Limitless Liberty's "Unlimited" dream speed build - Stretched Arrma Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember though Frankenstein was actually the creator of the monster and not the monster, ...maybe it should just be called "The Monster". :devilish:
I still quite like Unlimited since the Limitless has limitations (motor size or sacrifice a battery tray). Couldn't help but poke fun of the name Arrma used....

Last edited:
I think that's true for a lot of our builds/projects. :LOL:

I'd love to see what we could really do if money was no object. :oops::cool:
Wait a sec. We're supposed to show restraint? Someone must have torn that chapter out of my rc "how to" manual??

Wait a sec. We're supposed to show restraint? Someone must have torn that chapter out of my rc "how to" manual??

There certainly is a clear line between spending lots of money for certain brand names, and what actually works.
A great example is MaxAmps batteries. They cost 3-4x a normal LiPo and it is all hype. Most other batteries perform significantly better.

Most everyone who does speed runs installs the XLX esc and TP Power motors because they have been proven into the 150-180mph range. They simply work! Large TP Motors like the 4070 range from $130-190 versus NeuMotors in the $300-900 range. Same goes for Lehner motors on price.
MGM ESCs get thrown in large RCs like 1/5 scale with Lehner motors. I have yet to see one used and actually go fast. Their numbers look great, but proof has yet to be established. Don't get me wrong.... I would love to try one to see how they perform, but do I need/want to spend that much to be a Guinea pig? For an ESC and motor combo that costs so much I would expect a significant improvement. Also if they are truly flowing a cont. 400-800 amps that car should absolutely smash speed records.

-Liberty

25 LBS of clay has arrived.
This is honestly the part I am most excited for! Once I get the clay on there and begin shaping it, this should go pretty quickly. I expect that I may have a finished shape by the end of the weekend...

-Liberty

Try to document how you do this process @LibertyMKiii because it looks really interesting. (y)
I will certainly take lots of pictures and will try to describe the process.
I am tempted to do some video, but I don't have a video editing software that can stitch together many short video clips. Any editing software recommendations out there?

-Liberty

I will certainly take lots of pictures and will try to describe the process.
I am tempted to do some video, but I don't have a video editing software that can stitch together many short video clips. Any editing software recommendations out there?

-Liberty
Davinci Resolve

Got started on my custom body. The air dry clay is not the correct stuff to use. It moves and cracks as it dries. Trying to make do with it and see if I can get to a final product. May have to scrap this junk and start over on the body shaping with modeling clay that does not harden.

I used some green foam that you can get at hobby lobby. Helps fill the big voids instead of using tons of clay.

It's a massive car!

-Liberty

Have you ever been working on your RC car and then really wanted some cake?

All butter cream frosting!

Ok not really.
This is drywall joint compound (often called Mud)
It is both cheap, and sand-able. You can apply this stuff just like body filler / bondo.
When applied thick it will crack as seen here:

Lightly sand and re-apply in thin layers.
Repeat the process over and over till you get the final desired shape.
Still not 100% but getting very close! An exercise in patience, because I have to wait 6ish hours for it to dry before sanding again.

-Liberty

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back