Limitless LibertyMkiii's crazy belt drive car project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caster is critical for straight line stability. All of the self correcting tendency comes from caster, and if it's off in the wrong way, you'll get the broken shopping cart wheel wobble! Some is built in to your setup already from what I can see.

Ackerman isn't applicable here. Your CG is über low and your wheelbase is über long, you just want to make your U-turn without dragging one wheel too much. 😉

Caster is critical for straight line stability. All of the self correcting tendency comes from caster, and if it's off in the wrong way, you'll get the broken shopping cart wheel wobble! Some is built in to your setup already from what I can see.

Ackerman isn't applicable here. Your CG is über low and your wheelbase is über long, you just want to make your U-turn without dragging one wheel too much. 😉
I appreciate the guidance. I may re-design that front block with 10 degrees positive caster.
For now it appears I am ok o_O

I checked the PDF/Article for Nic's 202mph car, and lucky enough for me he noted his caster setting in this....

1619556439406.png

Zero caster is a little sketchy, but that's what testing and revision is for! Then again, a rollerskate doesn't have any effective caster, and that's what this is, a rollerskate that can do a u-turn at the ends of the course. You can cross that bridge when you come to it, if you even come to it at all. You might just fly past it at 204 mph...

Or defunct airfields. Reno's air race airfield was once national guard, and is still accessible for car clubs as far as I know. My local airfield moved a half mile over due to a degraded surface, and is used by several auto racing clubs and a RC airplane club under city agreements. I can go out there and speed run the 1/4 mile drag strip as long as nobody is using it. I think this is common. There are also unmanned airstrips, but the rules might not be so straightforward.

Or defunct airfields. Reno's air race airfield was once national guard, and is still accessible for car clubs as far as I know. My local airfield moved a half mile over due to a degraded surface, and is used by several auto racing clubs and a RC airplane club under city agreements. I can go out there and speed run the 1/4 mile drag strip as long as nobody is using it. I think this is common. There are also unmanned airstrips, but the rules might not be so straightforward.
There is one I know of in Mineral Wells TX that I used to do auto-club drifting events at. The problem as you mentioned is the degraded surface and vegetation started to take over.

There is one I know of in Mineral Wells TX that I used to do auto-club drifting events at. The problem as you mentioned is the degraded surface and vegetation started to take over.
Lets start a Gofundme to resurface it 🤣🤘🏻

Waiting on a tool mentioned in post #161, the pulleys, belts, and motor.

With that in mind I moved back to working on the body. I am almost done with the initial body filler over the 3d print. Next up will be primer, followed by sanding, more sanding, primer/body filler, and more sanding :ROFLMAO: till it is all perfect.

Once I reach that point I can form a mold off this shape.

BodyFillerCapture.JPG

I just had a vision of you sanding on that body mould as Demi Moore with the ghost of Patrick Swayze with the Righteous Brothers crooning in the background...
Whoooa buddy keep your pants on :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LibertyMKiii let me know if you need a plane ticket, if you can fly Southwest I have several hundred thousand points. I would be willing to donate round trip tickets for you, so you won’t have to worry about it.
Wow thank you!
Southwest has a main hub here in Dallas so that could be an option. I'll keep everyone posted on a run spot determination.
Again the member here are amazing and just blow me away! I had 2 others reach out and donated, but didn't want their names mentioned.

This project still has a long way to go before I can run it. I don't expect testing to go perfect. This setup is full of things that are un-tested...
The other tricky part would be traveling with LiPo batteries :ROFLMAO:

I should have some good updates by this weekend as many parts are coming in this week finally!!! Belts, pulleys, motor, and the tool for pressing the pins.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back