Kevin Talbot is.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For UK, Tomley seems alright. For the Aussies, Aussie RC Playground is good. For here, ya' gotta' tune into Razor RC. Megasty here on the forum, his YT channel is good imo. I can't remember the YT name fully.
I dig watching KT here and there. That whole crew can be like a sitcom sometimes. Common sense and a mediocre understanding of physics are definitely required.

For me, @razorrc is the man - I get enough entertainment watching him hit those jumps so well and things are explained perfectly.

Thanks guys. I'll admit I don't really watch much of the big YouTubers. I don't destroy my cars, because as I kid I hardly had anything, and always took really good care of whatever I did have. That follows me to this day.

But I will say Kevin Talbot is a legit genius at YouTube, works/worked his ass off at it and spent every minute of his free time for literally years trying to figure out how to get big. It's a different style (I would call it "entertainment" while I consider mine "informational") and not something I would do, but on the other hand it's not something I could ever do as well either. YouTube success doesn't come from luck, it actually takes an insane amount of work and actual talent to get big. Some of you who have a channel may understand...

Kevin definitely makes a ton of money at it. He also rarely takes in free cars from manufacturers. I think he gets some free stuff from hobby shops, but rarely from manufacturers, and that's on purpose. Honestly, after a certain size, $500 cars really doesn't mean anything, and eventually becomes a liability.

I do think there's a lot of assumptions people make about YouTubers that isn't very accurate.

That ain't working, that's the way you do it -- your money for nothing and your cars for free.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I'll admit I don't really watch much of the big YouTubers. I don't destroy my cars, because as I kid I hardly had anything, and always took really good care of whatever I did have. That follows me to this day.

But I will say Kevin Talbot is a legit genius at YouTube, works/worked his ass off at it and spent every minute of his free time for literally years trying to figure out how to get big. It's a different style (I would call it "entertainment" while I consider mine "informational") and not something I would do, but on the other hand it's not something I could ever do as well either. YouTube success doesn't come from luck, it actually takes an insane amount of work and actual talent to get big. Some of you who have a channel may understand... or maybe not.

Kevin definitely makes a ton of money at it. He also rarely takes in free cars from manufacturers. I think he gets some free stuff from hobby shops, but rarely from manufacturers, and that's on purpose. Honestly, after a certain size, $500 cars really doesn't mean anything, and eventually becomes a liability.

I do think there's a lot of assumptions people make about YouTubers that isn't very accurate.
I didn't automatically assume Kevin got free models. Duperbash and Dude...do; along with peddling M2C as 'testers.' Why should they get free because they're 'special' while us peasants have to pay bloated prices? It doesn't have to be like that. But it is, and I downright don't approve. It's like George Carlin talking about being in the big club. You and I are not in the big club. I don't doubt that Kevin worked hard to get his success. MY beef is social media's allowance of it. Personally....I feel that kind of living is less than ideal. I feel if one is going to make a living from work, then they should clock into a shift with everyone else. Scoff if you must, but that is my take on it. I miss the old YouTube where if one wanted to upload, it wasn't out of any motivation for a profit. Everything is commercialized. It's gone too far. Everything is a racket now. There are channels of narcissistic people making money off of breeding too many children. Boring garbage of their daily lives, living in some kind of romper stomper bomper boom child infatuated household. They make MONEY, just cutting up fruit or showing the billionth child color a picture. Society no longer says NO. It says YES to anything, so long as google or whomever gets a cut. So long as somebody wets their beak off it, it's fair game. Where does it all end? SOMEBODY has to pick up your garbage, SOMEBODY has to maintain the roads. We all can't live our lives for a camera to make a living, and neither should they. We had enough with movie and television celebrities as it was. We don't need any more.

Well you made the case before we even start the conversation when you said…2.7M followers. He must be doing something right.
I've learned I'm the weird one.

And I'm going to add to that. I hate to sound like the Joker in that Joker movie when he was sitting next to the night show host, but.... Has anyone thought of the poor Asian worker who gets paid peanuts to make us this stuff? Anyone think of them? Does Kevin Talbot think of them when he PURPOSELY destroys what they made for him in those forsaken sweatshops? Where is THEIR cut when he gets rich off that? They don't get one. I'm here looking at these springs I bought sitting next to me, and I'm aware of how they got to me. I'm not about to put them on then laugh as I purposely wreck them on camra for views as well as everything else they worked hard to make for me. That's why I like your channel, Razor. You run them as they were intended. If it breaks, fine. But you don't set out to get filthy rich out of destruction. KT is a brat. Spoiled by society that not only allows, but downright condones it because they respect his monetary position. They respect the idea of money and any means it takes to acquire it. Hence, it being called the root of all evil. There's no remorse. Not even any superficial shame. None. This isn't just about RC's this pertains to all facets of greed. It's disgusting.

Kevin Talbot is easily the biggest rc YouTuber on the planet today. So many years of watching this guy "entertain" us with his "durability" tests and outlandish stunts. Can't help to think how many new people in the hobby see his sh!t then go out and destroy their rigs on the first day. What about the poor parents who have to pay to repair or replace all the damage, or the young adults (and older ones too) that spent their last penny buying into the rc hobby, just to find out that they can't do what Kevin Talbot and his buddies do, without having the bank roll to back it up? His latest video has him dropping fork lift forks on a brand new KEXB 6s. WTF! Now he's making millions on raffles as well. Kudos to him for turning a fun hobby into a lucrative business, but shouldn't someone with his reach at least try to tell the viewers that it's dangerous and costly to try to attempt the stunts that he and his gang are doing? I also want to extend the blame to the rc companies who keep sending him products, as it's very beneficial to them in reaching his over 2.7M followers, but knowing that those viewers expectations in the products will never be met. I created a thread about what we break each day a long time ago, and anyone that follows it knows how costly this hobby is. People like Kevin Talbot found a way to make money on it. I commented as such on his latest video. His reply, "Ok mum 😂😂"

**flood gates opening**
I see it like this:

No, I don't think that there need to be ethical standards or that I should have to explain to people that what I'm doing is going beyond normal use cases and that if you treat something this way it will break, 99.9% of the time. I don't believe in nanny states and I shouldn't have to treat an audience like mentally retarded five year olds (even though the behavior of some lines up pretty good with that description). If someone has lived a life so sheltered from reality that they have yet to develop any sort of uncommon sense, then this might actually be a good learning experience in which the person is confronted with concepts like reality and the consequences of one's own actions. He's not encouraging people to do what he's doing and I think it's fairly clear that he marches to the beat of his own drum.

To me that's akin to saying you need to have a disclaimer before a demolition derby that if you treat your car in the manner you are about to witness, it will go kaputt and will either cost you lots of money to fix or you'll be able to write the car off entirely (admittedly I would love to hear the convo between the person and his insurance claims adjuster but, that's neither here nor there). If you can't intuit certain things, I think you're beyond redemption and that's not a state of being that a Kevin Talbot or anyone else is going to do anything about, no matter how he explains what he's doing so I don't put any onus on Kevin to explain reality to people. If he wants to give a disclaimer of his own volition, I have no issue with that. But I don't think he has any obligation to. He's not selling a product, telling me it will last forever irrespective of how much I abuse it. It's just entertainment (though I would agree that he's been doing more and more pre-programmed to failure content...he's always broken stuff in the course of his own "normal" use of the cars but it just feels more like wanton destruction at this point...I call it Stemp (or now Max) Syndrome). I mean, serious questions...is there any car that Max didn't break within 30-45 seconds of taking helm of the transmitter? He annoyed the living snot out of me. He kinda made Stemp look like a semi-pro track driver -*(/hyperbole/)*-

Kevin Talbot is easily the biggest rc YouTuber on the planet today. So many years of watching this guy "entertain" us with his "durability" tests and outlandish stunts. Can't help to think how many new people in the hobby see his sh!t then go out and destroy their rigs on the first day.

I find it kinda funny that your signature is...

IF YOU DIDN'T BREAK IT, YOU WEREN'T TRYING HARD ENOUGH

Anyway, people are going to do what they're going to do, it seems weird to have some kind of disclaimer. You used to see that on TV: "these are trained professionals, don't try this at home", etc. and to be honest, I'm kind of surprised more people aren't getting sued for what they put out on YT.

I actually had a video ready about how to solder battery connectors (that I think was pretty good), but didn't post it because there's always that one guy that would try it, screw up, burn down their house, and want to sue me. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Has anyone thought of the poor Asian worker who gets paid peanuts to make us this stuff? Anyone think of them?
No. Not even once.

The guy you describe as a "poor Asian" is probably making several times what he could have expected to make out in the rice fields. Are they glamorous jobs? No. Are they happy to have them? In most cases, yes. If you really feels so strongly about the plight of the "poor Asian" then what are you doing purchasing this stuff? Do you really think it makes even half an iota of difference to him whether you thought about how that spring got to you or not? Does you thinking about how that spring got to you put even a single rice kernel more on his dinner plate? Not on your life. Please don't pretend to care so deeply about the dark side of an industry you willingly participate in yet manage to absolve yourself of your own culpability by telling yourself that you thinking deeply about that "poor Asian" and the spring that went through the machine at his hands to eventually end up at your LHS and in a bag of yet more purchased goods made by other "poor Asians" in some other factory is what makes you the good guy in this story, because it doesn't.

And with that, if you could keep the virtue signaling to a minimum from here on out I would be most appreciative and would honor your sacrifice by thinking deeply about it at least once every 1-5 years...probably.

No. Not even once.

The guy you describe as a "poor Asian" is probably making several times what he could have expected to make out in the rice fields. Are they glamorous jobs? No. Are they happy to have them? In most cases, yes. If you really feels so strongly about the plight of the "poor Asian" then what are you doing purchasing this stuff? Do you really think it makes even half an iota of difference to him whether you thought about how that spring got to you or not? Does you thinking about how that spring got to you put even a single rice kernel more on his dinner plate? Not on your life. Please don't pretend to care so deeply about the dark side of an industry you willingly participate in yet manage to absolve yourself of your own culpability by telling yourself that you thinking deeply about that "poor Asian" and the spring that went through the machine at his hands to eventually end up at your LHS and in a bag of yet more purchased goods made by other "poor Asians" in some other factory is what makes you the good guy in this story, because it doesn't.

And with that, if you could keep the virtue signaling to a minimum from here on out I would be most appreciative and would honor your sacrifice by thinking deeply about it at least once every 1-5 years...probably.
I never said or conveyed that I was "the good guy." If you can get past your false assumption of "virtue signaling," maybe you'd see what I really saying. That is, (simply put) that it's disgusting to profit off of being an ass on a camera. Somehow I doubt those workers get a retirement or Healthcare or OSHA standards. It's rare in the states now, so why would they? What YOU are saying, is if YOU don't give a 💩 about inequality and the working poor, then I must feel the same as you and that I'm ACTING as though I do so I can virtue signal. You are projecting. So don't come here and proceed to tell me off when you know jack 💩 about me.

Diem Turner. "🤣" Because that's all you have left to do. The same behavior whistlin' diesel would do. Just LAAAUGH it off like a punk. You're wrong. You just don't care. If you knew what I come from, you'd realize I'm not full of bull💩 like yourself. Unlike other forum members here, I'm not impressed.

I never said or conveyed that I was "the good guy." If you can get past your false assumption of "virtue signaling," maybe you'd see what I really saying. That is, (simply put) that it's disgusting to profit off of being an ass on a camera. Somehow I doubt those workers get a retirement or Healthcare or OSHA standards. It's rare in the states now, so why would they? What YOU are saying, is if YOU don't give a 💩 about inequality and the working poor, then I must feel the same as you and that I'm ACTING as though I do so I can virtue signal. You are projecting. So don't come here and proceed to tell me off when you know jack 💩 about me.
I don't need to know anything about you to observe what you said. I genuinely don't care whether you think about the worker or not. You're still doing the square root of jack Scheiße for the worker so, what's the benefit? To him I mean. I understand why you're doing it for yourself. Why even bring it up if not to try to make yourself look good? My argument was that he's making more money at that factory like most of the workers who have come from the surrounding countryside where they weren't going to make any money in agriculture so, as crap as it might all be from our perspective, if you listen to interviews with workers who came to the city from out in the province, they're generally happy to have gotten the job, OSHA standards, or not. It might be crap to you but it actually means quite a bit to them.

Diem Turner. "🤣" Because that's all you have left to do. The same behavior whistlin' diesel would do. Just LAAAUGH it off like a punk. You're wrong. You just don't care. If you knew what I come from, you'd realize I'm not full of bull💩 like yourself. Unlike other forum members here, I'm not impressed.
Whatever will I do? I shall be forever inconsolable because I have had nothing but impressing you on my mind the past days.

I will say though, you're a keen observer. I think I expressed how much I don't care in the very first sentence of my response. Well, the second sentence...if you count "No." as a sentence (which I wouldn't but, YMMV). So what exactly am I wrong about? I'm batting 1.000 so far. Whether you understand what you were doing as virtue signaling is irrelevant. It is what it is.

So now it's not ok for me to laugh at your silly retort? Ok bub, sure thing. So what did Whistlin' Diesel do that got your panties all in a wad? Are you seriously telling me that you don't understand that he's playing a character? It's scripted entertainment, what is wrong with you?

I don't need to know anything about you to observe what you said. I genuinely don't care whether you think about the worker or not. You're still doing the square root of jack Scheiße for the worker so, what's the benefit? To him I mean. I understand why you're doing it for yourself. Why even bring it up if not to try to make yourself look good? My argument was that he's making more money at that factory like most of the workers who have come from the surrounding countryside where they weren't going to make any money in agriculture so, as crap as it might all be from our perspective, if you listen to interviews with workers who came to the city from out in the province, they're generally happy to have gotten the job, OSHA standards, or not. It might be crap to you but it actually means quite a bit to them.

Whatever will I do? I shall be forever inconsolable because I have had nothing but impressing you on my mind the past days.

I will say though, you're a keen observer. I think I expressed how much I don't care in the very first sentence of my response. Well, the second sentence...if you count "No." as a sentence (which I wouldn't but, YMMV). So what exactly am I wrong about? I'm batting 1.000 so far. Whether you understand what you were doing as virtue signaling is irrelevant. It is what it is.

So now it's not ok for me to laugh at your silly retort? Ok bub, sure thing. So what did Whistlin' Diesel do that got your panties all in a wad? Are you seriously telling me that you don't understand that he's playing a character? It's scripted entertainment, what is wrong with you?
You have the attitude of a psychopath. You feel that if they're thankful, then all is well. It's not. I'm well aware that how I feel about it won't make them pay their workers fair, and living wages. You said yourself that it's dark. Should North Americans be thankful to work their tail ends off and never be able to afford a roof over their head? Oh, but that's THEIR fault if they're not smart or cunning enough to be like Kevin Talbot for example. Right? That entertainment doesn't need to exist. Profitting from asinine, dangerous, and destructive behavior shouldn't even be a thing. That's exactly right. You don't care. I come from family and a historical city that actually gives a 💩 about right and wrong when it comes to workers rights and safety. Some even died in 1937 for it. The business even hired goons to shoot the workers over it. We all consume, but unlike you, I actually do care about the wrongs of greed, and that includes the rotten business of social media. Social media is shaping people into being entitled, narcissistic, vain brats. Social conditioning is powerful and quick. It's a problem. You can laugh it off all you like. Don't be projecting how you feel about it onto me.

What's astounding, is your assumption that I'm trying to "look good." Another case of projection. Something that people with personality disorders can't seem to stop doing.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Sounds a lot like someone wants to censor/block someone else’s content because they aren’t as successful
Your thought appears to be that I would like to have KT's level of wealth, so in my anger and jealousy, I would like to see it stopped. Not it. Once again, many people value money SO much that they respect an individual who would use unsavory methods to acquire it. They'll grasp at finding any excuse that it's okay or isn't so. Self gaslighting. Greed is admired, so if anyone speaks against it, it's automatically assumed that it's jealousy.

Your thought appears to be that I would like to have KT's level of wealth, so in my anger and jealousy, I would like to see it stopped. Not it. Once again, many people value money SO much that they respect an individual who would use unsavory methods to acquire it. They'll grasp at finding any excuse that it's okay or isn't so. Self gaslighting. Greed is admired, so if anyone speaks against it, it's automatically assumed that it's jealousy.

The OP gives out internet awards for breaking stuff, no?

Unsavory methods? KT is not out here selling drugs to kids, be real.

That just means that 2.7M people are stupid as fvck!
The majority doesn't make it right or just. Might doesn't make right.

I knew full well I would likely be in the minority on this in the threads. I knew what I said wouldn't be popular or liked at all. Doesn't matter to me. Contrary to mister weiner schnitzel, I'm not motivated to be in a favorable light. Of course, I wouldn't doubt that at the very least, he'd very much like to think I'm sanctimoniously pleased with myself. Sometimes, there's no arguing with people. It's all in vain.

The OP gives out internet awards for breaking stuff, no?

Unsavory methods? KT is not out here selling drugs to kids, be real.
And you're making me out to be more dramatic about him in particular to fit whatever narrative you have brewing in your mind.

Last edited:
The majority doesn't make it right or just. Might doesn't make right.

I knew full well I would likely be in the minority on this in the threads. I knew what I said wouldn't be popular or liked at all. Doesn't matter to me. Contrary to mister weiner schnitzel, I'm not motivated to be in a favorable light.

And you're making me out to be more dramatic about him in particular to fit whatever narrative you have brewing in your mind.

I don’t have any narrative about you or KT. I simply don’t care. If KT was promoting something actually terrible, like stealing money from your mom’s purse or kicking stray dogs, yeah I would be upset.

We should censor him because he makes money and money is evil?

1713014750960.png

Well in America 🇺🇸 it’s still a free country. I say watch Kevin if you want to. If you don’t want to that’s fine as well. Myself and my kids love his don’t do this to your RC car video. He takes a Xmaxx with the tire coming apart and whoops a guys butt with the flapping tire. That’s entertainment to a guy like me who works those long hours and it makes my kids laugh so I’m all about it.

Back