vanity and entitlement is astounding. That's why I don't care for KT, among many facets of social media.
Only reason I can watch whistlin diesel and not KT is because WD doesn't scream and yell all the time... That's what really gets on my nerves.

Only reason I can watch whistlin diesel and not KT is because WD doesn't scream and yell all the time... That's what really gets on my nerves.
I can understand. He does yell. However, I can't stand whistlin' Diesel's smug, smarmy face. It's a bratty grin. A destructive, entitled toddler with no regard for anything. The word punk comes to mind. Low class. If anyone tells him that's what he is, it only amuses him, setting off his narcissism even worse. Any attention, even negative feeds their ego.

I can understand. He does yell. However, I can't stand whistlin' Diesel's smug, smarmy face. It's a bratty grin. A destructive, entitled toddler with no regard for anything. The word punk comes to mind. Low class. If anyone tells him that's what he is, it only amuses him, setting off his narcissism even worse. Any attention, even negative feeds their ego.
I do like WD's content, if not for the destructive aspect... He actually does some crazy cool 💩.

He does get pretty crazy with his RC's but I always like that he posted up repair video's too and also discussed some of the weak points in the models. It is because of his TA MT10 video that I have one :cool:

Was not a huge fan of the raffles, would have been nice if he wanted to go in that direction to just make it a free raffle. You can google his estimated income, its pretty wild.

Like others have mentioned I can think of far worse on the YouTube spectrum...

I do like WD's content, if not for the destructive aspect... He actually does some crazy cool 💩.
🤦

Yeah, I... I'm out words on that individual, I think. I have zero nice things to say on anything about him and his 'content.' Whatever floats your boat 😅.

Edit: but I do respect that you find enjoyment somewhere in life.

I dig watching KT here and there. That whole crew can be like a sitcom sometimes. Common sense and a mediocre understanding of physics are definitely required.

For me, @razorrc is the man - I get enough entertainment watching him hit those jumps so well and things are explained perfectly.

Kevin Talbot is easily the biggest rc YouTuber on the planet today. So many years of watching this guy "entertain" us with his "durability" tests and outlandish stunts. Can't help to think how many new people in the hobby see his sh!t then go out and destroy their rigs on the first day. What about the poor parents who have to pay to repair or replace all the damage, or the young adults (and older ones too) that spent their last penny buying into the rc hobby, just to find out that they can't do what Kevin Talbot and his buddies do, without having the bank roll to back it up? His latest video has him dropping fork lift forks on a brand new KEXB 6s. WTF! Now he's making millions on raffles as well. Kudos to him for turning a fun hobby into a lucrative business, but shouldn't someone with his reach at least try to tell the viewers that it's dangerous and costly to try to attempt the stunts that he and his gang are doing? I also want to extend the blame to the rc companies who keep sending him products, as it's very beneficial to them in reaching his over 2.7M followers, but knowing that those viewers expectations in the products will never be met. I created a thread about what we break each day a long time ago, and anyone that follows it knows how costly this hobby is. People like Kevin Talbot found a way to make money on it. I commented as such on his latest video. His reply, "Ok mum 😂😂"

**flood gates opening**
Well if someone gets into rc and threats their cars like horse poop. Well you will find out soon enough at ur bank account. Sure kids be kids but don't watch people who job is to entertain for reviews. The guy doesn't care about his rcs launch them and if they survive it survives. If it dies he destroys it further because it generates him more money. Guy legit drilled the gorgon chassis to fit a small motor and then pikachu face when it snapped in half.. parents shouldnt buy their kids bashers to begin with. If they do they will end up like how a walmart rc car would end up. Broken in 1 day. Buy them a crawler or somethign small that is fixable and harder to break. Or a grom even that is way too fast for a young kid.

For UK, Tomley seems alright. For the Aussies, Aussie RC Playground is good. For here, ya' gotta' tune into Razor RC. Megasty here on the forum, his YT channel is good imo. I can't remember the YT name fully.
I remember him getting tons of heat from traxxas fanboys when he made his review on the slash. I bet theh love kev content. because pretty much everything T brand or arrma is great and you should buy it. Even if the product is absolute 💩 and expensive. Will recommand it over the cheaper counterpart and who is better in every way. He doesn't value what he owns and it shows. Like listening to mustang driver who just do burnouts and destroy their cars in a daily basis and recommands you to buy one because his is so much fun.Then u find out how much it is to fix when you do stupid. These cars in general cost an arm to maintain also. Something he wont tell you

Not a popular opinion but I personally cringe every time I hear somebody praise KT.
I agree 100% with @Notorious J you can still be entertaining without trashing everything.

His over the top antics just feel like an act used in a carnival to lure unsuspecting rubes in.

Last edited:
Not a popular opinion but I personally cringe every time I hear somebody praise KT.
I agree 100% with @Notorious J you can still be entertaining without trashing everything.

His over the top antics just feel like act used in a carnival to lure unsuspecting rubes in.
Yes. He's a RC carnival barker.

Last edited:
Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get…

This. 👆

Devils advocate here...Why does anyone care whether he wrecks rc's or not? They are his, whether given or bought. So his to do with as he pleases. As always its buyer beware when it comes to any hobby and if you don't do your research then its on you when you launch it off a huge ramp ( my kids and i may have done this once or twice) If you watch the video i don't think they really need a disclaimer when you see what happens to the rc after he launches it.
That being said, my kids and i enjoy his content but also know that its unrealistic, because...you know...common sense.

I just saw the Kraton EXB video..painful as it was to watch a new Kraton get abused. Let face it, nobody gonna watch YT of a responsible RC driver. Carnage sells and he has proved it with his number of loyal followers.

He breaks it..upgrades it (sales promotion for his vendors) and does even crazier stuff. Nowadays, plethora of idiots doing dumb stuff on social media. It is up to our common sense to prevail, distinguish between informative and just plain stupid.

Back