Kraton Kraton servo upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you end up needing be spacers ?

Yes, I kept the stock rubber spacer (rectangle), and put 2mm spacers on top of that, then the servo on top of that.

I was surprised by one thing. The wires on the Savox 1210SG are located on the end of the servo, but are towards the top of the servo. I would not have been able to get the servo in the mount with out putting some serious pressure on those wires. So I have to take the servo apart in order to get it into the Mount. Then I re-assembled the servo and secured it to the mount. Then installed the whole unit as if it were one piece. And when I say I took it apart, I mean I had to take off the top cover. This requires removing the 4 corner screws from the bottom of the servo. the 2 middle screws hold the servo's electronics in place, while the comer screws are long and secure the top to the bottom of the servo case.

Enjoy, it's one of my favorite additions to the car.

Yes, I kept the stock rubber spacer (rectangle), and put 2mm spacers on top of that, then the servo on top of that.

I was surprised by one thing. The wires on the Savox 1210SG are located on the end of the servo, but are towards the top of the servo. I would not have been able to get the servo in the mount with out putting some serious pressure on those wires. So I have to take the servo apart in order to get it into the Mount. Then I re-assembled the servo and secured it to the mount. Then installed the whole unit as if it were one piece. And when I say I took it apart, I mean I had to take off the top cover. This requires removing the 4 corner screws from the bottom of the servo. the 2 middle screws hold the servo's electronics in place, while the comer screws are long and secure the top to the bottom of the servo case.

Enjoy, it's one of my favorite additions to the car.
Awesome thanks for the insight. Where did you get the 2mm spacers from?

Thanks again! Last question and I should be good. Were you able to reuse stock hardware or did you have to use something else?

The stock hardware works fine for the screws that attach the mount to the chassis. The screws that hold the servo to the mount may need to be 3-4 mm longer. I say "May need to be longer" because I don't know but it makes sense. I swapped every screw I could to a Stainless, Cap Screw with a deep 2.5mm Cylindrical head. Much easier to get out, and with the deep head, less chance of stripping one, and even if I did strip one, the shrew head is tall enough to grab with pliers. Search GRAINGER on this site and you'll find the thread with the screws I used. I went to the Grainger site and ordered a bag of every size, that is used on the Kraton, that I could find.

After a lot of research i found the best option from my point of view Savox SA-1283SG with 416.6 torque at 6V and 0.13 speed, can't wait to recieve and install in my new Kraton
I just installed the SA-1283SG servo on my kraton and I am very impressed. Plug and play type of servo install and is a big improvement to the stock servo.
20170603_145719.jpg
20170603_191048.jpg

Attachments

• 20170607_135341.jpg
    20170607_135341.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 86
^^^ What's the advantage to orienting your servo that way (opposite to stock)?

^^^ What's the advantage to orienting your servo that way (opposite to stock)?
Not sure of any advantage or disadvantage yet.... but originally i ran this way because i was trying to route the wires a certain way. Seems to run fine so far but still only had a couple batteries through this servo.

Dude, you installed your servo wrong.......lol. The steering arm shouldn't be out like that. Look at some pictures of other peeps kraton. Just trying to save you from another repair.
Yes i know in the pictures it is not set up the factory way.... i have since then swapped it back the other way and i font think it males any difference. Not saying im a professional at it or anything but it wasnt binding up at all and was functioning the same.

Yes i know in the pictures it is not set up the factory way.... i have since then swapped it back the other way and i font think it males any difference. Not saying im a professional at it or anything but it wasnt binding up at all and was functioning the same.
It's cool, had to take a second look and realized it wasn't right. Nothing bad or mean, was just poking a little fun and humor into the day. It's all good and if we keep working on these the way we do we are all gonna be professionals very very soon........

Has anyone ever had the servo actually start smoking. I set up a small ramp. Just a piece of plywood on a picnic table and jumped a couple times. The last jump was a little front heavy. Still on the wheels not a nose dive really. And Lost steering. Smoke was coming up from under the servo. It's just s stock servo but I do have the Voltage Hobbies mount. Scared me I thought at first that it was the ESC. After I thought about it not steering I plugged battery back in and it started smoking again. Would it have anything to do with running 6S? I wouldn't think so! I know nothing about BEC'S but from other posts I believe it kinda regulates the Voltage going into servo. Is this something I should put on the new one? Is one better than another? Are they adjustable? Looks like I'm back to playing the waiting for mailman game. Lol.

I run 6s on my kraton and never seen smoke.
Right! Ya I see most everyone runs 6S. I was just curious because I seemed to be having trouble with receiver right before I lost steering. I really hope I didn't lose both
The receiver and servo

It should all be covered under warranty.
Jk420 how does warranty work? Can they look it up by the serial number at all. I'm normally really good with paperwork but I remember looking all over the day after I bought it and never found the receipt. Not sure how long they been building the V2. I got mine around March.without paperwork I'm probably hit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back