Notorious Upgrade suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Looking to upgrade my steering servo from the standard spektrum s652 servo any suggestions ?
Reef’s raw 500, savox 1210sg, perfect pass monster, or some people go with the DS 35 from Amazon if you’re looking for cheap. I’m not sure if your model comes with a 23 tooth servo horn but most aftermarket servos are 25 tooth so you may have to dry a Servo horn. Hot racing makes a good one for around 20 bucks. Promodeler makes extremely good servo and their warranty is great as long as the servo ain’t got busted gears. If you crash it’s your fault but if it just quits they’ll fix it. Good luck. Tons of servos on line

Reef’s raw 500, savox 1210sg, perfect pass monster, or some people go with the DS 35 from Amazon if you’re looking for cheap. I’m not sure if your model comes with a 23 tooth servo horn but most aftermarket servos are 25 tooth so you may have to dry a Servo horn. Hot racing makes a good one for around 20 bucks. Promodeler makes extremely good servo and their warranty is great as long as the servo ain’t got busted gears. If you crash it’s your fault but if it just quits they’ll fix it. Good luck. Tons of servos on line
I used a cheapo Amazon servo horn on mine, it was like $12 works great. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZLLCXWW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&th=1

I usually just use the stocker 25 Spline Arrma Option horn along with my DS3235 35 kg Cheapo servos.
But there are so many options out there.

Not a fan of giving high end servos 6v which is all the Firma 150 offers, in which case I'd recommend the Amazon special of your choice, still much better than a S652.
Firma offers 7.4V, this Flash Hobby 45kg works well on a budget. Fast and strong enough for 6S backflips. Off-budget I’d go AGFRC but some others mentioned are adequate

Don’t forget to put in an aluminum mount too!

BC5D3EB7-F509-4603-9E09-E215F831C065.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back