Koenigsegg having same problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
So I'm reading the article on how Koenigsegg wants the mph record and I see they are having the same problem I have. Well probably most of us have. So now I don't feel to bad if a multi million dollar co is having the same search I'm doing. Well at least I can rule out Sweden. 🤪🤪

Screenshot_20240207-180456_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240207-180614_Chrome.jpg

So I'm reading the article on how Koenigsegg wants the mph record and I see they are having the same problem I have. Well probably most of us have. So now I don't feel to bad if a multi million dollar co is having the same search I'm doing. Well at least I can rule out Sweden. 🤪🤪

View attachment 347250

View attachment 347251

Not much of a problem..
Just need to wait.
And afford to live in Dubai.

https://www.neom.com/en-us/regions/theline

Once they are complete and can "smartly" shut off the side streets to the main Strip, you'll have plenty of road to try and hit Max speed.

Or just build a top fuel dragster and go 320mph in 1000ft... gotta be way easier to find the room for a 1000ft stretch vs whatever those guys need to run.... probably cheaper to build too lol
Which one of these kids is doing his own thing, come on, can you tell me which one? One of these things is not like the other. The difference is subtle, I know.
1707388132108.png

This is why I've always favored drag racing over speed running.... same sought-after results, except 1 is done as fast as possible and the other, well, meh.... I know, im gonna get lit up, but that's ok, the devil is busy so advocate it is....

This is why I've always favored drag racing over speed running.... same sought-after results, except 1 is done as fast as possible and the other, well, meh.... I know, im gonna get lit up, but that's ok, the devil is busy so advocate it is....
it's a lot harder to be the leader for a 2 hour race then for a 3 second race 🙄

Or just build a top fuel dragster and go 320mph in 1000ft... gotta be way easier to find the room for a 1000ft stretch vs whatever those guys need to run.... probably cheaper to build too lol
that's the max that the engine can handle. this pace for more than a split second will destroy the engine, there is a reason that the engine is rebuilt after every drag run in NHRA. there is a gigantic difference in a top fuel engine strapped to 400 lbs of sheet metal vs a car that you can go out and purchase tomorrow and drive to work that will also do 300 mph. it isn't even a comparison. i would imagine this is why rc drag racing (much like irl drag racing) has nowhere near the popularity of Nascar, F1, IMSA, autocross, etc.

drags are more about time off the line and time to max speed vs any sort of ingenuity or suspension or braking or anything for that matter.

that's the max that the engine can handle. this pace for more than a split second will destroy the engine, there is a reason that the engine is rebuilt after every drag run in NHRA. there is a gigantic difference in a top fuel engine strapped to 400 lbs of sheet metal vs a car that you can go out and purchase tomorrow and drive to work that will also do 300 mph. it isn't even a comparison. i would imagine this is why rc drag racing (much like irl drag racing) has nowhere near the popularity of Nascar, F1, IMSA, autocross, etc.

drags are more about time off the line and time to max speed vs any sort of ingenuity or suspension or braking or anything for that matter.
It's actually 2300lbs of "sheetmetal", but you were close... and there's more ingenuity and r&d in a set of cylinder heads and the fuel system, and the clutch of a top fuel car to get that power to the ground, then you could even imagine. Not sure if you're uneducated or just biased, but if you've ever attended an NHRA event, you'd know there a literally 10s of thousands of people there, so to say it's nowhere near as popular as any of the others is just silly. To harness upwards of 8000hp, keep it going straight, and not knock the tires off and shut it down safely in less than 5 seconds is nothing short of impressive. I grew up at a drag strip and made multiple passes in a mid 9 second Camaro, which is mediocre by today's standards, but felt like a rocket ship back then, I don't think any of us could even fathom the rush, and the g-force, of going twice that fast in an even shorter distance as they only race 1000ft now instead of the traditional 1320 quarter mile. No motorsport is "harder" than the other, just different for different purposes

It's actually 2300lbs of "sheetmetal", but you were close... and there's more ingenuity and r&d in a set of cylinder heads and the fuel system, and the clutch of a top fuel car to get that power to the ground, then you could even imagine. Not sure if you're uneducated or just biased, but if you've ever attended an NHRA event, you'd know there a literally 10s of thousands of people there, so to say it's nowhere near as popular as any of the others is just silly. To harness upwards of 8000hp, keep it going straight, and not knock the tires off and shut it down safely in less than 5 seconds is nothing short of impressive. I grew up at a drag strip and made multiple passes in a mid 9 second Camaro, which is mediocre by today's standards, but felt like a rocket ship back then, I don't think any of us could even fathom the rush, and the g-force, of going twice that fast in an even shorter distance as they only race 1000ft now instead of the traditional 1320 quarter mile. No motorsport is "harder" than the other, just different for different purposes
Yeah I meant to have a "2" in front of that but you get the idea. I have dragged for sure, my dad used to have a 2006 Corvette with a Pro Charger on it that ran low 10s depending on tires and my daily driver that I also dragged at the time was a G8 GXP. I have been to numerous NHRA events to see top fuel dragsters (CA and TX). It is impressive, sure...but there is a reason people do this after they retire from the tougher motorsports or they couldn't make it in circuit / lap racing. BTW, the avg NHRA tv viewership is rated 1.6 million viewers and NASCAR averages 2.4 million. Also, a dozen less events each year in NHRA -- To each their own though!

Last edited:
I was thinking what would be next popular motorsport outside the US after formula 1... I think everyone knows LeMans and Isle of Men, but it's not like people watch it much. I guess here in NL the Dakar rally comes second.
Really? That's bad ass! I just started following that closer last year and it really is so cool to learn the history of that motorsport. Where do you think this is currently the #1 above F1, if anywhere?

I'm a drag racer at heart, so that's where my allegiance lies... I do respect and appreciate you speed run guys, the trial and error and patience it takes to get good is a craft all its own, one I definitely don't posses lol... I'd be curious to see where drag racing ranks if you include the "street/no prep" category which seems to be growing daily🤔

I grew up at a drag strip and made multiple passes in a mid 9 second Camaro, which is mediocre by today's standards
This is funny because a 9 sec 1/4 is still extremely fast. I watched Roadkill growing up and I got the impression that if you couldn't get into the 10s then it wasn't worth it. But nowadays, (most) run of the mill modern cars aren't good for better then mid 14s.

Really? That's bad ass! I just started following that closer last year and it really is so cool to learn the history of that motorsport. Where do you think this is currently the #1 above F1, if anywhere?
Maybe in Dakar and other African countries it crosses.
Maybe countries where the drivers do better than their F1 counterparts, like France (Loeb and Peterhansel) and Spain (daddy sainz)
And perhaps Finland where all people are natural born rally drivers

Almost 5000 miles of the harshest terrain make Dakar just beyond insane. I don't think there is anything that can compare

Hmmm. Ingenuity, suspension and braking is basically what makes drag racing possible. Also, look up sick week and drag week. May change your perspective on the 2 hour vs 3 second argument.

But nowadays, (most) run of the mill modern cars aren't good for better then mid 14s.
You sure about that? I’m talking out of my ass here, but there are probably 15+ four-door family cars on the market today that can break into the 13s without a single mod.

Hell, my 2012 Lincoln MKS, which is a pig of a car, could do it in 13.9 stock according to Motor Trend.

And sports cars are faster and tougher than ever before. The block, transmission, and drivetrain in a current Mustang GT can reliably handle 700+ horsepower with no mods.

Cars are fast these days and it’s awesome.

You sure about that? I’m talking out of my ass here, but there are probably 15+ four-door family cars on the market today that can break into the 13s without a single mod.

Hell, my 2012 Lincoln MKS, which is a pig of a car, could do it in 13.9 stock according to Motor Trend.

And sports cars are faster and tougher than ever before. The block, transmission, and drivetrain in a current Mustang GT can reliably handle 700+ horsepower with no mods.

Cars are fast these days and it’s awesome.
yeah, the CT5-V BlackWing!

Um…. You’re off by a mere 2000hp there sir..

Back