Kraton Looking for suggestions on upgraded RC controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jarrma

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Looking for recommendations for a controller that I can use for multiple cars also will I have to outfit each car with a like reciever. New to the RC world

You will need to purchase receivers for each RC to work with the new radio.
For that reason, part of the decision process is how much do you want to spend on recievers?

While I personally am a advocate for Futaba radios due to feel and range abilities.... you may not want to spend 40+ per receiver.

For that reason lower cost receiver/radio options might be a wise choice for you.
I have seen RadioLink RC4GS mentioned often on the forum lately. They are available on Amazon and receivers are 1/2 or less price of Futaba.

There is also Spektrum DX5 and other similar radios that are fine if you don't need long range. (beyond 600ft)

Looking for recommendations for a controller that I can use for multiple cars also will I have to outfit each car with a like reciever. New to the RC world
I would suggest checking out the Futaba line-up. I have their Futaba 4PL and am in absolute love with it.

I bought the Spektrum DX5c Rugged and its really nice. One handed driving ftw

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=SPM5200

SPM5200_a1.jpg
SPM5200_a15.jpg
SPM5200_a7.jpg
SPM5200_a18.jpg

good suggestions here.
like said, all depends what you want to spend, and how many receivers you plan on getting.
Having a receiver for each car is a lot nicer than having to move just one around and change its settings each time.
Tons of good radios on the market now.

whats your price range/budget? how many receivers do you need?

I upgraded from a DX4r Pro to the DX5 Pro - which is a really nice transmitter - I like the various options the previous 4 gave me and the 5 does now - receivers depending on the model you have can be in the £30 range to more expensive with all the bells and whistles like on the Kraton 8S which gives you AVC, SMART and stuff ... still exploring the capabilities but it fits like a glove if not you can make it fit by altering it ...

here is a review

When I change everything over will go with Futuba, probably the 4 series.

I have futaba 3pv and am looking to get a dx5 as well because it offers avc does anyone know if futaba has a tsm/AVC type setup im not to familiar with gyros.

Is the ability to adjust the AVC gyro function on the fly important to you?
For me I typically get it set the way I like it and never touch it...

If you are good with setting it and never adjusting on the fly, this is a simple and relatively low cost solution SkyRc GC301

https://www.amazon.com/SkyRC-Automa...t=e&keywords=skyrc+gyro&qid=1576768236&sr=8-4

Is the ability to adjust the AVC gyro function on the fly important to you?
For me I typically get it set the way I like it and never touch it...

If you are good with setting it and never adjusting on the fly, this is a simple and relatively low cost solution SkyRc GC301

https://www.amazon.com/SkyRC-Automa...t=e&keywords=skyrc+gyro&qid=1576768236&sr=8-4
I have the Yeah Racing version of that SkyRC gyro and I gotta say it’s pretty useless. You need to turn it up to about 50% for there to be enough travel to make a difference. Problem with that is that once you get moving it’s too sensitive and it makes the wheels go back and forth. Turn it down a tad and then there’s no effect at all. I’m going to be removing mine going forward.

After the poopy stock one, took a futaba3 . It went better but software is like the stock transmitter... poopy! One step you do the setup is great! Actually you dond’t need something else! The problem with the 3pv is only to reach an acceptable setup but it will be definitely 1000 times better than stock one! I took used on eBay a futaba t4px for less than 300 box(new 650) and I must say... now I am happy

Attachments

• 97DD9BEE-B56F-4507-9DDB-4C582E1413FF.jpeg
    97DD9BEE-B56F-4507-9DDB-4C582E1413FF.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 50
  • A4B7F6EC-0205-49BE-83F0-662AEB3CAB31.jpeg
    A4B7F6EC-0205-49BE-83F0-662AEB3CAB31.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 54
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back